Sign in to follow this  
Gogsjsy

What is your favourite game mode?

What is your favourite game mode in Project Argo?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. So what is your favourite game mode in Project Argo?

• Link
    • Raid
    • Clash

Hi Guys.

So what is your favourite game mode in Project Argo?

Link, Raid or Clash?

This was meant to be a poll, but for some reason the question wont add to the post.

Adding poll (while I look into why you were not able to)

Edited by BohemiaBeck
tested adding a poll from post creation, appears ok, sending PM.

I think Clash is fantastic as it really forces you to move with a slightly increased degree of thought.

Link and is really good for just jumping in and wasting some time playing some fast paced ArmA.

Raid is not too bad, but I think the timer on it and people sitting around for a long time isn't what I want to get out of Argo.

• Like 4

I think Clash is fantastic as it really forces you to move with a slightly increased degree of thought.

Link and is really good for just jumping in and wasting some time playing some fast paced ArmA.

Raid is not too bad, but I think the timer on it and people sitting around for a long time isn't what I want to get out of Argo.

My favorite without a doubt is Link,  The fast paced gameplay is excellent and this really lets people get a lot of out the game in a short amount of time.  I am not a fan of raid... waiting to respawn really takes the fun out of games like this.  All in all I am really enjoying this game.

Clash too, it requires a more tactical gameplay and there is a real evolution during the rounds.

Link is also good for short rounds.

I think my favourite hands down is Clash. I enjoy the getting a variety of close-long range combat and the options you have on how you approach each objective. It's got a good pace too, it's slow but the timer is low enough to push you to the objective but only having one respawn also encourages that you take your time. The down time between rounds is also nice since it gives you a chance to get acquainted with the map so you can choose where you want to attack from. 

I like the idea behind raid and it could just be the map itself but I didn't get as much enjoyment from it. I could almost say it's the most bland feeling(?). I just didn't feel like it did anything well but at the same time it's not like it was bad

Link is the one I enjoyed the least and it's not terrible but I personally dislike it. The rounds are just too quick, I feel like if it were a tug of war type mode pushing to the enemies base almost like clash but without the downtime, less objectives/all objectives active and within a smaller arena (like it is now) it'd be more enjoyable and make the rounds a little longer.

I like Link the most.

It's just a lot of fun for me :)

I don't like gamemodes without respawn, that's why I haven't played the other gamemodes much.

Clash is the goto, And raid is fun for just jumping in with friends and getting a PVP fix.

Personally i don't care too much for Link, too quick for me, and i dislike respawns..

I think Clash works well to ArmA's strengths with the back and forth, and of course no respawns. ;)

• Like 3

Clash, Raid then............................................................. Way down here.......................................................................................................................................................................................Link..

After playing Argo for a few more hours I have changed my mind from link to Clash. Clash just forces you to think twice before making a move and you get to play in different areas on the map in one round.

I like raid because it puts you on an offensive or defensive position depending on what team your on, and you know where you're attacking / being attacked from.

I like Link mode, but i think its to fast, maybe you should add some points counter for holding "main".

Voted for Clash, but Raid is a good gamemode too.

Link is to fast and alot of people dont know what todo.

But I think 8v8 or 10v10 could make some of the gamemodes even more fun. Clash and Raid would get more possibilities. Attacking with two small squads for example. The endless ways to get to the points need more players than cs for example with only 3 possible ways to get to the objectives.

Le mode RAID est excellent !

Je suis de FRANCE

J'ai une question y' a t'il un administrateur ARGO qui parle Français car beaucoup joueur ne parle pas anglais Merci

Je crois beaucoup en ce jeu et j'ai encore une autre question y' t'il des fichiers binaires disponible pour crée des serveurs dédié afin de configuré des partie pour l'Esport ?

RAID mode is excellent!

IRM from France

I have a question there is an ARGO administrator who speaks French because many players do not speak English Thanks

I believe a lot in this game and I still have another question there 'bin files available to create dedicated servers in order to set up game for the Es-port?

4 hours ago, eMp. Coly-_- said:

Le mode RAID est excellent !

Je suis de FRANCE

J'ai une question y' a t'il un administrateur ARGO qui parle Français car beaucoup joueur ne parle pas anglais Merci

Je crois beaucoup en ce jeu et j'ai encore une autre question y' t'il des fichiers binaires disponible pour crée des serveurs dédié afin de configuré des partie pour l'Esport ?

RAID mode is excellent!

IRM from France

I have a question there is an ARGO administrator who speaks French because many players do not speak English Thanks

I believe a lot in this game and I still have another question there 'bin files available to create dedicated servers in order to set up game for the Es-port?

Hello Coly,

If you need any help to translate something I can Help you. Just tell me by private message what you need to be translated.

*Same thing but in French*

Si tu a besoin d'aide pour traduire quelque chose je peux t'aider. Juste dit le moi par message privé se qu'il doit être traduit.

*back to english*

For me I have 300 games on Raid and around 20-30 for the two others... I love how Raid is right now.

I think raid is the best gamemode for the competitive nature of this game. It's simple, quick, and gimmick free.  Out of the three gamemodes, it seems to be the one that favors skill and coordination above all.

I think link has a lot of potential.  Personally, I think the mechanics of the mission flow are great, but it just doesn't add up to good mission flow overall.  I'd like to see a link mode where there was a higher point limit, with 3 mains and no nodes, and no main camping bonus. 

Clash is a well designed gamemode, but it's a waste of time in "normal" mode.  With no UI, you often get lost, often shoot at the heads of teamates that aren't showing up or are too far for the GPS, and can't manage time on your own that the mode requires.  Along with that, enemies in spawn areas are much more dangerous in clash than any other mode.  But since the UI is disabled in "normal" mode, you can't actually see the mission trying to designate enemies inside spawn zones. With all that together, it ends up being a pretty poor competitive game-mode IMO.

20 hours ago, RSF-TheCapulet said:

With no UI, you often get lost

Are you level 1 ????

Too few replies but stats seem to confirm a theory I have that most people prefer clash but everyone plays link for XP.

On 4/11/2016 at 9:48 AM, willithappen said:

Agree big time with this ! 2-3 minute rounds would be way enough for raid mode ! The Normal mode 7 minutes is just asking new players to camp ! 

1 hour ago, GhettoGrill said:

Agree big time with this ! 2-3 minute rounds would be way enough for raid mode ! The Normal mode 7 minutes is just asking new players to camp ! 

We do plan some tweakings to the length of the rounds. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GhettoGrill said:

Camping will always be the best tactic for defenders in raid. Reducing the time will give defenders even more of an advantage.

The only way I can think of to change that would be to turn the mode around and make the attackers know where the right point is while defenders have to adapt. This can be done "plant the bomb style" where the attackers must upload data from one of the 3 points and they either know which one or choose it.