Sign in to follow this  
bulletcollector

Startup Problems 241Hz

Hello,

I have a pretty old system here, but when i start up my Display turns black and show me an out of range message: 241Hz (it is a 60Hz LCD Display)

The Computer is still responding as i can get out of the game with some shortcuts...

if you need more details let me know what you need.

Hello,

I have a pretty old system here, but when i start up my Display turns black and show me an out of range message: 241Hz (it is a 60Hz LCD Display)

The Computer is still responding as i can get out of the game with some shortcuts...

if you need more details let me know what you need.

Good morning,

Thanks guys for reporting, I will look into this and get back to you! :)

And here I am with the answers :)

First of all try to update all the drivers of your graphic card, if that does not help please send your PC specs, its possible you are trying to start the game on PC that is below the minimal requirements.

if it doesn't work :

is there a way to activate V-sync from config file (ie without launching the game)? Your monitor might be telling you that it can't handle a frame-rate this high, so with V-sync the game would be limited at @60Hz

@Mitrail go to C:\Users\Name\Documents\Argo, open Argo.cfg and change vsync=0; to vsync=1;

@ITokyYourCookie you are right i messed up with minimum system requirements!

i only have a GF210 in the computer right now  :blink: 

but i can give you 'news'

i tried launching the game again and again and suddenly it started up - though i only got 30fps in menu at the lowest possible resolution (640x480?) ingame was more like a slideshow

but its obvious that this rig is too slow

(i3 540 and the GF210)

will have to wait till the new computer arrives in a few weeks  :rolleyes: 

EDIT: i already have the latest gpu drivers but the gpu is way too weak anyway...