almanzo

Feedback Thread

Some positive feed back just a shout out to the devs and mods trolling around the forums its great to get feed back on our post and keep up to date with a ever progressing game.

• Like 1

On 2017-7-1 at 6:34 PM, PuFu said:

lol, it isn't a lie, i manage to get under 10 TK so far, and i'm level 16. sure, i don't really play raid, much less link = none at all, mostly clash, and out of these 10 TKs, around 5-6 are cross fire related. 

same for me, Iam level 17 now. Sometimes I dont even shoot an enemy because I am not sure if its a teamate.

On 2017-6-29 at 6:01 PM, DeadDylan said:

you guys do have to admit, sometimes in close quarters, we all aim at enemies, and a team member runs in front of you, normallly by accident, but then it just makes me angry because i literally worked half the game for those points and lost them all.

i think, this might be the best idea : just lower the points taken away. 

the reason i say that is because everyones just trying to unlock the better, newer guns and if we cant lvl up because every game is a teamkill, it just ruins the fun. imo

i dont see any harm in making the points for teamkilling lower, 90% of the time its on accident anyways, do you get punished when it was an accident. (not really)

leaving it will only, make people lvl up faster, be most irritated, and etc. 

what ive noticed is everyone has there own opinion, which i guess makes the world a better place, but please dont sit here and type and say you play 20 games without teamkilling, thats a lie. im lvl 6 and my whole time playing ive killed probably 100 teammates, all by accident. JUST imagine what lvl i would be if i didnt lose all those points.

I dont think that, because I lost a few games because I got teamkilled (especially when you are slow as F*** because you use an LMG and you disrupt enemy link number 2 and you get teamkilled there, it is a huge blow for you team....) Maybe they should lower the penalty for lower levels, but maybe at level 4-5 it should be -500xp again. The learning effect is just a bunch higher when the penalty is so strong.

And as I mentioned earlyer, the teamkill penalty should be 0 when teamkilling a teamate that shots you first (teamkilling out of reaction ...)

3 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

3) We are looking into guest players who often cause issues.

Please, create the separate (distinct) server for guests. They are connected to a game for acquaintance (trial), but not for team game.

1 minute ago, urfinjuce said:

Please, create the separate (distinct) server for guests. They are connected to a game for acquaintance (trial), but not for team game.

This will further separate the player base, and we don't want that.

3 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Not planned :)

well then dont plan to expand the game if you only have 1 good game mode imo.

not everyone likes to play team based modes

link is alright, raid is just campers going prone waiting for the enemy to come close (normally camping in a house) aka boring for both sides.

clash is same thing as raid but bigger.

#makeateamdeathmatchlol

11 minutes ago, DeadDylan said:

link is alright, raid is just campers going prone waiting for the enemy to come close (normally camping in a house) aka boring for both sides.

#makeateamdeathmatchlol

The game modes are very different from each other and each has it's own specific gameplay, deathmatch is not aligned with vision of Argo and therefore we will focus on the current modes.

• Like 2

Hi, can you pls remove team tickets, and increase time of a round in Link (then more rewards after a longer match than before)? Cus everytime i detect a sniper far away, it will take time to take down him, i have to find a long way to get out of his sight, then i have to find his position and kill him, this process takes alot of time, and if i don't do so, my team will get killed all the time they try to cap a point (especially point 2 in Link). Or atleast, make a sign so that we can detect a sniper. Argo is is a fast pace game, not like arma 3, we have much more time limited

16 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

This will further separate the player base, and we don't want that.

Is it technical difficulties? The guest - is a guest. He came to get acquainted with the game.
In reality, it turns out that they interfere with playing other players.

Dude, this is a tactical team-based game.

Do you go into RPG release forums and bitch about their total lack of guns, and then about how their game will fail because they refuse to expand to the whims of every possible customer?  It's the same damn logic that you're using here, and it's stupid as hell. 

You've got 3 options:

1. Play this game for what it is.  Enjoy it.  It's free. 

2. Create or wait for the community created gamemode you want to play.

3. Go play a deathmatch game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadDylan said:

#makeateamdeathmatchlol

If you really think about it there is nothing wrong with what you refer to as "camping" in arma. Sitting at the same location for hours is normal. I haven't ever heard an American come back from Afghanistan and be pissed off at "campers". Arma is more of a tactical and slow game. Argo came around to introduce a teambased gamemode which in my opinion should have been part of arma 3. Which definately is cool but I still prefer the Arma units that do Milsim operations. You could try King of the Hill if you want a TDM like gamemode or even better a game dedicated to TDM.

31 minutes ago, RSF-TheCapulet said:

Do you go into RPG release forums and bitch about their total lack of guns, and then about how their game will fail because they refuse to expand to the whims of every possible customer?  It's the same damn logic that you're using here, and it's stupid as hell. 

You've got 3 options:

Oi, watch the language.

2 hours ago, DeadDylan said:

#makeateamdeathmatchlol

I am not sure how you can complain when Argo is free.

Also its not camping, its using the terrain to offer a tactical advantage :f:

8 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

Arma is more of a tactical and slow game. Argo came around to introduce a teambased gamemode which in my opinion should have been part of arma 3.

Argo did introduce some interesting game-modes, but there are some of us have been playing these sort of game-modes since OFP era. My PvP group plays these sort of maps, but all intended for bigger number of players like 10 vs 10. :happy:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RSF-TheCapulet said:

You've got 3 options:

why so butthurt bro? i never seen people get so mad over just wanting an extra mode for everyone to play lmao.

2 minutes ago, DeadDylan said:

why so butthurt bro? i never seen people get so mad over just wanting an extra mode for everyone to play lmao.

I already warned him.

9 hours ago, PuFu said:

vote kick works for me just fine. it needs 70% of the players to vote it though which can be a bit too much...

there is also an autokick for killing more than 2 people per round.

Source on the 70%? I've seen the entire lobby vote kick someone and nothing happen as I said. Also people regularly kill more than 2 teammates per round, I've observed no auto kick. Can you point to me any official word on these things?

17 minutes ago, germanske_norge said:

Source on the 70%? 

developers on discord

Posted this in a standalone thread a few days ago before I realized this thread is still active.

It appears the hitboxes of the models are a few inches narrower then their visual models making players seem to be more resilient than they truely are. Here is a short clip for example of be trying to hit the edge of a player's torso hitbox with a pistol.

https://streamable.com/ 

5 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

I already warned him.

I LIKE YOU :)

I'm just wondering why Bi wouldn't abandoned the poor project Argo in order to mobilize this "manpower" onto Arma's old bugs/old wanted features?  Nan, it's a joke!

8 hours ago, DeadDylan said:

I LIKE YOU :)

Well not many people do lol. It's my job to warn him afterall :D

10 hours ago, pierremgi said:

I'm just wondering why Bi wouldn't abandoned the poor project Argo in order to mobilize this "manpower" onto Arma's old bugs/old wanted features?  Nan, it's a joke!

During the development of Argo quite a few Arma bugs were fixed actually :)

the reset costs are way to high. I switch from level 3 to level 2 to level 4 scopes, reseting tree alone costs more than 100k while the weapon I use costs only 80k...

I mean hey I "try" the ak12 UGL costs 128k + 30kish reset costs, use it like for 1 hour just to see that its not accurate enough in comparison to magazine size, so many credits gone only because of skill tree resets.

Skill tree reset costs are like 50% of my global credit uses....

Why are the costs so high on higher level? I mean you dont get more credits on higher level.... From 1 game to another the reset costs increase by a few hundred credits more.

Iam level 18 and actually a bit frustrated about theses costs since about level 13ish.

I already had 300k credits, then I got T2 vest and all was gone, and now I dont even use it. There is no room for testing with such crazy amount of wasted credits

I actually reset my skill tree as soon as possible just because I want to try stuff that I already own, but in a different way.

edit: now I want to try out dmr 1 but hey, the reset costs are over 40k while the dmr costs only 34k this is just insane.

Bit of balancing feedback: like in Arma 3, SPAR-16 handles more like an SMG than a rifle but stil has the power of 5.56 and the SPMG seems to be essentially the SPAR but more accurate and with a gigantic mag.

Seems like DMR 1 is the first serious weapon for any play-style (Sniper to CQC).  Due to its accuracy and power and scope options, it stands alone in comparison to how fast a person drops with other weapons or equal or lesser level.  Among the other weapons of equal or lower level, what is better is sometimes oddly... unpredictable.  I am very analytical in my approach to things.  I will take every weapon I use and see how it works in all sorts of situations - CQC, mid-range and long range.  Different fire modes... with or without bipod, diff scopes, etc.  

I don't mind the ability to have specialized play styles and different roles.  But as it is, I think anyone who knows what they are doing will gravitate to a very few select guns/roles.  Some (like me) will play other guns and roles.  I get bored doing just one thing; even if it is the more powerful, easier to kill with option.  : P