almanzo

Feedback Thread

I'm not 100% with you for this one.

We should be able to skip the kill cam. But only if we want ( like in rainbow six ).

You don't like something in the machinegun LIM-85? Do you have any problems with the machinegun?

Spoiler

Do you know that with a machinegun the character gets tired faster, hence moves longer?
Someone doesn't like the machinegun, to someone AK-12, to someone DMR. Maybe, from a game remove all automatic weapon and to leave only pistols and axes (hatchets)? :icon18:

• Like 2

I think its a needed thing, you should be able to tell your teammates where you were shot from ! 

Guns is a instrument for kill. The tool itself can not be effective. Efficiency - it's a using that tool by man. 

"gun not shoots. Shoots  man" - M. Kalashnikov

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, asys said:

"gun not shoots. Shoots  man" - M. Kalashnikov

I think, that it will be more correct: "Guns itself don't shoot. People do shooting from guns." (translate.google.com) :scratchchin:

37 minutes ago, urfinjuce said:

I think, that it will be more correct: "Guns itself don't shoot. People do shooting from guns." (translate.google.com) :scratchchin:

perhaps :) Thank you  

Some form of "punishment" for leaving games, seems like a trend , that if people arent winning, or getting to much competetion, they simply just leave their team !

Death Cam is good, as it saves players using glitches, and cheating, and just sitting hiding all game killing people.

Making players move about, and have to think about new position improves the gameplay, for all.

so I back Deathcam 100%

marty1.png

I think if we're going to have an easy/hardcore mode, killcam should probably be left out of one. 

Sure, it helps out in public play to keep glitchers and cheaters down.  But it really diminishes the competitive value of the game when you're up against other proper teams.

Been using the MK 200.  Noticed a pattern.

Long range, even deployed / braced - you can see the scatter.  Understandable.

But close range... seems off.  I have had several instances of stationary targets (laying down for example) at 2-3 feet range where I had a literal 3 seconds of full auto before someone even turned towards me.  They... seemed unaffected.  Not hit.  No blood.  Nothing.

They were not hacking.  Just normal players.  Is there an issue with accuracy close range with this MG?  You would think that close range with a MG would be not so.... miss miss miss.  I do not get the same close range issue with the other MGs I have used.

Mid range seems the best for accuracy.  I can hit things pretty quickly and consistently.

Meh.  The death cam is the death of stealth and tactics.  Gotta love gimmicks... (not).

Glitchers can still be called out by teammates who screenshot them.

In Russia there is a saying: "A Wise man learns from other people's mistakes. A Smart man learns from his mistakes, but a Stupid man never studies."

Spoiler

В России есть поговорка: "Мудрый человек учится на чужих ошибках. Умный человек учится на своих ошибках. А глупый человек никогда ничему не учится".

Therefore it is interesting to me, from where there was the last shot and to try not to make a similar mistake next time.

5 hours ago, Seddrik said:

Meh.  The death cam is the death of stealth and tactics.  Gotta love gimmicks... (not).

Glitchers can still be called out by teammates who screenshot them.

How many players actually bother to report them, and you cant get a screen shot, unless you do the glitch and screen shot it!

marty1.png

21 hours ago, RSF-TheCapulet said:

I think if we're going to have an easy/hardcore mode, killcam should probably be left out of one. 

I agree with TheCapulet on this. 

If the devs want to keep the kill cam at least nerf it. It follows the players movement for way to long, make it a static screen shot,or make it just look in the direction you got killed from. 

The meta of killing someone and then having to run a fake route for 5 seconds is just silly.

If the devs want to keep the kill cam at least nerf it. It follows the players movement for way to long, make it a static screen shot,or make it just look in the direction you got killed from. 

The meta of killing someone and then having to run a fake route for 5 seconds is just silly.

First, I'm for keeping a "killcam" in the game.

The Killcam should only shows enough, so the dead can trust that the kill was legit.
It should not follow the killer's movements and 2 seconds of it would be really enough I think. A screenshot would be ok too.

* To find out the location of the killer, there is other information at our disposal to use.
Even if we should not be able to communicate when we are dead though.

1 hour ago, Gspot said:

-Trusted community admins...

-Search function to stats and more refined stats(hsrate, accuracy etc)

-Ingame reporting possibility

-Enforced screenshots....yes, because most of these hacks are just scripts(which have overlay on game)...but forced screenies with PUBLIC database with search function is easy and fast way to find common hackers.Its much more harder to make injected hack if you have to same time deal and overpass enforced screenies...Even if softawares like punkbuster are cr@p when catching cheaters in overall the games which have dedicated serverclients with again public screenies its so easy to spot rotten players.extra overlays just show up on screenies (except off course more "pro" hacks" bypass these but not in all cases,again you usually still get warning on failed screenies...)

-Player stats based method for finding aimbotters (like fairfight and etc)  

His first idea could be a great thing ? Not like admins but more like trusted member.

And for the second idea. Just being able to see MY personnal stats like this could be cool. =b

Ho and I was thinking about something for all the player who love video editing. Be able to use the editor in game BUT with all the preset for the gamemodes ( props placed on the map for each gamemodes ). 

Edited by Lt.Master
Added a third Idea

14 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

His first idea could be a great thing ? Not like admins but more like trusted member.

And for the second idea. Just being able to see MY personnal stats like this could be cool. =b

Ho and I was thinking about something for all the player who love video editing. Be able to use the editor in game BUT with all the preset for the gamemodes ( props placed on the map for each gamemodes ). 

That is something I am working on, not adminds, but community members which act as Ambassadors, right now there is one - Yoshi_E :)

We are working on website reporting feature - in game is large scale and we need to focus in different things now.

• Like 1

Could you improve the player roulette? I think it's not fair playing against +10 level higher players. I got the same xp even if i take down lower or a higher level enemy. Higher level players kill the lower level players easier therefore they get more and more xp and the gab become wider. 

It would be more balanced if the lower level player gets more xp when kills higher level player and the opposite way. This means that the high level players will not "farm" the lower ones.

Small suggestion and few questions about the server browser:

• ability to filter Premium servers (either on or off). With lots of servers especially when they are still popping up, it's a bit slow to scroll down few pages to see the non premium ones. Understandably, most random people probably don't use the server browser, and it can be kind of an incentive to buy Argo premium if you keep seeing all those premium servers (if/when they fill up), and I admit freely that I did not buy the premium version yet (although I have bought, over the years, Arma 3 two times - second time just for some deluxe offline content since I missed the first deluxe offer - and have bough Arma 2 and Arma 1 plus CWA at least two or three times as well - in all the different packages like Arma X, Anniversary and whatever they were called :D and I am very much waiting for "Malden tourist package" like with Chernarus and Altis - the postcards and maps I mean)
  • Friends tab in server browser - any functionality yet? Tied to Steam friends like in A3? Does it work atm or is it just a planned feature or carry over from A3? Would be pretty nice if it worked (not that I have any Steam friends myself, though :D)
  • As a requested feature in A3, somewhat less important in Argo but nevertheless perhaps useful: ability to filter missions negatively, by using "-" (minus sign) or similar operator. I admit it is much more important in Arma (where one doesn't e.g. want to see the myriad of Life servers). Since it is tied to Steam I am not sure if that's even possible with Steam handling the server list, but still could be nice in Argo (and awesome in Arma for mentioned reasons) . In Argo, one could for example filter out Link servers, while still keeping Raid and Coop servers visible. In Arma, it would be of course much more useful.

9 hours ago, fraczek said:
  • Friends tab in server browser - any functionality yet? Tied to Steam friends like in A3? Does it work atm or is it just a planned feature or carry over from A3? Would be pretty nice if it worked (not that I have any Steam friends myself, though :D)

works same as in A3. You will see only those servers on that tab on which your friends are playing.