almanzo

Feedback Thread

On 6/27/2017 at 5:41 AM, NotYetIdentified said:

Unfortunately it's true, the punishment is way too harsh and it's not about how easy or hard it is to teamkill. The problem is clear when you take into consideration the following:

1. Slow progression system.

2. Rather incorrectly designed progression system coupled with how "matchmaking" works.

To expand on the above:

1. Currently every next lvl takes quite a lot of exp, take into account that the exp rewards from games are close to nothing for the loosing team. Then for every next unlock you need more and more skill points. 

2. Why it's incorrectly designed? Well, right now it's rare to play a game without any "higher" lvls. There isn't enough players and on top of that someone can always join though a server browser. Then take into consideration that the progression is pretty clear: every next weapon / gear tier is just plain better. It's not different (better in some aspect, worse in some) it's just better. Thus it creates the situation where new players are not only beginners without understanding of the game but also have no access to competitive gear and are facing experienced players with high tier unlocks. To make matter worse, players have quite a natural tendency to "want to win", so high lvl players tend to assign themselves into the same team - part of a "matchmaking" problem. I'm putting the word "matchmaking" into quotation because I don't really think you can even call it "matchmaking". 

The above creates the following problem: if the player gets teamkill penalty, that player will most likely earn close to nothing or nothing at all in that match. Since the player knows that he needs to unlock new skill nods and realizes that it takes quite a lot of time to do so, the answer is clear - it's better to leave a match and join a new one, then continue with the negative score. That situation just isn't right, because it promotes the wrong behavior.

ARMA weapons have always been quite similar in their class(the time to kill someone doesn't decrease too much). a team, and i mean a team, not just 5 players on a side, could easily win using the starting AR's versing a side of 5 players with lvl 20 weapons and attachments. ARMA is all about team work, "the lone wolf dies while the pack survives"(#GoTQuotes). a team can move into an objective and clear it, but 5 solo players will struggle. the new players should learn to communicate, give detailed information and watch their team mates backs. self benefit doesn't win games(this is ARMA not CoD or BF),Team-work does.

• Like 1

Hey BertiiTheHero, you are absolutely right. I just starting playing Argo yesterday and uninstalled it at the very same day...  the game right now is super unbalance and non-fun, shame for the updates

I am currently Rank 14, when Posting this.

Since it is still very early in the games development/release, I hear there is the possibility of additional changes to the game for the future.

I would like to suggest the possibility of being able to change our own munition in our clip. An example would be, a 6.5mm rifle using it's base Munition + Tracers where placed. So If I wanted to edit my clip in the Armory, I could click the "Ammo or Munitions" tab like Grenades, then a visual of my Individual bullets would pop up. If I have a 30 round mag , I can choose 30 different types of bullets. Example: 1st 5 bullets are normal, Then 20 Green Tracers, Then 5 Red Tracers or how ever I wanted to customize it.

I'm not looking to have a rave or anything, but this would open the possibility for future night maps. Which also grants the possibility for more attachments on Weapons like Lazers or Flashlights which are already in Arma3.

I imagine Night maps would be a Hardcore thing, but it would be awesome seeing different colors of tracers fly during the night from a LMG toward capture points. Chemlights? Different Colored Smoke Grenades. Strobe Grenades? Trowing Knife? Crossbow? Explosive Crossbow (Not OP, they have grenade launchers)?

Customization is one of the keys to the successes this game has accomplished, and I really hope to see more types of customizing in the future.

(PS, Thanks for the AK-12 GL, It is Awesome)

200.gif

i agree with -ToR-TheCapulet, shooting people, kill people - it's normal situation. But observe a blood on just killed people - its mind injury :dozingoff:

10 hours ago, goodoldkiva said:

I'll be blunt: so far, this is just a poor quality asset dump made to squeeze more cash out of the community to the point that Bohemia doesn't seem interested whatsoever in maintaining much more than a competitive e-sports level community willing to dump real world cash into a badly maintained game. You shouldn't have to play with the toxic community that embodies the PvP gamemodes in order to progress, under any circumstances, and the fact that a PvE gamemode won't provide experience or rewards is a major design flaw in and of itself; and is a major turn-off to using this as anything but a graphics card benchmark.

You are very confused. Argo is Free and will remain free as we stated multiple times and we continue to say it. Argo was also part of Bohemia Incubator and was mainly developed to learn, experiment and grow as developers. We ventured into the realm of competitive multiplayer which we haven't done before and we let our community be part of it. 

Also Combat Patrol was just added to give players something to go chill to, Argo was always about PvP and will remain so.

And no, no micro transactions, I really don't know how else to say that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, goodoldkiva said:

The problem is that the only manner of progression is through PvP, which PvE players do not frequently attend to. In addition, you should never trust a developer just because they gave you access to a control panel. Microsoft backed out on their season pass, and other developers, like Overkill Software, have placed microtransactions in their games despite saying they would never do so. I can't see why Bohemia wouldn't do the same.

Well Argo is designed for PVP primarily. I can appreciate you views on trust with developers, however i have faith in BIS not to change their mind. I can only say this, as i have been playing BIS Games since OFP was released. 

Editing individual bullets in a magazine is not quite feasible due to how the technology behind it works, I'm sorry. The night maps are beyond the scope of the project, so we have no plans on adding those; the same applies to some Arma weapon attachments, which are not needed in Argo, or adding more weapons. Adding colored smoke grenades is something we have discussed, but a final decision hasn't been made yet. In short, for more advanced gameplay (time of day, weapons, vehicles, etc.) there is Arma. For small-scale, specific PvP action, there's Argo. Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

First of all, sorry for my fast-typing ( I write from my workpalce) and also sorry for my incorrect grammar issues in the Iangauge.

I think Argo is a really good game with a lot of potential. Its a professional mod, but the playing method is more concentrated here than Arma III, this is why I like it more. You dont need travel a lot to the objective, waiting hours to your teammates, etc.

I participate in Project Argo nearly from the start, and now I summarised my view in case of the gaming experience improvement. It based on my subjective opinion. So here is some of my point what is important 

Structure:

• Loadout change: One of the most annoying thing in the game is when new round start, and you need to take attention always to the laodouts, because the list comes with random sequence. If you do not take attention to this, it can be happen sometimes that you spawn with a basic weapon. Its really annyoing. I think you should delete the basic weapons from this list, and the player should choose only from his loadout, what he setted up in the loadout menu. 

• Skill tree reset: its too cheap, you need to increase the cost of this option. I would suggest a staggered solution. It means the first reset is cheap, and the next resets be more expensive.

Gameplay&Mechanism:

• Teammate aim: After you being eleminated, you can see one of your teammates vision who are alive. However, you not see his aim correctly. I got a lot of critcism about my aiming during match, and my squad blame me many times - and I never understood why they are so angry, because my aim was okay.  And I saw several times that my teammates aim was horrible, and it also lead to a lot of conflict in game. But after I concentrated on this more perfectly, I discovered that my teammate aim and the way of the bullets spreading to absolutely different way. For example as I saw, his aim was horrible and the enemy wasnt in his target, BUT the bullets heading towards him and he shot the enemy down, however as I saw he aiming to a little differently location. So actually, you not see your teammate aim correctly. I think you need to fix this, because it can lead to a conflict in the game, and the conflict demoralizing the squad.

• Weapon stabilizing: when you press C (or depends on your keybord setup) you can stuck your weapon for improving your aim. The problem is, when you stuck/unstuck your weapon, the corsshair is moving too much distance from the original target, because of the surface. I think this distance need to be less.

• Aiming after sprint: you can aiming after sprint to fast way, I think its not realistic. It should be take much time when you stop sprinting and start to aiming.

Content:

• Protection items on skill tree:  One of the greatest in-game structure is the skill line, this is a perfect idea from the developers. It motivate the playesr to play, and get more effective weapons. You can choose 2 kind of vests, what gives you light and heavy protection. I think it would be more intresting if you add more items for protection improvements, for example helmets and gloves. That would make the protection palette more complex, and gives more intensity and motivation to the players to play.

• Suppressor: if suppressors gives more accuracy to your weapon, there should be written which one, how much improve that.

• Colored smoke granade for supporters: Your costumers who bought supporters pack, want to feel themselves more unique. Im glad that this is note pay-towin game, so keep the balance up, but there is a lot if creative way to give something unique (like masks) to them. For example you can add them colored smoek granade.

• Supporters backpack disadvantage: I bought supporters edition, and I can get up backpacks in the loadout surface. I think the backpack size is too large, what is okay, but in professional circumstances with experienced players you are more easily to notice when you have supporters backpack equiped. I think you need to add more kind of backpack content, including the smaller, (for excample Bergen, Assault pack, etc.) backpacks in different colors.

I have the same problen like Linkino and that is f*ckt up. The only thing you can do is to restart the game...

On 2017-6-19 at 11:33 AM, ITokyYourCookie said:

Hi,

If friendly fire happens that often too you, I suggest you play on "Easy" servers, where players have a friendly markers above their heads.

Normal formerly hardcore servers are named that way for a reason, you need to remember how your friends look and have trigger discipline. 

well what about the noobs that teamattack you, and then, out of reaction you kill them because you acttually know how to shoot? What about not punishing when uninentionally teamkilling a player that shots you first?

I mean you cant really ask us to wait before shooting WHEN someone is already loading half a clip on you....

These are the only situations I get the -500xp punishment.

And btw, the xp disadvantage when playing easy servers is not really helping the noobs starting there... I didnt neither and am still teamkilling, I explained the why above.

• When restarting the game, the loadouts are most often reset and you need to remake them.
  • Also you play on a server an a "new" loadout that I never build is showing up first in the list and I spawn with a weapon I didnt intend to spawn with. So I need to suicide only to change away from the loadout that shouldnt even be there.
  • Even when resetting skill-tree, the loadouts get reset, why? Its really annoying to have to remake them after each reset!

Overall: its really annoying that loadouts are not permanent, just let us make them and if they have stuff not unlocked by the skill tree, highlight them that we cant spawn with them etc.

2 hours ago, Spyle said:

Thank you for your feedback, I'll address a few points which I can relevantly comment at the moment.

Skill tree reset: It does scale with your progression in the game. At the moment, it intentionally does not scale with how many times it has been used.

Aiming after sprint: It was decided to make this part less realistic and different from Arma, since it better suits the pace of Argo gameplay.

Protection items: Again, we simplified Arma's damage model so we could have got more reliable results, better suited for this kind of game. You can read more about that in my devblog.

Colored smoke grenade for supporters: We've been discussing that, no mor details at the moment, though.

I know feedback should always be positive too, but I start with the negatives and will do another post for the positives later (I actually came here to express my struggles with the game):

• When restarting the game, the loadouts are most often reset and you need to remake them.
  • Also you play on a server an a "new" loadout that I never build is showing up first in the list and I spawn with a weapon I didnt intend to spawn with. So I need to suicide only to change away from the loadout that shouldnt even be there.
  • Even when resetting skill-tree, the loadouts get reset, why? Its really annoying to have to remake them after each reset!

Overall loadouts: its really annoying that loadouts are not permanent, just let us make them and if they have stuff not unlocked by the skill tree, highlight them that we cant spawn with them etc.

• shooting range: 2 mags not enough, should be unlimited.
  • shooting range: it should be possible to use weapons with different attachments, also when not owning the weapon/attachments first (atm its possible but not enough, you need weapon to test scope, you need scope to test additonal silencer etc). I want to be able to test a weapon with a scope and with a silencer.
  • shooting range: I want real dummies with and without kevlars on different ranges to test the damage. Or some sort of other feedback so that I know how many shots are needed where for a kill. Weapons are expensive so we need to know beforehand.
  • TEAMKILLS  I have no problem when getting -500xp for a teamkill, but hey, you should be punished when teamkilling a teamate that was actually shooting at you and even damaging you. The thing is that you have no time within the reacion to check if its a teamate. The teamkill punishment needs to be inactive when you got damaged by a teamate first!

Its really frustrating that every player below level 3 or 4 doesnt even know how to actually cap an objective

• there is no way to queue  with friends, we need to join a server, this is a really big issue as several of my friends dont even bother playing the game because they have to use the server browser and then its not even sure that you are in the same team. I can tell that is a really big issue for a game that seems to try to be competitive.
  • Make queue with groups possible!
  • Make the queue work, only server browsing is possible atm. Suggested servers are always full or non-existant. This is the most important!!

• LINK: You get no xp for the first caps, so why bother? I just go enemy 2 for enemies and blocking.
  • Reload: Its not possible to change to pistol while reloading. If you reload, and there comes an enemy around the corner, it really should be possible and realistic, that you stop the reload and can change to secondary weapon. But momentaraly you can only wait for the reload to stop so that you can switch to pistol, but wait, then you dont need to switch xD

• Like 1

Since 1.64 in Arma 3 cheaters ar blocked via VAC bans https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00171

But you have released a game on the same engine as Arma 3 - Project Argo. And now cheaters may test hacks without need to pay and use cheats not only in Argo, but in Arma 3 too. Do you plan to solve this issue somehow?

Haven't sunk as many hours into ARGO yet, but have already experienced alot of what is being discussed in this video as well as what other users have reported in this tread.

Really hoping for a fix of at least some of the issues, since ARGO is indeed somewhat enjoyable!

On 2017/6/27 at 11:43 PM, ITokyYourCookie said:

You have filter for difficulty in Quick Play, click the scenario button and "Find servers" there is a scroll bar where you can select difficulty ;)

I want you to do it like this :D

QdSXsTo.jpg

On 19/06/2017 at 10:33 AM, ITokyYourCookie said:

Hi,

If friendly fire happens that often too you, I suggest you play on "Easy" servers, where players have a friendly markers above their heads.

Normal formerly hardcore servers are named that way for a reason, you need to remember how your friends look and have trigger discipline. 

we get you want to make it realistic, but realisticly speaking, its annoying shooting your team mate and honestly whats the point of it?

what good does being able to shoot teammates actually do?

Give me one good reason, besides "realistic" and maybe i might change my mind.

Btw everything else is perfect !!!!

i went 24 and 12 and had like no points because i killed 2 teammates (on accident, they came through the door and I reacted) 

irl you would know who's enemy and who's friendly (Not by just the Colours ) BUT they have radios etc etc.

so realistically speaking (again) you could at least have names OR have a orange / blue over there enemies/friendlies

only my opinion, its not my game to decide or choose how its made, or changed.

TL:DR Take off friendly fire, or at least make a mode that you cant kill your teammates and watch how fast people will leave the hardcore version for non team killing rooms.

Edited by R0adki11
removed capitals

13 hours ago, DeadDylan said:

we get you want to make it realistic, but realisticly speaking, its annoying shooting your team mate and honestly whats the point of it?

what good does being able to shoot teammates actually do?

Its realistic, Argo is based on Arma3 which is a mil sim game. If you couldn't kill or damage your team mates that would make it unrealistic.

i went 24 and 12 and had like no points because i killed 2 teammates (on accident, they came through the door and I reacted) 

irl you would know whos enemy and whos friendly (NOT BY JUST THE Colours ) BUT they have radios etc etc.

so realisticly speaking (again) you could at least have names OR have a orange / blue over there enemies/friendlies

only my opinion, its not my game to decide or choose how its made, or changed.

TL:DR Take off friendly fire, or at least make a mode that you cant kill your teammates and watch how fast people will leave the hardcore version for non teamkilling rooms.

Sorry as a long time player of BIS Games (played since OFP) i don't see the need for disabling friendly fire or adding colours or names or other guides. My personal opinion is that it will just dumb down the game. To avoid friendly fire, all you need is to show restraint when firing, good communication and recognising the uniforms of the enemy. 

• Like 2

I post continuously, but I'm sorry.

This is a shooting range.

"DMR 2 SPAR - 17" is earlier than "Assault SPAR - 16", is not it a mistake setting?

DMR SPAR-17 Aim Gif

UsnRttx.gif

Was doing some PIG testing with a buddy as we wanted to see the damage ratio from glancing shots (seems to be about half). And we inadvertently discovered that the body is much thinner than it physically appears.

Here is a short clip demonstrating https://streamable.com/05cqt My friend had a similar experience when trying to test damage done to legs.

I will try to get more clips displaying the hitbox boundaries of other body parts when I have the time to do so.

• Like 2

how come experienced players never actually TK, or once every 10-20 games (i can count the TK i had since this was released on a single hand tbh..)

The punishment is just fine if you ask me

• Like 3

Thread cleaned up, now lets get back to the topic in hand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Thread cleaned up, now lets get back to the topic in hand. 

Thank you R0adki11 :)

To be completely honnest the friendly fire system is perfect as it is.

Killing someone on your team can cost you the game and the -500 points is great.

Team kills do happen because someone runs into your ark but ypu can kill 2 teammates and still get a score of 3000 plus in link.

As far as telling people appart you just look at there arms no sleeve flame, sleeves clouds. 

You could put on a half ghillie with just arms showing and tell its flame really not hard,

I dont use the mini map at all i talk to my team and know where they are if im running into a area i know has team mates i say friendly coming in just like if real life.

And just like real life it can be hard at times to tell who is who when they are in cover, comunicate with your team..

An option to stop people complaining about it is to put a punnish system in like the wasteland severs have or only start the team kill punnishment after a ceartin level. Another idea is make noob severs restrivted to lvl 3 and under

Few ideas but im liking it as is and