JUNGLE WARFARE!!

Forum_pic.jpg

new.jpg

Situation:
Inteqam (Revenge) in the Wildlands is a persistent sandbox SP Wasteland mission based on the lush Bystrica with logistics, free-roaming and base building/survival elements where you, a covert OPFOR operative, were handed over to the ruthless FIA rebels towards the end of Al Inteqam (The prequel mission also available on steam workshop/drive).

The AAF, however, has surprisingly come to aid you in this time of trouble and sent in their teams spread sporadically all over the map. Seeing a chopper sent in by NATO to provide additional monitoring, AAF too have injected one of their own to balance the equation. You have just managed to take out the guards and are without any equipment. Bruised and battered from the melee ordeal...

General Tips:
- A Base Building Factory, an empty heli and and empty tank will spawn on a random location (On destruction, all 3 of these will respawn elsewhere after a delay).
- You can recruit guerrilla units at the flagpole installed at Rebel Camp.
- There are a total of 6 teleport poles spread throughout the map which will help you and your group members to teleport to any other pole location. Respawn-able vehicles are present near each pole.
- At regular intervals, the AAF will send in a cache which will be marked on the map and supported by a smoke grenade. It will have 3 each of random weapons, items and magazines.

Final Words of Advice:

- The teleporting flagpoles are relocatable via logistics.
- To make the most of your inventory, empty weapon crates can be spawned at the base building factory so that you can save some stuff in them and carry them wherever you may like. Mark useful crates locations on map for easier navigation. But be careful, if the vehicle carrying the crate/flagpole is destroyed, so will the crate.
- Respawn-able empty Striders are placed on undisclosed spots on the map.
- Every dead enemy group will respawn somewhere on the map after a set timer.
- All the empty vehicles are set on a “respawn to original spot†timer once they are either destroyed, or deserted for more than 500m.
- And last but not the least, you have an addaction where you can repair all nearby vehicles within a range of 50m. But it has a screen fade effect so beware of using it near enemies.

- Allied group will be deleted once the player is killed

- Instead of loading the cache drop in the truck and going all the way back to the base, spawn a crate with the base building factory and take it along. Stuff it with all you think you will need and then equip your self somewhere safe.

- You can tow vehicles and take them wherever you want. Just place the vehicle you want towed behind the vehicle which will tow and you will see an addaction

- Helis can lift vehicles and crates. Just hover the heli over the target object or vehicle and an addaction will appear. The ideal height should not be about 5-10m I guess.

Summary:
1. Wasteland in SP
2. SP Respawn
3. Base Building
4. Logistics
5. Combined Arms (in a way)
6. Cutscenes and cool music ;)
7. And lots ...and I mean Lots & Lots OF UNADULTERATED FUN..

Needs:
CUP Terrains Complete

*Hope you all enjoy this as much as I have loved making it* :D

Download:
Google Drive
Steam workshop

Update 3:

1. FIXED: The mission got broke due to updates. Fixed with the help of the amazing community member Rydygier.

Update 2:
1. Added "towing" and "lifting" logistics ability to the vehicles.
2. Included unit caching to increase FPS considerably

3. Added a new rebel camp for recruiting

Update 1:

1. Assigned NVGs to allied and enemy guerilla units

2. Optimized enemy spawn area to make encounters more possible

3. Allied team mates will have infinite magazines as it is assumed they will re-arm like humans. Its a good compromise I guess.

Special Thanks to:
- Amazing people like RYDYGIER (wouldnt have been possible without your spawn codes brother), JShock (like always), Greenfist, Shuko, R3vo, Larrow (the wizard), Haleks, R3F Logistics team and the entire bis community that have supported my work till now through their scripts, snippets etc.. :)

• Like 11

AI count increased a bit. Re-download the file if you need more AI .

The steam workshop version got automatically updated too.. :)

• Like 1

Cant wait to give it a try  :D

Thank you. :)

Update: Minor bug fixes related with heli, tank and base building factory respawns.

Thanks for the invite brother. I be checking this out next weekend. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the invite brother. I be checking this out next weekend. ;)

That'll be great !! 

Update:
1. Assigned NVGs to allied and enemy guerilla units
2. Optimized enemy spawn area to make encounters more possible

So far I love it. The startup screen is very well done and will have to find out how you worked the health improvement etc when mission starts. Got to be honest though its more than Im used to. Love being able to build my own base. That is sweet as..Will update more

• Like 1

So far I love it. The startup screen is very well done and will have to find out how you worked the health improvement etc when mission starts. Got to be honest though its more than Im used to. Love being able to build my own base. That is sweet as..Will update more

Thank you brother... yeah a lot of hard work, google researching and help from the amazing armaverse people has gone into it. Not to forget the infinite Alt+Tabs.. :P

The health thing you are talking about it very simple.. Use eliteness to dePbo my mission, then open in editor... you will see some triggers which give the gradual gearing up and final full health effect.. :)

PM me for whatever doubts you have.. Even better is post your queries here so that others may also benefit :)

And you wont believe but that intro scene is super simple ;)

Will share a video link where I learnt it, with you if you want.. :)

Would be awesome bro

There you go..:

• Like 1

I am continuously updating it with minor tweaks and improvements. Hopefully everyone is ok with it. The tweaks are so minor i cant write them here again and again. But thats arma. You fix one thing and you remember you left 2 settings altered.. :P

• Like 1

Sorry, that´s not for me, i do not understand it.

First, i drive to the crate, load it into Zamak and drive to the base building site. Second, i load the crate out and find NV. Suddenly, 2 enemies shoot me and i respawn, stand there without invantory - except 6,5 mm i think. And now, the night coming .... without NV ...  :wacko:

How can i save my inventory?

• Like 1

Sorry, that´s not for me, i do not understand it.

First, i drive to the crate, load it into Zamak and drive to the base building site. Second, i load the crate out and find NV. Suddenly, 2 enemies shoot me and i respawn, stand there without invantory - except 6,5 mm i think. And now, the night coming .... without NV ...  :wacko:

How can i save my inventory?

I am sure you have played Wasteland by Sa-Matra on the multiplayer servers? Coz its an extremely well known mod and once your character is killed, you re-spawn to a town of choice without any gear accept for a uniform and a 9mm. Not even an NVG. So its a 9mm pistol and not a 6.5mm rifle. :)

I have made it a tad easier by giving the player map, vest and the backpack along with the uniform and 2 magazines on the pistol at each respawn.

But overall, the mission is intended to be a bit difficult. Your group will get deleted once your character dies and respawns. Its a wasteland, what can I say :)

Your base will NOT get deleted even when your character dies. Hence its a good practice to place a marker on the map wherever you have begun building a base.

But I guess I can add NVG. Let me think about the possibilities first please.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks for answer. I play sp @home pc, not mp. ;) 

I mean 9mm not 6.5 mm, sorry. 

I think, NV - the beginning of the mission is too late, better early in the morning, then no NV is necessary.

• Like 1

Thanks for answer. I play sp @home pc, not mp. ;)

I mean 9mm not 6.5 mm, sorry. 

I think, NV - the beginning of the mission is too late, better early in the morning, then no NV is necessary.

The mission starts early in the day, hence I think you should be able to kill atleast one enemy and grab their NVGs? I am sure you can ;)

Trust me, adding the NVGs from the beginning will make the mission very very easy.. And if you dont know already, I have accelerated the game time 8 times. You can see it in the clock on the top right of the map. Moving really fast :D So the night will end much faster than normally.

Apart from that, cache drops have a good chance of containing the NVGs. I will be adding a few side missions soon. Like eliminate the HVT (high value target), destroy the communications tower etc... :)

There you go..:

Cheers bro. Watched a bit already. Try and get my head around it...lol

• Like 1

Update:

1. Added "towing" and "lifting" logistics ability to the vehicles.

2. Included unit caching to increase FPS considerably

3. Added a new rebel camp for recruiting

• Like 1

Hello, just started the mission today

Loved how the mission started. Fantastic work!

Question:
I am at a Rebel camp now. 

How do I recruit a member?

There seems to be no Addaction.
Only "Repair Vehicle".

• Like 1

Hello, just started the mission today

Loved how the mission started. Fantastic work!

Question:

I am at a Rebel camp now. 

How do I recruit a member?

There seems to be no Addaction.

Only "Repair Vehicle".

Hey man. Thank you very much for your review:)

You can recruit the units at the flagpole at the rebel base. I forgot to mention it in the mission info. That too is updated and several synchronizations. Please download the latest version from google drive or it will automatically update from steam workshop. Now enemies will be more around the player :)

Thanks again man.

Lastly, how are missions generated or are there any missions or side missions like your first Al Inteqam.

What is the objective of the mission, besides staying alive?

I need a goal or objective. 

The only  thing I can think of now, is to get to the Red Icon that says something about a Factory, get over there and build one.

Other than that, I really don't know what to do.

Al Inteqam had specific missions, so I need something specific to do.

• Like 1

Lastly, how are missions generated or are there any missions or side missions like your first Al Inteqam.

What is the objective of the mission, besides staying alive?

I need a goal or objective. 

The only  thing I can think of now, is to get to the Red Icon that says something about a Factory, get over there and build one.

Other than that, I really don't know what to do.

Al Inteqam had specific missions, so I need something specific to do.

Hey.. Thank you for the review.

Well, Al Inteqam is a very separate entity than this mission. Apart from the fact that the Hero is the same. This is all about survival. Hence I dont suppose adding tasks like in Al Inteqam would be a wise design idea. What I CAN look into is a to add very tiny side missions like make the crate drops, heli and tank spawns to have some patrols around them :)

Thanks. Will update soon.

Minor update:

- The cache drop, heli and tank now have some patrols around them

- Further optimizations

UPDATE:

- Increased the count of infantry and helis

- Removed the flares at night feature

- Other minor optimizations