almanzo

Feedback Thread

While you are at some disadvantage, i would not say it is unfair by any means. I like the unlocks myself, really just adjust your play style to what you have or what you can do with it. Just have ironsights? Put in in semi auto and stick with you team, or be more stealthy. I did pretty decent with the ironsights, just remember this isnt cod or something. Tactics are more important than an acog with the best AR you can get.

I bought the Argo Supporter's Pack through the store on here and it won't let me redeem it on my steam account. I tried a different steam account and it still won't let me. I even tried different browsers thinking maybe that was the problem. Should I just do a chargeback and try to buy it straight off of steam?

Can you please add a some sort of matchmaking or at least make it so that all guests and lvl 1-3 can only join easy mode servers. It's so god damn frustrating and annoying having them in hardcore servers if you are trying to win the game and they don't know what to do and run around like headless chickens or worse team killing.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, creative5p said:

run around like headless chickens

Exactly noticed! :rofl::rthumb:
If not 1-3 lvl, then at least 1-3 hours of playing time.

• Like 1

Hi,

after playing a number of rounds on combat patrol here my first impressions:

Pro:

-Movement seems fluid and missions are interesting.

Contra:

•  Teamkilling, Teamkillers should be autokicked after three teamkills and banned from the server for 30min. Teamkilling is a huge problem right now.
  •  Spawning in servers with zero tickets. This happenz quite often  and is frustrating cause u connect to a server u cant play on. This is a major letdown too.
  •  Inexperienced players bleeding tickets like mad. There should be a larger delay for being allowed to respawn with team tickets successively. Say add 20 sec per ticket "consumed". Its like you play the hole match get killed once and find no tickets are left cause nobs have respawned like mad and then disconnected.
  •  Better visual indication of players waiting for revive. Sometimes I got a blu star sometimes I dont so it needs to be more prominent i think.

These are my first impressions.

All in all the game itself seems fun enough, but the aforementioned issues are really a huge fun killer and really break the game for me right now.

Gonna try PvP next. Will report back.

Cheers
Crusader

p.s.

after some more playing the quickmatch feature gave me servers with 10 players (so full) which I cannot join, and lacks a feature like in ARMAs quick play which is find next server. Plz add this

• Like 1

Just one auggestion:

Replace the actual two factions from ARGO with NATO, CSAT, FIA, AAF from ARMA3.

It would be easier to see the difference between friendlies and enemies. For example on some maps NATO fights against CSAT and on some AAF vas FIA.

I really like the gameplay, tho often times i dislike it that i cant see who are my teammates and who the enemy is, there is no visual indicator. maybe like different clothes would change this or something like this. Also i HATE the progession system. it feels so clunky and unfair when you go against a supressed MG with a very good sight on with your shitty ak47u with ironsight. i think there should be another system for that. 

17 minutes ago, TKtrue said:

I really like the gameplay, tho often times i dislike it that i cant see who are my teammates and who the enemy is, there is no visual indicator. maybe like different clothes would change this or something like this. Also i HATE the progession system. it feels so clunky and unfair when you go against a supressed MG with a very good sight on with your shitty ak47u with ironsight. i think there should be another system for that. 

the teams do have different clothes.

clouds = green clothes with full sleeves

flames = tanktop -> naked arms

I found some issues that are possible to game-breaking or cheating.

1. You can remove grasses with setTerrainGrid 25.
  2. You can Freelook with modify .ArgoProfile.
  3. You can place vehicles in the Editor without purchase the Supporter's Edition with create3DENEntity.

Are they should be fixed?

Edit: As you might know, particle glitch is intact with Argo, so smoke grenades cannot provide concealments.

No xp in co op mission is realy boring, I play this game only for co op with friends, please change that

1 hour ago, huns said:

No xp in co op mission is realy boring, I play this game only for co op with friends, please change that

Argo is based around PVP. If you want to play co-op with friends I suggest finding another game. ARMA 3 for example!

It does not matter if you are playing hardcore or easy servers. The only reliable indicator to know if your opponent is friendly or enemy is the mini map and that's just bad design.

You should really alter the equipment for each side, because now it's really just deathmatch, everyone is using NATO equipement - you can identify the enemy only by the uniform and that's just very hard.

My proposal is to restrict the BLUFOR and OPFOR equipment for each side and make it more balanced. Also there should be more visible indicator when you kill someone, because now I often have to look if I killed friendly or enemy :D

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, evromalarkey said:

It does not matter if you are playing hardcore or easy servers. The only reliable indicator to know if your opponent is friendly or enemy is the mini map and that's just bad design.

You should really alter the equipment for each side, because now it's really just deathmatch, everyone is using NATO equipement - you can identify the enemy only by the uniform and that's just very hard.

My proposal is to restrict the BLUFOR and OPFOR equipment for each side and make it more balanced. Also there should be more visible indicator when you kill someone, because now I often have to look if I killed friendly or enemy :D

In easy you can identify the enemy by the name tag above their heads. And as for Hardcore then the name says it all, it's HARDCORE get used to it. CLOUD has full sleeved green camo and FLAMES have beige tank-tops. It's not that difficult to see who is friendly and who isn't

• Like 1

Well.... the title says it all, and he picture confirmes it.

fs.jpg

He is the next Argo faction !? :))) Long sleeves, short sleeves.... and this now? :))))

3 hours ago, creative5p said:

And as for Hardcore then the name says it all, it's HARDCORE get used to it. CLOUD has full sleeved green camo and FLAMES have beige tank-tops. It's not that difficult to see who is friendly and who isn't

It's actually difficult. Because when looking through the sight, players of both sides look like a bunch of dark pixels. Sitting in the bushes. :dozingoff:

After you unlock Machineguns 3 node, you seem to be available to unlock Sights 3 and Suppressors 3 for it without having to unlock Sights 1,2 and Suppressors 1,2, as you normally should.

However even if it says they cost 2 skill points to unlock (Sights 3 and Suppressors 3) you cant, it will just come up with an error message that you dont have enough skill points to spend. This is very annoying because i waited a long time to hit rank 16 so i can run with MK200 + suppressor, the damn gun is so loud too, my ears will simply drop on the floor if i keep playing like this.

Please i beg you BI fix these annoying little bugs that are littered throughout the game, or the game will die likely sooner than later.

Also please make it possible to add screenshots into forum posts, i only get the option to add URL, and when i try to do that it doesnt even work.. Pathetic.

Its not too punishing, this is the only way idiots will learn. 

If you cant tell the difference between enemy and friendly, play on easy servers, thats what they are for.

• Like 3

The Mk200 is way too !@#$ing loud compared to other weapons. I stopped using it because I am too afraid I will damage my ears. If I crank the sound volume any lower I can't hear footsteps well enough, so instead I use the SPAR-16 with the drum magazine and suppressor.

This post is in regards to some thing that i have been discussing with friends and also some Pro players. I have over 600 hours in Arma3 and around 50 Hours in Argo now and am ranked in the top 50 of the Leaderboards.

Things we would like to see changed or added, Remember this is a hardcore shooter not cod or Battlefield.

Team balance:  Needs to be adjusted firstly make it so you can't join a team with more then one player difference.

Kill cam:  Remove it completely for severs that aren't easy.

Health:  I disagree with a downing system or slow bleed but you could use the silver boxes scattered around the map as med system.

Equipment:  It would be nice to be able to unlock things from a game lobby before you are locked in, I understand the work involved in this and realise its not very important.

Friendly Fire:  Current system is great. Player skill is the main factor hear and people will learn the difference.

Vaulting:  The ability to jump or just a simple vault would be amazing. But from the looks of map design not needed at the moment. 

Unlocks:  Would be nice to see some level only cosmetic items added.

I thank you for you time and my team and i are loving the game keep the updates coming and make this game great.

Regards:   Mighty Aln.

It's nearly perfect, the punishment fits the crime. But maybe a way to forgive and knock it down to -250 rather than -500?. If im taking someone down and a friendly runs infront its devistating.

• Like 1

i find it perfect to, dont know why that many teamkills happen, flames only tanktops and clouds long sleves simple as that. Finally a game who punishes Teamkiller with the right amount.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hatack said:

It's nearly perfect, the punishment fits the crime. But maybe a way to forgive and knock it down to -250 rather than -500?. If im taking someone down and a friendly runs infront its devistating.

This would be good, option to punish or forgive! Sometimes the teamkill is unavoidable accident due to whatever circumstances, sometimes its just someone salty trying to piss you off or pure ignorance, so please do add this.

• Like 2

I did some testing, it seems everything else works as supposed to when it comes to skill points, but Sights 3 and Suppressors 3 cannot be unlocked no matter how many points you have, those 2 nodes are completely 100% broken.

This issue was already in the pre-release version. Hoping for a fix soon :)