almanzo

Feedback Thread

So because some cheat, let everyone cheat?

And we know how people know positions anyway.  The sound of steps is uber loud and long range.

It just is too easy to ghost, back seat drive and be nagged and flamed by dead players.

Case in point.  I just played a set of raid.  I got 8 kills,  The rest of my team got 0.  Yet the player on the bottom of the list would not shut up telling me where to go and what to do.  Mute does not always work in game... it will not X out.  And it gets tedious having to micromanage comms while in combat.

On 6/15/2017 at 11:45 PM, blazee said:

bump

What the hell are you bumping?  Literally 1 through 8 are already done since that post.

i have this problem i play for while the sound disappear, i only experience this issue in two games this one and no man standing i have more than 21 games runs perfects 

He's right, it happened to me too.

Once I climbed up by the board path, I don't really remember how but I must have gone near this container and was stuck in it, like if I were teleported in it.
The thing is, when it happen, you cannot get out...this container cannot be open :)...

Here are the screens, I can show which container it is: the green one I'm targeting at (Seddrik may confirm it, because I don't renember exactly which ones...it happened to me a while ago...)

Not yet, but gladly looking forward to it !!

Once Project argo is available on Steam, I guess competitive and clan war system will sweetly set on !

Nice topic there...hope this sub forum may appear soon after the official Argo realease on Steam :) !!

Guys...I feel alone right now... and might be the first player posting on this matter: I'm looking for team, a clan, even for a sect ! :)
I would even be glad to build up a team with other orphelins on Argo, if anyone is looking for a tribe to join in

Its nice to be able to use an analog stick for moving between walk and "normal" speed...thanks for allowing analog infantry movement.  Please extend the analog stick to include a full sprint when the stick is pushed fully forward.

I don't understand why every developer feels the need to add metagame. It doesn't make me want to play the game. I don't care about unlocking virtual weapons because they don't hold any value. Its more of a requirement in order to be competitive with the basement dwellers that play 24/7.  I just want to come on and have fun. Prior to the update, Argo was about tactics and teamwork, now its about who has what gun unlocked. Also, if you have split servers based on skill level, then you end up with a fractured community like Chiv.

Games like Halo became legendary without an annoying unlock system. Please listen to your fans, get rid of this crap unlock system.

On 6/2/2017 at 5:11 AM, Locklear said:

Another motivation for playing the game besides the game itself.

If you need other motivation than the game itself, then the game needs improvement.

On 16.06.2017 at 9:54 PM, Seddrik said:

So because some cheat, let everyone cheat?

For everyone forbid the inside of the game communication, but yourself will use alternative voice chats?
So you will have an advantage over other players?
Are you the most honest, or the most cunning? :scratchchin:

On 16.06.2017 at 9:54 PM, Seddrik said:

Mute does not always work in game...

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/12/

Like I do not even uderstand you guys (devs).

Why would you make friendly fire too punishing considering how easy it is to kill your team mate by accident.

The game is a hardcore game and it is really easy to confuse your team mate with enemies.

Yes there should be punishments but right now you usually lose ALL your points considering the point earning systeam also sucks in this game.

Pls fix.

• Like 1

If a player gets kicked from the server for team killing they can instantly rejoin the same server and continue to team kill. I assume it works the same way with a vote kick. 

6 hours ago, KronX said:

If a player gets kicked from the server for team killing they can instantly rejoin the same server and continue to team kill. I assume it works the same way with a vote kick. 

Hi Kronx,

this is something we want to address after the game is released. 

21 hours ago, cilginsin meaan said:

Like I do not even uderstand you guys (devs).

Why would you make friendly fire too punishing considering how easy it is to kill your team mate by accident.

The game is a hardcore game and it is really easy to confuse your team mate with enemies.

Yes there should be punishments but right now you usually lose ALL your points considering the point earning systeam also sucks in this game.

Pls fix.

Hi,

If friendly fire happens that often too you, I suggest you play on "Easy" servers, where players have a friendly markers above their heads.

Normal formerly hardcore servers are named that way for a reason, you need to remember how your friends look and have trigger discipline. 

Edited by ITokyYourCookie
  • Like 6

Instead of an unlock system, have a role system with weapon options.

Have 3 number of standard rifle or SMG slots (iron sight, red dot sight application).  One of these can be GL.

Have 1 sniper slot (all sight options)

Have one 1 MG slot (mid range to shorter sight options)

Weapon unlocks... eh.  If any, then maybe by class, so that from the start in each class SOME kind of weapon is available in each category.

Emphasize tactics and teamwork.  Not unlocks.  Unlocks are a temporary "interest" (hindrance) to get to a competitive level.

I think the one akira mentioned is on a different map.  I remember yet another map where this has happened to people, but never to me.  Dunno if the problem is getting worse or is it was just that the longer weapon I was using had some effect.

Ive been looking at PROJECT ARGO for quite sometime as I've always liked the idea of PVP games (that works) in arma3 or any other RV engine game as it is not currently possible have a good experience in any arma game (even though it can be fun to try). PA does not seem to have addressed the main problems to having decent pvp game modes in an arma style game.

1. PA NEEDS a new camera script; just disabling 3rd person in a 3rd person game like arma3 does not making it a first person game. While the first person experience is certainly a lot smoother in PA compared to A3 first person is still makes me feel ill.

2. Weapons / Armour; Having some players by default with weapons able to shoot through building walls and kill other players accurately with powerful scopes (as I watched one of my teammates do 3 times in a row) vs players with only 5.56 and 9mm weapons and no scopes does not work in arma3, you need to balance the weapons and damage system in general. Everyone should have medium range weapons or you should have a balanced selection of weapons based on roles, not how many hours you've played (perhaps a progression of weapons available simlar to counter strike would also work). It also can take half a magazine at point blank range before a player dies with the 5.56 and 9mm weapons, this seems to be mix of the damage system and the delay in the time it takes a kill or damage to register in MP games, sometimes you can empty half a magazine at point blank range before the ragdoll / death animation kicks in even though your first burst should kill any unarmored person instantly (players even sometimes have a enough time to turn 180 degrees around and start shooting back before they die in this situation even though they have been hit in their back several times already).

3. Buildings and objects are still a pain to navigate your charter is constantly getting stuck on glitched geo LODs it does not really matter so much in arma3 as your mostly fighting AI and they are slow to react but when your up against players it incredibly annoying. Ive also seen concrete walls fall down due to damage from grenades and gunfire removing cover from players a couple of times just today, beyond damage to windows there does not seem to be much need for any damage system been active on buildings at all in PA.

4. MP performance has always been hit or miss in arma, but even when your getting really high frame rate in MP games PVP still is a terrible experience, this is the case for all arma games and PROJECT ARGO. Limiting the number of players in game as PA does helps but even this still does not address fundamental issues armas engine has preventing a smooth FPS game been possible.

Still glad BIS is trying this though as it would be cool if they can pull it off but those are the main issues arma has in regards to PVP game modes IMO.

Oops...I don't know why I always confuse "radio station" with "airfield Depot".

Still, the screens I've taken is on RAID: "radio station", the glitch happened when I move around the container, but don't remember exactly how it happens so far.

Hi, how are you! First of all I congratulate you for this new project and wish you the best of luck for this new stage.
The game is very good and has a lot of potential ahead. The only thing that would be missing is to add the Spanish language, optimize it a little more and ready. From now many thanks and greetings.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and kind words! We are currently gathering data about our user base and we are considering extending the list of supported languages based on that analysis. I cannot promise anything yet, the more players we are going to have in Spanish speaking countries, the more likely is the Spanish localization. Enjoy the game!

Happy anniversary, and congratulations on the release!

The game feels really enjoyable, It is much more "Drop in, drop out" compared to Arma.

I believe it would be more intuitive to make both thumbnails and text clickable in the map selection screen.

Aside from beautifully made Malden, Argo's cqc areas look hand painted and much more detailed.

A small request: My surname in "create your own billboard contest" credits is shortened to one letter.

Is it possible to have full name and surname plus the username? (as agreed)

And also, have it the same way when and if those credits become featured in Arma 3 malden?

Keep up the good work, It has become difficult to keep up with all the content. :eyeheart:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, venthorror said:

Happy anniversary, and congratulations on the release!

The game feels really enjoyable, It is much more "Drop in, drop out" compared to Arma.

I believe it would be more intuitive to make both thumbnails and text clickable in the map selection screen.

Aside from beautifully made Malden, Argo's cqc areas look hand painted and much more detailed.

A small request: My surname in "create your own billboard contest" credits is shortened to one letter.

Is it possible to have full name and surname plus the username? (as agreed)

And also, have it the same way when and if those credits become featured in Arma 3 malden?

Keep up the good work, It has become difficult to keep up with all the content. :eyeheart:

Hi, I dont recognize your nickname from the Billboard contest, feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, venthorror said:

Do you mean the screen during the voting at the end of the match?

Thank you very much for your effort and dedication. And again lots of luck for this project and enjoy the game !!! Greetings.