almanzo

Feedback Thread

Something I (and those I play with) see commonly is team stacking.

You get in a server, join a team and EVERY ONE rushes to join the team because you have a higher level.  I have literally sat in the lobby where people refused to fill the opposing team.  

Also, I frequently play with 3+ friends and it is hard for us to be able to play together because people so quickly join our side due to our levels.

OR the reverse... if we go to an empty/low population server... people log in, see our levels and immediately leave.  Repeatedly.

Hide the player level from display?  Or at least hide it after level 5?  or make it optional to display?

• Like 2

I... think you agreed with my point that uniforms need to be more visibly distinct and set so that no matter what side you play there is not the confusion and constant switching (am I long or short sleeve now???  is that armored guy on my team or not??).

Its not just low level players.  I play with guys all in the late teens to 20s.  It happens to us and we are not trying to be careless.  This game's current setup lends itself to this issue.

Anyway, the GPS (minimap) does not always display consistently players.  I have seen people, checked mine, NOT seen a friendly marker, and shot them... only to find it was a friendly.

Not only that but when they are right on your position, it is hard to see if their marker is there on the minimap due to overlap with your own.  There do not seem to be any controls for zooming the minimap.  Not that you always have time to fiddle with it like that

I agree ! It's pretty funny when you are a high level to play the little game of switching side at the last second to play against almost everybody XD

Hide levels and only be able to see the level of everybody only at the end maybe ?

"all the LMG should have only one mag ( and not 3 ). It's to much easy to spray and pray everyone."

I like the MG.  But I do not play them because by far they are not the best weapon right now (and costs a lot to change back and forth in load outs).  Playing a MG with only one mag?  Uhhhhh what would be the point?  May as well make snipers have only one mag for the same reason.  Snipers are WAY more effective as it currently stands...

"When using a LMG or a DMR III the player should be slower or louder.  If he's slower this could lead to less Yolo LMG. If he's louder this could help the other players to pre aim at the correct position"

You mean people tracking enemy movement 50-100 feet away by sound alone through walls right now is not enough?  I see this all the time.  Step volume needs to be drastically reduced.  The distance at which it is heard when crouch walking, and the distance at which running can even be heard... is too great.

I want to pit player skill vs player skill.  Sonar tracking = you may as well plays a red dot on the map where people are.

"Teamkill at the 10-20 first seconds of a round should auto kick the killer and let the victim respawn without counting his death in the scoreboard."

I very much agree with this.  I have had low level players shoot me at spawn just to take my gun.

"You gain to much credits for a end game player"

Uh no.  You can gain money by not spending it... not changing load outs etc.  But if you change loadouts yuo quickly run out of money.  It is cost prohibitive.

"In raid, the airdrop reward of the attacker is not a big deal. ...However you can get the knowledge of his position pretty fast without the airdrop. Why not give a reward for the attacker to help to found the ennemy on the map ( like 5 sec max and only 1/2 of them ) or just the defender can't the their teammates on the gps for 20-30 sec. ( a lot of people use the gps to know if it's a friendly running )."

No.  No radars.  Please.  Just no.  Leave it player skill vs player skill.

2 minutes ago, Seddrik said:

"all the LMG should have only one mag ( and not 3 ). It's to much easy to spray and pray everyone."

I like the MG.  But I do not play them because by far they are not the best weapon right now (and costs a lot to change back and forth in load outs).  Playing a MG with only one mag?  Uhhhhh what would be the point?  May as well make snipers have only one mag for the same reason.  Snipers are WAY more effective as it currently stands...

"When using a LMG or a DMR III the player should be slower or louder.  If he's slower this could lead to less Yolo LMG. If he's louder this could help the other players to pre aim at the correct position"

You mean people tracking enemy movement 50-100 feet away by sound alone through walls right now is not enough?  I see this all the time.  Step volume needs to be drastically reduced.  The distance at which it is heard when crouch walking, and the distance at which running can even be heard... is too great.

I want to pit player skill vs player skill.  Sonar tracking = you may as well plays a red dot on the map where people are.

"Teamkill at the 10-20 first seconds of a round should auto kick the killer and let the victim respawn without counting his death in the scoreboard."

I very much agree with this.  I have had low level players shoot me at spawn just to take my gun.

"You gain to much credits for a end game player"

Uh no.  You can gain money by not spending it... not changing load outs etc.  But if you change loadouts yuo quickly run out of money.  It is cost prohibitive.

"In raid, the airdrop reward of the attacker is not a big deal. ...However you can get the knowledge of his position pretty fast without the airdrop. Why not give a reward for the attacker to help to found the ennemy on the map ( like 5 sec max and only 1/2 of them ) or just the defender can't the their teammates on the gps for 20-30 sec. ( a lot of people use the gps to know if it's a friendly running )."

No.  No radars.  Please.  Just no.  Leave it player skill vs player skill.

About the LMG. I play with the LIM and to be honest it's too strong. You don't care about your ammo. So you just spray all the corners and when you know somewhere is behind a object you spray until you made your way around... You can finish with 13 kills without any death. That's why I ask to nerf the LMG. Reducing the amount of mag, or making the player slower. If you want the power of the suppressing fire you need something that slow you down. The mag capacity, the speed of the player or the noise.

About the money, for my case I have almost 500k. I know at the beginning you strongle to get the money. But after the level 10 (in my case again) that was not a problem anymore....

And for the airdrop in raid. I think the best way ( I see for now ) is to hide the teammates of the defender team for a couple of seconds on the gps. This is not a big modification but this will slow down the defender by creating fear of who is walking next by. being not able to know where is your friend could create teamkill.... By accident... Yeah just by writing this I start thinking that's not a good idea XD

• Like 1

Yes, the uniforms need to be more visibly distinct and the green one has advantage in the florest scenario... Devs have to do something about that!

It is important that one team does not have less effective camouflage just to be distinct. As far as I can tell the uniforms work okay, as it was never that easy in Arma. However, body armor and some helmets can sometimes be very confusing.

Team killer is me! Damn the accessories and their colors, they get me confused!!! Here's an example: we were Clouds (blueish) and some bloke chose a brownish west with a lots of pockets..get me, torso more brownish than blueish so I kept dropping him.

The joke is on me, certainly, but couldn't there be a color shift for various vests and backpacks in the colour of the team? Your same vest is towards blue if Clouds and towards beige if  with the others. You'd look the same but gain less friendly fire (what looks ok in one team does not in the other team)

Or, perhaps restrict items to some teams? I don't imagine the gov guys wearing a mexicano bandoulier or arab scarf

Hence my post about what the player sees on friendlies vs enemies.  if you make the enemies always look one way and friendlies always look another, then this cuts down a lot on the confusion.

Between similarities in uniforms AND constantly switching teams...

I understand your purpose in having premium servers.  You have a right to make money.  But this segregates the population.

If you the add to it the (as I understand it) intended level distinctions - you will have even more of a divided population.

Just a concern that too much division of the player base will be detrimental.

Easiest way would be to have a sign over guys in your team. It works fine in other titles where you wouldn't believe how the armor/uniforms look. Not too realistic though. Hm.

8 hours ago, Seddrik said:

I understand your purpose in having premium servers.  You have a right to make money.  But this segregates the population.

If you the add to it the (as I understand it) intended level distinctions - you will have even more of a divided population.

Just a concern that too much division of the player base will be detrimental.

Most of the players even those who own the Supporter's pack are playing on basic servers, so no I don't believe that this is happening :)

+1 with Seddrik, there seems to be so much players who just care about winning at all cost instead of playing fairly.

I also play with a mate and even as being 2 "high" levels in the same team, some signle and high player still join our team instead of balancing the game.

hiding lvls after 5 in-game shall be a good option, perhaps it will reduce unbalancing game abuse.

4 hours ago, BuDDiovitcH said:

+1 with Seddrik, there seems to be so much players who just care about winning at all cost instead of playing fairly.

I also play with a mate and even as being 2 "high" levels in the same team, some signle and high player still join our team instead of balancing the game.

hiding lvls after 5 in-game shall be a good option, perhaps it will reduce unbalancing game abuse.

It's still an abuse, because if you hide your level you are at least 5 lvl or more... There will be a team of hidding levels vs level 1 team! :D

I have seen times where 3-4 pays servers were busy and 3 or less public servers were active (full).

Just reminds me of another game I played for years that segregated the player base repeatedly to the point where it eventually took 10-20 minutes to get a "match" just to start.  Just don't want to go there again.

The Uniforms are a little bit close, especially when someone has been shot, and has blood on the arm's, but as urfinjuce, said, play in an Easy server then your team has an arrow above his head, but it still doesn't stop team kills :-(

marty1.png

Yes, you're right...it was my second thought and indeed, it may do the same proportionaly on smaller scale ^^.

I think the most important setting that could be added to deal with the unfair unbalancing game at first is to set up a classic auto-balance: if 2vs4, the game prevent you to join the team composed of 4 players and only give you the choice to join the team of 2 players.

Honestly I don't think this is an issue right now, I hardly can see more than 10 players playing on premium servers...

I've got "supporter pack" and I still play public server because this is where I find 99% of the player community.
Still, recently I've just had the opportunity to play on a premium and the good thing is that those who play on premium are most of the times high level.

Premium servers are not a problem right now, believe me.

This game is quickly becoming one of my fav's.

There are 2 things that need 2 change tho for me to make this into one of my main games.

Balance: 90% of games end up being a bunch of high lvl players intentionally grouping up vs 5(or less) guests or low lvl players.
This takes all the fun out of the game. It either gives you no challenge or no chance in hell to compete.

Group play: Ppl don't know how  and what to capture (or only care about there K/D).
This ends up being frustrating for ppl who know what to do and even more so for the ppl that come in as a guest and get yelled at for not having any id what's going on.

Probably you time of day is affecting your evaluation.  I have a day off during the week and on the week end.  Week days show times when premium servers can be populated while public isn't.  I understand that is generally a less polulated time but it does limit player availability.

I've purchased Flash point to Arma 3 (and spent a lot on other games).  Argo is not yet at a point I am willing to invest in for various reasons (incredibly accurate sonar location - cough).

Eh.   I have seen people wait in lobby until the other team fills some and then they stack the already more populous/leveled team.

The simplest solution is generally the best.  Just obscure levels.

• Like 1

Easy servers definitely do not stop team kills.

You do not always have time to eyeball the minimap or when fired upon you react... to find it was a friendly... etc.

Uniforms are just too similar.

Perhaps the uniforms need changing, however i personally haven't had the issue. But i tend to play Argo with my squad mates using teamspeak.