almanzo

Feedback Thread

There needs to be a tutorial explaining the different gamemodes and objectives. People often seem to think they have to cap the airdrop rather than the objectives.

12 minutes ago, SpacePilotMax said:

There needs to be a tutorial explaining the different gamemodes and objectives. People often seem to think they have to cap the airdrop rather than the objectives.

There is one.. in game.. if you click the scenarios, you have button there to play them..

I know the answer!  The opposing teams always look like an angry cookie monster!  (cough)

BTW I've looked around and not seen the button that points to support package purchases.  Is that in game only?  (I am at work.)

53 minutes ago, Seddrik said:

I know the answer!  The opposing teams always look like an angry cookie monster!  (cough)

BTW I've looked around and not seen the button that points to support package purchases.  Is that in game only?  (I am at work.)

It's in game if you try to use one of the DLC assets, or on Steam store it has it's own store page but it's linked to the base Argo one :)

2 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

you have button there to play them

This button should be made brighter. The human brain reacts through the eyes on contrast and movement. :shhh:

There is another version of uniforms. Disable camouflage. I assure, even in this case there will be "friendly fire".
And for:
One team dressed in bright red pantaloons and a helmet;
Another - bright blue socks and an undershirt.

Example of coloring. Who played Quake 3 Arena, he understands what I'm saying.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Seddrik said:

Just obscure levels.

If turn off display level of the players, then beginners will blame more experienced players in cheating.
Now it is possible watch, what levels players against other levels.

13 hours ago, urfinjuce said:

This button should be made brighter. The human brain reacts through the eyes on contrast and movement. :shhh:

We though about adding an actual main menu button saying "Tutorials" :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

We though about adding an actual main menu button saying "Tutorials" :)

I'd saythe matchmaking should be locked until one plays the tutorial for the rexpective gamemode, but it might be a bit too much.

I notice that every minute, Argo reset the date and time on the map to June 24, 2035 7:55 AM every time. I was attempting to use setDate to change to night time with moonlight, although after a minute, it will become daytime again. 

Would I just have to make a while loop to set the date every less than 1 minute to avoid the time change?

Every round it boils down to who has the best sonar.  Not the best skill.

I have some teammates who literally will not let you speak because they are listening/tracking by sound alone.  They don't need enemy spots or verbal reports.  They want you to literally say nothing.  Sonar is so perfect in this game that we don't need teamwork.  Just good headphones.  Not skill.  Just good headphones.

Sonar dominates this game.  

sonar+skill is more effective just only sonar :f:

i agree, sound positioning of Argo is perfect

Hi, in argo the is eden editor, which is awesome, but there is only 1 map and small amount of vehicles. I know in arma 3 there is eden editor too and its awesome, you can build your own house with own soldiers in it, and defend it against enemies, awesome.

But i dont like giving 33 Euros for arma 3 when i just want to use eden editor, so, the main question is: Will be there some future update or dlc which can give you more vehicles etc. to eden editor in  argo? 

Thanks for reply

17 minutes ago, erikcz said:

Hi, in argo the is eden editor, which is awesome, but there is only 1 map and small amount of vehicles. I know in arma 3 there is eden editor too and its awesome, you can build your own house with own soldiers in it, and defend it against enemies, awesome.

But i dont like giving 33 Euros for arma 3 when i just want to use eden editor, so, the main question is: Will be there some future update or dlc which can give you more vehicles etc. to eden editor in  argo? 

Thanks for reply

"Since Project Argo is a (standalone) total conversion of Arma 3, and given the intended scope of the project.... The majority of Project Argo's planned game content is already available, and most core game mechanics are considered nearly final" -- This was written in the FAQ some time ago, since the last update, all Asserts should be final.

Argo is intended as a light weight version of Arma and should not be a replacement for it.

Bonus idea form air drop for attacker in raid:  uav feed? 

Could you add a popup question: "do you want to punish the friendly fire?" when somebody dies by the teammates? Let the dead person decide that he wants to punish or not. It happened multiple times that i thrown a grenade and i shout to the von: "fire in the hole", but they run in and died. And then they said: "sry my bad",  but that doesn't matters, because you receive -1000 points, no matter what. ?

• Like 1

On 13/07/2017 at 6:34 PM, Phantom Six said:

I notice that every minute, Argo reset the date and time on the map to June 24, 2035 7:55 AM every time. I was attempting to use setDate to change to night time with moonlight, although after a minute, it will become daytime again. 

Would I just have to make a while loop to set the date every less than 1 minute to avoid the time change?

This is on purpose, we only allow the day time and this preset.

On 10/07/2017 at 4:35 PM, Lt.Master said:

About the LMG. I play with the LIM and to be honest it's too strong. You don't care about your ammo. So you just spray all the corners and when you know somewhere is behind a object you spray until you made your way around... You can finish with 13 kills without any death. That's why I ask to nerf the LMG. Reducing the amount of mag, or making the player slower. If you want the power of the suppressing fire you need something that slow you down. The mag capacity, the speed of the player or the noise.

About the money, for my case I have almost 500k. I know at the beginning you strongle to get the money. But after the level 10 (in my case again) that was not a problem anymore....

And for the airdrop in raid. I think the best way ( I see for now ) is to hide the teammates of the defender team for a couple of seconds on the gps. This is not a big modification but this will slow down the defender by creating fear of who is walking next by. being not able to know where is your friend could create teamkill.... By accident... Yeah just by writing this I start thinking that's not a good idea XD

Actually I'm lvl 16 and only I've been playing with LIM85 LMG since lvl 3 and later with silencer on LINK.
Seddrik may be right about the reliability of using DMR gun instead of LMG on CLASH mod considering the long range battles... But not that much when it is to be RAID or especially LINK mod.

Here's why I quote "Lt.Master": LIM are too efficient: 200 bullets, You can do 10 kill streak without reloading, and once you're having duel with an enemy he just can't get off his cover if you suppress fire every corners. It may not be a very powerfull guns, but its rate of fire and almost recoil less is deadly.

But even that, to put things into perspective, let us consider that and AKM or AK 12 already do a lot of damage and so against good players with AK12 I sometimes get trouble in duels: if we're fast together and accuraced, he might win by shooting less bullets than I do, so It may force me to headshot him first.
But, you see here are some details about guns who seems to be advantaged at first sight compared to another, but at least may found its "bête noire" (pete hate ?) on some occasions and contribute to have something more or less balanced at the end.

At least, I think DMR3 and all LMG should not be available with silencer. The first one is too deadly from long range side and gives advantage too much to campers, and the 2nd one is doing rampage on LINK to have the opportunity to be granted such "gift".
THOSE weapons may not be able to be LOUDLESS.

20 minutes ago, BuDDiovitcH said:

At least, I think DMR3 and all LMG should not be available with silencer. The first one is too deadly from long range side and gives advantage too much to campers, and the 2nd one is doing rampage on LINK to have the opportunity to be granted such "gift".
THOSE weapons may not be able to be LOUDLESS.

What problem? suppress DMR3-sniper by LMG while your teammate capture. In LINK you can take LIM too. In both cases  do not run around openly, bee careful. 

• Like 1

Please end the death cam.  Countless times this aids ghosting (dead people telling living people where the enemy is).  This negates skill, tactics, knowledge of terrain, etc.

• Like 2

People will always accuse others of cheating who beat them... every game, regardless of level.  

At my current level, I am constantly swarmed by low level players who jump on my team merely because of my level, assuming I can carry them all and who complain vociferously if you tire of carrying them and playing with people who are less likely to shoot you as an enemy. 

If the level ones would evenly distribute among the teams, it would not be so burdensome.  Obscuring the numbers would help.

Shhhh!  Don't talk!

I don't need skill when your 100 pound boots drum the ground even when you walk slow.

• Like 1

I like MG.  But just yesterday, I point blank opened up on a guy laying down 2 feet in front of me.  Count to 3.  That many shots.   What happened?  He one shot me with a sniper and survived.

Everyone one my team vocalized at how ridiculous this occasion was.  He SHOULD have been swiss cheese long before he fired a single shot.  He didn't even die... or have blood on his sleeves.

MG have more ammo, and can be great.  But they can also be a joke - accuracy wise.  You have to be aware of your tool's capabilities and limitations.  Use them to your advantage.  Save your 30 round reloads for when you close in and need to spray.  Or just one shot the MG-er while he sprays all around you (evidently that works too).

Another issue with some MGs (especially higher level ones) is that the position the gun is on your screen, it covers too much screen, especially when you add a scope.  I don't have that problem in RL for some reason... maybe its because I don't run with the gun & scope in front at almost chin level (cough).

3 hours ago, asys said:

What problem? suppress DMR3-sniper by LMG while your teammate capture. In LINK you can take LIM too. In both cases  do not run around openly, bee careful. 

Sorry for my bad english, I must not have been understood  correctly. :)

"LIM-85" is a kind of very efficient LMG with almost no recoil and that is already doing rampage/slaughtering/ kill streak on LINK mod. It's too efficiency, and it doesn't need to have a "silencer" item to make it even more deadly. This point of view is especially about LINK mod, because of short range battle.
But you're right, I can take LIM85 weapon as well, and this is exactly what I'm doing all the tim: because of its efficiency.

Some players here think, and so do I,that it might be a "problem"...because of those features I talked about just before and make this weapon (lim85) too much efficient. It "outclass" the other weapon.

The argument goes the same for CLASH mod with DMR3 silencer, with a weapon like SPAR 16 (the long range with higher calibre) can kill with almost one shot or two. A sniper can easily kill somebody from far distance without behind heard so it might take a time for the opponent to know where the shot come from. This is also mean your supressing fire, considering you finally know where is the guy who shot you from, may be pointless against a sniper 400 meters away.

It's not really a problem of having sniper or LMG in the game, the problem is that silencer equipement should not be available for weapon like LIM 85  or spar- 16 dmr 3 in order to improve balancement between wepon uses, and gameplay diversity.
Well, this is actually what we think about it.

Other players may not care about it and they may be right, if we look to the past it never has been a priority...
Some examples: OFP (Operation Flashpoint from Bohemia& codemaster) with G36 weapon (one shot kill), the M249 in Armed Assault (no recoil), G36/AK in ArmA II,and so on...

• Like 1