almanzo

Feedback Thread

On 19/12/2016 at 0:15 PM, Ben316 said:

If you want to BOT bash you play arma. Want PVP you play argo. 

Arma is rubbish, install just the base game like you would had you just bought from steam and then try find a server to play on... Its impossible.

I re-installed the game within the last week and every time i try enter a server xyz mod is needed in order to play. Its like it became to complex and the base game is only a small % of what you really need to play the game. Would not be so bad if everything auto downloaded and installed but it dont do this.

This is why SQUADs cleaning up right now. 

Just join EUTW servers.

http://www.eutw.net/

Right now is the more arma PVP game mode available that don't need thousand of Gbs of mods.

On 30/11/2016 at 4:33 PM, Greenfist said:

Were you also too lazy the read what this prototype is about? Welcome to project Argo

tl;dr Project Argo is not their next game, it's a research project.

I have just re-read this reply... and have made laugh... Project Argo wasn't a game he said.

9 minutes ago, esfumato said:

I have just re-read this reply... and have made laugh... Project Argo wasn't a game he said.

I think you should read some more then. While their plan all along probably was to eventually release it as a game, considering the EU funding and all, we didn't know it back then when I posted that comment. In fact, at the time, they clearly said they hadn't decided on that yet.

So if you find your 20/20 hindsight funny, go ahead, have your laugh with it.

1 minute ago, Greenfist said:

I think you should read some more then. While their plan all along probably was to eventually release it as a game, considering the EU funding and all, we didn't know it back then when I posted that comment. In fact, at the time, they clearly said they hadn't decided on that yet.

So if you find your 20/20 hindsight funny, go ahead, have your laugh with it.

It was so obvious that argo was going to end being a game that had made laugh. Also calling me lazy for not reading the link you had provided, that already had read at that time.

You have just received what you deserve. A total karma.

And I still have the opinion that Argo is not going to bring new players to arma. More than the creation of Malden terrain and that meta data, the players data base that can be ported to arma or day Z. Argo is not going to give anything else.

Just don't let my pessimism to give BIS a feeling that I am being unpolite. It's just my pessimistic opinion.

in a game like Argo there is no need for a inventory the modes.

On vaulting, there isn't need to to vault on any of the maps you can run over most the smallish walls and the big ones have gaps in the maps like this are designed to funnel the players into combat zones so the gameplay doesn't get too slow or boring.

Regards to medical I feel it is to rewarding on player mistakes if you mess up or are tagged magically fixing it is un faire, If meds where in I generally wouldn't get any deaths in a game I rarely get over 7 deaths if I had meds it would be allot lower. Consider this im running a 7.62 LMG plus body armour my kill time is 1-2 rounds with 150 round of link plus it now take the say extra 2-3 rounds to kill me and that's with a good weapon because of body armour. if you add meds I can now have a high kill rate whilst negating damage and heal back any damage from the fight I just had it would be too broken

This is just my opinion from playing beta an almost 80 hours of full gameplay across all modes

I was actually referring to the dev saying: " Project Argo is way for us to test our multiplayer FPS design, learn new things, gather feedback and grow as developers. Project Argo is also part of Bohemia Incubator, platform for experimental games which might never make it to the actual release. "

But yeah, I guess it was obvious, but definitely not a certainty based on public facts back then.

I'm absolutely sure Argo will bring new players to Arma. I mean 1.2 million people have already tried it, there must plenty of newcomers among them who got interested in Arma too.

9 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

I was actually referring to the dev saying: " Project Argo is way for us to test our multiplayer FPS design, learn new things, gather feedback and grow as developers. Project Argo is also part of Bohemia Incubator, platform for experimental games which might never make it to the actual release. "

But yeah, I guess it was obvious, but definitely not a certainty based on public facts back then.

Ok peace. I just had my 15 seconds vengance.:drinking2:

The thing is, that in my opinion ARGO have the goal to promote the other BIS games. If you like the 5 vs 5 gamplay of argo, why don't you go and try Arma or Day Z ?¿.

Mantaining several servers of 10 players I suppose is cheaper than sponsoring the game industry magazines. I suppose you know that companies have to pay to have all those "game of the year" and 10 points ratings at the games websites.

Look this. "sponsored by Bohemia Interactive Software." at the end.

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-deep-dive-into-the-new-arma-3-apex-release/

So that was my point. Using Argo to bring "fast paced shooter players" into Dayz and Arma is not going to work. And as a single game with its own revenue I think that is not going to succes either.

Using a 60 square km terrain to play in small maps is a huge waste of resources.

And for me, I just unistalled Argo when it was gold. So i am finished with the Argo thing.

Also,... The thing that bothers me, is that BIS have said several times that they have scarce resources... for example, to do Tank interiors, and then, they use plenty of energy with project Argo. That as maybe BIS don't have certainty of doing a free to play game. So they did this mix of ARGO and use resources to Arma 3.

Also why isn't ARGO game modes available in Arma 3?

the problem wit alternate weather is not only do you have to re do the maps to support the new weather it also make balance harder night is the easiest one to input but sadly they are leaving tht type of gameplay to arma3

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, akira baadakku said:

Yeah, I see your point. Actually when you begin the game you have to face enemy with better equippment. It's a bit hard on the start, but once you get your first rifles assault it's far better, even though the same may happen after when players get even bigger ones (kevlars and stuff ?? Still wonder if he gives you better defence and life points, I haven't experienced yet).

Putting a balance systeme based on differents soldiers equippement would be great (such the one as in "War Thunder").

Still, I think we aren't enough players to make such an autobalance system being really efficient so far.

I agree there dose need to be some kind of balance they also need to input a way to have multiple class set ups I run a 7.62 LMG and amour in link but I use a 8x and DMR in clash its a pain swapping.

the body armour dose make a difference at higher levels also

The weapon sway after full sprint would also be very punishing to newer players from other FPS games.

Argo is a HC shooter but isn't a Full realism game that's why the damage number and the puller pen has all been altered.

This type of play will be left to the Arma franchise

Myself and others in the community I have spoken to where also about a engine swap at some point in time

12 hours ago, lifelonghalo said:

Here's some feedback. Fix North spawn for attackers on airfield hangars. Bullshit shooting gallery from the tank, seriously. It's free kills every single game and I'm tired of morons spawning there and getting instantly mowed down costing us the game EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Any video or screenshot?:)

On 30/06/2017 at 7:07 PM, astus said:

Hello dev team.

Some feedback from me:

• airdrop in clash is spawns too soon. Clash should be more slow and large area oriented but because of airdrop spawning after 2 mins, that makes both sides rush for it, completely ignoring main objective. Airdrop have big influence over this mode, it's not bad idea but imho airdrop should spawn on last 3/4 min. That would give attackers better chance to coordinate their actions and makes them less encouraged to rush to point in first 2 min with option to respawn via airdrop. (now, it's in many cases just flooding defenders with attackers).
  • dunno if this is bug or feature but if you take someone weapon, then you have only mag that is in weapon. There should be the way to rearm at corpse like in Arma.(With option to take enemy grenades etc.)
  • buying eq without need to exit the server would be nice, but could be impossible because of engine limits. 
  • Shooting range needs some upgrade. There should be more variety of targets, distance indicator to the target , moving targets, wider distance targets etc. Also some materials to test weapon penetration would be nice.
  • I would like to use binoculars. Most of the players may not recognized lack of binoculars, but for me it's basic tool for terrain recognition.
  • I know every game this days needs levelling system(especially f2p), but in tactical shooter its very annoying to have grind right tool to the job. This is not giving anything to the players, but makes new players have hard time to compete with high lvl players. I would even pay 2-5 Euro to unlock all weapons, just to play for fun instead of grinding for hours with tier 1 weapon. Maybe give players option to rent weapon for match or something.
  • Variety of weapons is not bad, but i would like to see some shotguns. I know there is no official shotgun released by BI, but it's 100% possible to make one in Arma. There are excellent close/mid range weapons. I know many ppl will take them as OP, but in "hardcore" tactical shooter that shouldn't by a problem.
  • Stance indicator would be nice. In most situations player position is easy to read but sometimes indicator could help a lot.
  • In normal difficulty, there should be some way to show name indicator or something. Only way to distinguish friends in the team is by headwear. This is kinda annoying.
  • Commentators are very annoying. There should be option to silence them or pick some more neutral tone. (that woman makes me cringe every time).

That's all for now.

1) Interesting idea, we will look into it.

2) Feature, you can then re-arm on the dead body.

3) You are right, this will most likely not be possible.

4) Sounds like a good idea, we will work on polishing the core game now and then look into new features.

5) The fights should be close quarters, binoculars are therefore not part of it.

6) This is quite subjective as we also had people telling us that predefined loadouts are boring and they want to choose.

7) Shotguns are out of scope due to technical limitations.

8) They should be in easy difficulty now, it was a bug,

9) This is strictly for Easy mode, they are not in normal as it is meant to be harder.

10) We are investigating an option to lower the volume, but we will not allow players to mute them completely as they provide valuable info in Normal mode where there is little to no HUD.

1 hour ago, mighty_aln said:

Myself and others in the community I have spoken to where also about a engine swap at some point in time

No engine swap planned so far.

• Like 2

On 27/06/2017 at 8:33 AM, hunterthewolf said:

id like to see more stuff in these areas

Factions:

we need all the flame and cloud vechs

editor:

please for the love of if we have arma 3 let us use the default editor but with the stuff in argo this way we can use the editor we love to make mission we will love to make

also can you allow custom gamemodes so say I want to make a world war for argo if I have both arma 3 and supporter then I should be able to do such like combat patrol but with it being customized missions not randomized

base gameplay:

climbing and vaulting

: I got to say I was shocked that we didn't even get the basic arma 3 vaulting over tiny walls

also 1 other question why hasint arma 3 gotten a overhaul people have made mods cant you just grab those people ask them if they would like to be paid like some money and their name in the game

also inventory system

its so basic but without being able to see it it can sometimes be hard to play

also can we get the ability to get inventory changer mods so if I say want a detailed inventory like escape from tarkov I can do so please id like this in both games arma 3 and argo

medical crates to grab first aid kits

Faction: No plans for that as Argo is mostly focused on infantry.

Editor: Argo has only a cut down version of Editor and will remain that way, Arma is way to go to create bug missions and mods.

Gameplay: Climbing and vaulting is not aligned with vision of Argo and would break the carefully balanced levels.

Inventory: Is not needed in Argo as you should be playing for rather short time with the equip you have.

Medical: Not planned, does not make sense in Argo for us. In Combat Patrol you can be revived.

3 hours ago, esfumato said:

Ok peace. I just had my 15 seconds vengance.:drinking2:

The thing is, that in my opinion ARGO have the goal to promote the other BIS games. If you like the 5 vs 5 gamplay of argo, why don't you go and try Arma or Day Z ?¿.

Mantaining several servers of 10 players I suppose is cheaper than sponsoring the game industry magazines. I suppose you know that companies have to pay to have all those "game of the year" and 10 points ratings at the games websites.

Look this. "sponsored by Bohemia Interactive Software." at the end.

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-deep-dive-into-the-new-arma-3-apex-release/

So that was my point. Using Argo to bring "fast paced shooter players" into Dayz and Arma is not going to work. And as a single game with its own revenue I think that is not going to succes either.

Using a 60 square km terrain to play in small maps is a huge waste of resources.

And for me, I just unistalled Argo when it was gold. So i am finished with the Argo thing.

Also,... The thing that bothers me, is that BIS have said several times that they have scarce resources... for example, to do Tank interiors, and then, they use plenty of energy with project Argo. That as maybe BIS don't have certainty of doing a free to play game. So they did this mix of ARGO and use resources to Arma 3.

Also why isn't ARGO game modes available in Arma 3?

To address your arguments:

Tank interriors - I am sorry, but I am afraid the Level designers and scripters aren't that good in 3D modelling, but we will try if you really want to see it :)

The resources are being given to projects very carefully, no worries :)

• Like 1

On 01/07/2017 at 6:12 PM, DeadDylan said:

Whoever makes the game modes needs to incorporate TeamDeathMatch and heres why:

Every mode is team based.

When modes are team based, it only works when theres actually a fair advantage.

When i join games and its 5v2 or 5v3 or even 5v4 we are at a horrid disadvantage, even with teamwork it doesnt work.

Make a team death match, anyone who agrees just reply with yes.

Not planned :)

• Like 3

17 hours ago, c0leNH said:

Argo should add a competitive game mode just like rainbow and CSGO have, I believe it would get many more players active. tell me what you guys think

I believe the game is pretty competitive now, you can see your rank on Leaderboards :)

On 01/07/2017 at 8:37 PM, SpacePilotMax said:

There currently is no way to deal with a troll. What we need is a mute and a kick function.

To address all of the above:

1) We are working on reporting system.

2) We are working on improving the kicking system

3) We are looking into guest players who often cause issues.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2017 at 1:34 PM, ITokyYourCookie said:

I believe the game is pretty competitive now, you can see your rank on Leaderboards :)

it is but it isn't...

higher ranked people have access to better weapons and scopes, more armor, grenades etc. No matter of individual skill of a particular player, a highly ranked player will do sufficient damage on his own against lower level people to turn the tides of a game. remember one individual represents 20% of the team.

ie: i'm level 17 now, and since there is no real matchmaking going on, i am able to put that mk18 to good use against a lower level team (under level 10 for instance) = i am able to easily score a minimum of 3 kills per round, which represents 60% of the enemy forces. People who are level 3-8 stand really no chance against someone who was able to unlock a powerful assault rifle, lmg or dmr and eventually a lvl1 armor. 

Most of the times i try to play against a team who has at least one higher level player to level things out, but that is not necessarily possible. I have also encountered groups of high level players that team up against much lower level players (17-20-21-15-19 clan vs 5-3-2-6-1 random people).

Also, as a general question, i still don't get why you get more XP when you play from the start of the game rather than playing from a certain point on, especially because since in 90% of the cases you will join a in progress game, and 60%+ of the players will disconnect once a game is done

Ideally - there would be a competitive gamemode that levels all that XP = everyone has access to the same exact gear no matter of the individual rank.

IE:
530700_20170704124115_1.png

• Like 2

On 7/1/2017 at 9:37 PM, SpacePilotMax said:

There currently is no way to deal with a troll. What we need is a mute and a kick function.

there is a mute function that works just fine. I use it pretty often to protect myself from wankers, or when people consider is nice to keep talking unrelated stuff while i wanna hear some steps. Same goes for people who consider russian is a internationally spoken language.

18 hours ago, germanske_norge said:

The vote kick function doesn't work, we've had an entire game lobby all vote to kick a single player and nothing happened. That player then went on to accrue over -2000 points in Link teamkilling people before finally leaving. There's no way to kick them, there's no automatic kick for team killing x amount of people, and no one is willing to gain the harsh negative points penalty from killing the griefer. 

vote kick works for me just fine. it needs 70% of the players to vote it though which can be a bit too much...

there is also an autokick for killing more than 2 people per round.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is argo or a steam issue.  I willbe running (holding shift) and try to glance at the player list (press P) and the Shift + p pulls up some menu that will not go away upon release.  I have to move my mouse (which no longer steers my character) and X it off.

Sprinting is already limited to short bits... and gear differences make some guns almost useless in a fast draw situation.  Some guns one shot while others (even of higher caliber) take multiple shots.

Adding shake... meh.  Training compensates for adrenaline and shakiness.  Hitting a target repeatedly isn't hard if you train for movement.  I would rather not have my character forced to be a newbie forever.

Operation Flashpoint - a mod called MFCTI was a total blast.  It used the arma engine and open map, but in a somewhat faster paced setting.

Not saying we need to command AI squads and such like that mod had, but the team effort of capturing zones is somewhat involved in Argo.  It was not sectioned off / focused on one zone at a time, but the whole map was open and zones were attacked as the players saw fit.

Lot of fun times there.