Incontinentia

Incontinentia's Effects Mod - more realistic hit effects and more

For anybody who is using this with Blastcore, I just did some testing and found out that the blood effects are overwritten by Blastcore when these mods are used together. I'm working on a fix now. 

• Like 6

Wassup people. Story time. 

I got a fair bit of feedback from Steam Workshop (thanks to all who subscribed - there's apparently 4,000 of you now!?!) about the physx part of this mod being quite unrealistic. I kind of agree but couldn't find a way to achieve what I really wanted to do with physx, which was to increase gravitational speed for ragdolls while still allowing them to fly, so I just made people fly and left it at that. In light of the feedback though, I subsequently spent most of a day fiddling with each physx parameter to try to see what I could improve and unfortunately failed to find what I was looking for but did stumble across something cool: joint parameters. It turns out Arma can model joints that don't bend backwards on themselves like actual rag dolls, it just chooses not to most of the time. Which is nice. I also found a way to keep people from leaping backwards with every shot but still do more than slump during explosions. I'm fairly pleased with the results. Oh, and Blastcore.

Anyway, without any more guff, I present: 

Incon Effects Mod V1.2

Added: 
Blastcore compatibility PBO (move from optionals folder to addons to use, will overwrite Blastcore blood effects with these - experimental)
Please bear in mind that I have no idea how Opticalsnare's mod handled blood effects so the compatibility PBO is experimental and the effects aren't as obvious as I'd like them to be. But it should still be far more realistic than vanilla. Any config guru's want to help me out here, please do. 

Tweaked:
Blood effects are a little less uniform
Other subtle blood changes
Physx tweaks overhauled. 
- Bullet hits have been toned down (now only slightly more than vanilla - per requests)
- Explosions still make people dance around, but less
- Joint parameters have been tweaked so limbs shouldn't bend unnaturally as much anymore (experimental)

Enjoy!
  • Like 5

Wassup people. Story time. 

Pijus Magnificus - > ( Bogus Dickus in spanish) is happy with this!

• Like 1

IT'S ON STEAM WORKSHOP!!! THANKS!

• Like 1

Small update to fix jumping characters (hopefully). Any issues, let me know. Links are updated. 

• Like 3

First time I've come across this mod. Looks great!

Heads up to anyone using ASR AI: Apparently there's an incompatibility with the physx tweaks and ASR's wounded crawling feature. If you notice any glitches, removing the physx.pbo file from addons should solve this unless you'd prefer to disable the effect in ASR. Cheers to steam user Riven Deckard for pointing that out. 

• Like 1