ettio54

CPU and GPU usage very low and epic low fps

Hello, I played a lot to arma in 2015. I had arround 50 fps in solo with very high settings. Today, I wanted to play again but whatever my settings I have arround 8 fps. When I deacrease to 1000 the view distance and when I am watching the sky or the ground I can have back my 60 fps but when I look forward I have 8 again. I have already reinstalled the game and made a new profile but no changes. I have a I5 4570, a gtx 770 and 8go of ram. I don't know what to do. Thanks for helping me and sorry for my bad english.

Hello, I played a lot to arma in 2015. I had arround 50 fps in solo with very high settings. Today, I wanted to play again but whatever my settings I have arround 8 fps. When I deacrease to 1000 the view distance and when I am watching the sky or the ground I can have back my 60 fps but when I look forward I have 8 again. I have already reinstalled the game and made a new profile but no changes. I have a I5 4570, a gtx 770 and 8go of ram. I don't know what to do. Thanks for helping me and sorry for my bad english.

Try switching to the latest RC branch as it worked for me:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183855-release-candidate-branch-announcements/#entry3116566

My Cpu Usage is only 44% and gpu usage is below 20% on max settings on dont understand I will have a smooth 60fps but as soon as an enemy comes close to me and we engage in a fight my fps will drop to like 10 and stutter and go to like 25fps then if he dies or i die it goes back up to 60 its sad :( I even made a video on it  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRL-7Bj6hWI

7 hours ago, Dankdude said:

Same problem

Arma is not very good at utilizing the hardware available to it as it is. There are a few tricks to get better FPS but it would be helpful to find the root cause first since it can be several different things.

What are you PC specs and what are your ingame settings?