Sign in to follow this  
Deathrow Bo Dean

Help Understanding AI & Vehicle Ammo Refill & Reloading

I'm still a bit new to this wonderful A3 game with all it's mods, addons and etc. One of my in-game problems is this::-->

I make a Sp, Coop or MP mission using A3 Apex with me as a NATO Officer Bluefor player. I also add a Bluefor Fireteam (AI made playable) for me to command and some Optfor enemy. I place a vehicle with 2 machine guns on it for me and my men to use. . After we fight some Optfor men my Bluefor team say's that they are out of ammo. I have on my map some NATO vehicle ammo boxes and some supply trucks including a medic truck. How or what do I do in-game to resupply my car and men?

In some other games i.e the Battlefields, one just has to get near the ammo boxes, crates or another vehicle to get an ammo refill or repaired. I know how to use the 'I' key to resupply myself but i'm still don't know how to resupply an AI or Vehicle in the game. Please Help.

Tell or bring your men to those ammo boxes or vehicles, and then press their corresponding keys F1-12 and then press 6, and scroll down the list and tell them to resupply or get ammo,

the option to get ammo should come up, its a matter of command, theres other ways to do it but thats most basic.

Gunther, I tried what you said to do. When i get close to an ammo box or crate with my men or a vhecile. nothing When i hit the '6' key sometimes may get a few options to use with the mouse wheel button no resupply option. I'm using the Steam version of A3 apex does that make a difference? another problem is i'm using a light mg and it olnly has 1 reload now. at first it had 3 reloads. when I hit the 'U' key and look over on the left edge of the inteerface I see that i can select all kinds of weapons and gear. Kool, However, where do i find the Ammo (in-game). Because If the ammo is not in a crate or ammo box  I have to rehit the 'U' key and load the light mg again just to get that 1 mag of ammo. Is there a way for me to get access to ammo reloads ammo in-game?

I'm using the Steam version of A3 apex does that make a difference?

No Arma3 is Arma3 there is no other versions of it, its only on steam, so what you have aside Apex everyone else has.

It may be possible that no option comes up for ammo because the ammo box/truck you have in your mission doesn't carry those mags or type of ammo,

so AI cant resupply with what not available,however try one individual soldier and see if you can go into his inventory, using the same method, should say

inventory and then he will open it.

Here: http://www.hec.wtf/wiki/index.php?title=ARMA_3_Standard_Ammo_Boxes_und_Supply_Crates u can see which boxes contain which ammo.

Now the ammo to refill for you vehicles is a completely different box.

As example the ammo vehicles have no weapons and no ammo inside of them but they are used to rearm vehicles (cars/helis/planes).

Just park a car beside the ammo vehicle/box/pod and while u in the driver seat look to the ammo vehicle/box/pod and u get an option to rearm.

(not 100% sure about this but I think this goes automatically by AI controlled vehicles whenever they park beside one.)

Side note, you can also use vehicle rearm scripts aldo are they some harder to set up ofcourse... : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19735 but look much better then without.

The ammo vehicle/box/pods are more for rearming repairing and refueling the vehicles without need of any of those scripts.

So long story short.

Ammo Vehicles / Ammo Pods / Vehicle Ammo Boxes are Empty and are only to rearm vehicle mounted guns.

Normal boxes like : "http://www.hec.wtf/wiki/index.php?title=ARMA_3_Standard_Ammo_Boxes_und_Supply_Crates" are for you and you men to use.

Thank's theo1143 for the FYI's.  Gunther, I was thinking along on the same lines as theo1143 before i read his or her  post. I just don't  see the ammo for the mg i'm using listed in any of the ammo boxes/crates I have.

The light mg and it's ammo is:

ZWMMG Medium Macine Gun,

Caliber .338 Norma Magnum

338 NM 130 Rnd Belt (130.130)  

I was about to find out how to add to an existing ammo box or  make a Custom Ammo Box and add that ammo to it. But now iI will study theo1143's FYI's and re-reply back a.s.a.p.. !Thank's Again All...

Thank's theo1143 for the FYI's. Gunther, I was thinking along on the same lines as theo1143 before i read his or her post. I just don't see the ammo for the mg i'm using listed in any of the ammo boxes/crates I have.

The light mg and it's ammo is:

ZWMMG Medium Macine Gun,

Caliber .338 Norma Magnum

338 NM 130 Rnd Belt (130.130)

I was about to find out how to add to an existing ammo box or make a Custom Ammo Box and add that ammo to it. But now iI will study theo1143's FYI's and re-reply back a.s.a.p.. !Thank's Again All...

How did this go for you? Parking next to the box while in the vehicle and looking at it. Do you get the auto-rearm option?

It never works for me.

Same goes for fuel bags and medical facilities. It's like a total mystery how these are supposed to function. I don't understand why these containers/hurons/tents are even available if they don't heal/refuel/rearm.

• Like 1

HeroesandvilliansOS; I'm stil can't get any vehicle to reload or get my AI men to reload. I'm gonna try to get these reload thinggy,s to work on my system over this weekend when I'll have more time. i'll reply back.   

• Like 1

This seems to be one of the most mysterious aspects of the game. No one it would seem would genuinely know the answer. These rearm/repair/refuel items have never worked for me so hopefully you figure it out.

Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Yesterday  I played a custom mission made by me on Stratis that has my Arma Apex team fighting some of Ryan's Zombies & Demons. I also have a few ammo boxes some Nato for light weapons and a few Vehicle ammo boxes. I'm the squad leader and as a Bluefor Officer (player). I'm driving a Humvee with 5 crewmen one of them is on the mini-gun.. When i heard them say "out of ammo" i drove over to one of the vehicle ammo boxes and hit the 'i' key to see the items menu for the vehicle ammo box shows but it did not reload the Humvee. I then pressed 'F2" with the mouse wheel button to select crewman #2 and pressed '6' and  one of the options were to switch to #2 I pressed that and switched to # 2 crewmember. some reload commands for the other crewmen started to run. I could not get back to being #1 squad leader. I don't know if the crewmen reloaded or if the Humvee reloaded. I did try to repeat that process but no luck in the reloading.

What gets me about this is that reloading is not 'Rocket Science'.  Many games have simple reloading features of vehicles and men. There should be some sort of very simple 'Reload All' feature in Arma 3. if i knew how to program or script i'd try to make one.  However, i'll keep trying to figure out just how to reload my AI and vehicles.

"Never Give up Never Surrender"