SchwererKonigstiger

Konigstiger's Linux Toolkit

Welcome to my Linux Dedicated Server Toolkit.

Brief:

This is a collection of bash scripts designed for Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04, and 16.04 LTS.
It allows server admins to automate many of the menial tasks that they have to do on a regular basis.

I've built this up over quite a period of time, and thought that releasing it would be beneficial to the community and newer admins.
It may not be amazingly user-friendly, but I hope that it will help anyone that's been looking for something similar.

These scripts are used in deployment on my own Linux box, where I host multiple websites and other servers as well.
They are relatively stable, and should not cause any issues unless there is a typo on the user's end.

Therefore, they will receive continual improvement as I improve my own scripts on my server.
New additions to this may not be immediate, but will be added gradually, as my testing environment is also a production environment.
I have done my best to make the documentation as straightforward for absolutely new users to Linux.
However, basic understanding of server setup steps needs to exist, such as moving files, SSH/RDP/VNC client setup, firewallD, basic file system knowledge. I have done my best to cover some of the other stuff.

What's Included:

- A how-to guide for setting up your ArmA 3 server

- A basic package of scripts for updating your ArmA 3 server
 - A script to sync missions between a GitHub repo and multiple server instances

- A script to rapidly deploy a server that is sym-linked to your original server files (Referred to as an instance)

- Example Server Configs & an Example Difficulty setting for your servers

- A script set that can start and stop your server smartly. If it is running already, it won't start

- A modpack deployment package based upon Head's Swifty Launcher

- A tool to automatically fix casing on mod folders. [bETA]

- A script to automatically update mods that are hosted on github, by scraping a new release, downloading, unpacking, and then installing. Also supports

automatically deploying to the Swifty repo! [bETA]

- A Google-Drive based server-wide backup script that utilizes rsync, a low-overhead method of keeping your important files safe. [bETA]

Included are also a means to automatically update Swifty, and basic setup instructions.

Coming Soon:

- 1 click script to restart all your servers

- 1 click script to update all your swifty repos at once

- More documentation
 - Some kind of header image so I look cool

- More code comments --> Make it easier for users to understand

Licensing:

These programs are free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

I am not responsible for any issues caused or created by this package. You use it at your own risk, and I am not liable for any perceived or real damage to your operating system, components, or hardware.

Gitlab & Download:

https://gitlab.ddca3.com/DDC/LinuxServerScripts

Patchnotes:

v0.2b

Hosting changed.
This package will now be hosted only on our GitLab.

v0.2a

Added:

- opliteupdate.sh

- oplitebuild.sh

-repos.sh

- update.sh

- player.arma3profile

- removed testbuild.sh

Now it is possible to utilize the update command from swifty, and an interactive bash script will assist users in doing so!

As well, updates to documentation and other scripts have been provided.

Edited by SchwererKonigstiger
Added v0.2b patchnotes
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

v0.2A was released a little while back.
v0.3A is being prepped and will be released shortly after New Years.
Will contain some new stuff I've been working on in the back.

I may also be releasing a PowerShell powered Windows package in the future, as my group will possibly be moving to Windows Server 10.

Hello SchwererKonigstiger,

I am getting an error when trying to clone the project.

I have tried the following...

git clone https://gitlab.ddca3.com/DDC/LinuxServerScripts
git clone https://anonymous@gitlab.ddca3.com/DDC/LinuxServerScripts

I get either Access Denied or a 403 error.

@Kopaka89 @Wallop Hey, obviously our gitlab went down a long time back cause we ended up switching to windows which gitlab doesn't work with, and it's a long story. Anyways, Konig did move it back over to a github he just forgot to post that here. If you (and by extension anyone else looking for it) still want to use it, it can be found here: https://github.com/SchwererKonigstiger/LinuxServerScripts

Also we've just switched back over to a Linux server, so there is a possibility Konig might work on it more, who knows /shrug

Edited by Eogos
  • Like 1