Sign in to follow this  
milo9393

Moving objects

Earlier today i was trying to test out making a simple elevator script. I added the action to a board and set the variable name of my wanted object (in Eden editor attributes above Init field for the object) to O5.

The mission compiled without script errors but once i start the action on the board, i get notified that the variable O5 is not defined.

Anyone know what i did wrong? Possibly a lot but heres the script atm. 

this addAction ["elevator down", "O5 setPos [2940.441,7829.422,90]"] ;

EDIT: problem was solved, i had defined the variable "05" as "_05" and it resulted in the script not being able to reach the variable name.

If anyone has got some sort of elevator script that i could use on multiplayer to move vehicles up and down, that'd be great (=

EDIT:

Moving on, i tried to attach the nearest object to my elvator to the elevator itself by using nearestObject, This failed since everytime i try to assign it to a variable, the game seems to return an array.  a syntax error but can someone say which part of it is wrong.

_carToConnect = nearestObject [[2944.097,7833.583,54], ["Car"], 10];

_carToConnect attachTo [Elev_1, [0, 0, 1] ]; 

hello, could you help me I'm trying to create an elevator and I would not know how to do the code thank you very much

Do you mean something like this?

Edited by Tostm8
Link wasn't working