McGalcri

Stopping Radiation

After advising this, due this game PURE editable, i think is not against rules... This thread is because we CANT edit an important paremeter of the game (I think due it is in the game core, no idea)... the SOLAR ACTIVITY problem.

After months searching and searching... i found nothing about how to reduce radiation, only someone saying about in the elevator it can drop around -0.000001/second but didnt checked yet... it sound me as a glitch or something hehehe.

I dont understand why RADIATION implemented with nothing to do against this... How the hell can we survive in a survival game where you will die for sure because there is no way for survive?, ... no sense. Before adding radiation (can KILL you) it must have also something for avoid it...(try to win a game you will lose always?)

Anyway... im still with old version v0.9.0200:39318 running in 32bits really good (many bugs but... i can support it lol) newer version only running in 64bits (i dint see any advise about this for 32bits users... sad)  and .... YAY!!! I found a way for STOP RADIATION with CheatEngine. The problem is you must repeat this short trick everytime you restart/load a game, but is not complicated...

1. Open CheatEngine and select TKOM.EXE process (the game)

2. IN GAME: Using Medical tool, keep an eye in your Radiation SV value, if it is zero (0) just wait to rise to 0.001, if you already have some much better

3. IN CHEATENGINE: search that value you have using VALUE TYPE: FLOAT that will show a lot of addresses, just wait for next Radiation SV value change and repeat this operation with the new value for reduce that list. You will see only 1 address is constantly increasing with constant speed, that is your radiation!!. Double click it for add that address to the list below, just mark the box on the left, double click in value and write there zero (0).

4. VOILA!!!! you will have constantly radiation ZERO!!!!  :D

Personally i do this because i worked in my base for months... and I reached a point where i cant continue... i die in 3 minutes later due the radiation.. :( But NOT ANYMORE!!! ... One day... the whole Mars will be mine!!  ^_^

Enjoy Marsnauts!!

EDIT: Dont really need to do it everytime you load/start a game, only when radiation values are going a bit dangerous hehehehe, for reduce the value to zero (0).

Well i suppose this kind of a mod for a game version which is no longer current. I don't suppose you are going to make a mod like the normal method and creating an addon rather that using a external program?

Well i suppose this kind of a mod for a game version which is no longer current. I don't suppose you are going to make a mod like the normal method and creating an addon rather that using a external program?

OH! Its not a mod hehehe, and I have no idea how to create a mods (yet hehe). Due it is using CheatEngine program (exteral tool) these steps will also works for any version... not only old ones. The use of CheatEngine is really easy for these tasks, really intuitive.

I just wanted to share this way for allow us keeping playing our scenarios without radiation limits, maybe the game should have more options (DIficult level) for activate/deactivate solar events and so on, or just radaway pills heheheheh. *cough* this name sounds me...  ^_^