almanzo

Feedback Thread

I hope yes, I still can't figure how they opted for a 5vs5 game....

@Locklear

Thanks for taking the time to fully justify your design decision. I can't not appreciate your opinion when stated so clearly. While I still disagree (given we've likely very different backgrounds and experiences in regards to software/game development), it's reassuring to know how much thought you've put into your design. I truly look forward to the public release and I will happily "eat my hat" when I'm entirely wrong after the influx of new players (and I hope I do have to eat it too). Keep up the hard work - here's to Argo becoming a timeless classic for competitive gaming for years to come.

• Like 2

Hi,

is there a simple way to build a lobby based on my friends on Steam and then join a server or do we all have to go to the server browser and connect to the same server and just hope that there are no collisions in the team building process with the randoms that joined the same server? I really would like to play in a premade team.

I think Assault Rifles V + Vest I + sights II should = 25 skill points.

That could be done by making Assault Rifles V 7 points instead of 8 skill points.

I think that could be a good load out to make up for the short range. low ammo, smaller caliber and slow firing rifles in that class.

Hi Bohemia Interactive / Bohemia Incubator staff!

I have a quick question,

Is a clan war system planned to be added in the future?

Have a beautiful day!

Haven't read through this thread in ages, so I'm not sure if it's been addressed.  But I finally bit the bullet and played a while in the link hardcore servers.  And aside from the infuriating bugs, the one thing that stuck out to me the most is that people collectively just aren't anywhere near ready for hardcore only.  A good half of my deaths already today are from teamkills.  My leaderboard is pissed! lol.  But seriously, hardcore is the very worst without a team you're already comfortable with.

Hi, firstly I would like to thanks all the team's members that worked on Argo, I really appreciate the game.

Game version: v0.76.0.141760

I think you should take the time to fix some most annoying bugs before an official public launch / release on steam.

Much of the Arma's players will understand and try to play fair along those bugs, but new players coming from other FPS already try to hack those bugs which is irritating way more than bugs. On the other hand, some of them will just complain about the game and bugs without seeing its potential and probably won't come back to it.

As some have previously mentioned, playing with grown up players (mostly top players) is way more enjoyable than people always complaining about bugs and even about key features of the game ...

If I could make a suggestion, it would be of being able to stop the reloading animation, by either dropping the old or new magazine on the ground when the player switch weapon or want to throw smoke / grenades. * Of course it would be possible to take it back from the ground after.

Again thanks and keep up the good work.

I think it would be more consistent if you could press F on single fire weapons and see your ammo amount just like with the other guns.

On 5. 6. 2017 at 2:29 AM, EricR said:

Hi, firstly I would like to thanks all the team's members that worked on Argo, I really appreciate the game.

Game version: v0.76.0.141760

I think you should take the time to fix some most annoying bugs before an official public launch / release on steam.

Much of the Arma's players will understand and try to play fair along those bugs, but new players coming from other FPS already try to hack those bugs which is irritating way more than bugs. On the other hand, some of them will just complain about the game and bugs without seeing its potential and probably won't come back to it.

As some have previously mentioned, playing with grown up players (mostly top players) is way more enjoyable than people always complaining about bugs and even about key features of the game ...

If I could make a suggestion, it would be of being able to stop the reloading animation, by either dropping the old or new magazine on the ground when the player switch weapon or want to throw smoke / grenades. * Of course it would be possible to take it back from the ground after.

Again thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi, 

We always try to fix these issues, and we have been adressing most of them for a long time, sadly as soon as we fix one bit of it, another comes out and so on and so on. For example, respawn system is all scripted not hardcoded which results in some elusive and hard to reproduce bugs.

Trust us when we say we want to deliver the best game possible.

And thanks for your support!

On 3. 6. 2017 at 3:14 PM, RevisoryAtol545 said:

Hi Bohemia Interactive / Bohemia Incubator staff!

I have a quick question,

Is a clan war system planned to be added in the future?

Have a beautiful day!

Hi,

we haven't planned anything like this, we will now focus on delivering the core game in the best possible state. For future support of the game, we will think about it! :)

On 3. 6. 2017 at 1:39 PM, SaltyLeon said:

Hi,

is there a simple way to build a lobby based on my friends on Steam and then join a server or do we all have to go to the server browser and connect to the same server and just hope that there are no collisions in the team building process with the randoms that joined the same server? I really would like to play in a premade team.

Argo does not have a create lobby feature, so far the only way is the one you just described, pick a server and connect with your friends or create your own un-official server.

The white load screen (looking up at the sky) between games and whenever something is loading gives me a splitting fucking headache. I never had this problem in Arma 3 in 1200+ hours. I'm probably just griping at nothing but it would be nice if it were gray or something.. idk

It feels like the Raid matches are a little too short. Increasing the amount of rounds needed for a win would be nice.

We have this planned, new background will be more soothing on eyes.

• Like 1

A few critiques and suggestions-

To preface, I like and enjoy the game but feel it could use a lot of work.

Critique-

It feels very basic and has a very low skill ceiling, at least in solo play. Teamwork and maneuvers add more depth but thats about all.

All the assault rifles and lmgs feel nearly identical except for rate of fire and accuracy. Recoil is mostly negligible, and as long as youre fairly accurate just about any gun will do it feels. (Effective range is the only real limitation it feels, for what sets guns apart)

Suggestions-

Add official servers/maps that allow higher player count to utilize the larger maps. Even an 8v8 would add a more intense and full experience, while the current 5v5 feels a little low for the larger maps. Potentially with maps designed for it a 15v15 could be really interesting, allowing a few full squads to execute more complex maneuvers. The 5v5 limits your tactical choices while just a simple player boost by a few more could add more dynamic squad play. 10v10 you could have two squads of 5, or two squads of 4 with one squad of 2 as a specialized team.

Change progression system so that you unlock specific weapons instead of types of weapons.

Increase the speed you gain levels. Gunplay gets tedious when you use almost identical weapons without any attachments until you level and gain enough skill points to get attachments as well as more than just the starting weapons.

Hello Bohemia Incubator Team,

this should be a small Feedback to your game Argo. But first about me.
I play Arma 3 since launch so i have about 3k hours in your game. I know the game is not perfect but Arma wouldn't be Arma without Bugs right?

So... I downloaded Argo on public release and it was amazing.... but got frustrating really quickly duo to balancing issues wich are gone now! I left the game rest in my Steam Libary and just recently checked back and WOW it's even better now! Gj guys!

But some things just need to be done.Argo has a game experience no other game can provide. It is unique! You got the unlockable items for long term Progress and fun, the open maps like Battlefield and the Tactics from CS:GO in your game involved. It is amazing and you really are alone in this kind of genre so better make something out of it!

But how? Well thats always a good question, your game now is totally playable but still no way perfect.

So some core features are missing first of all.
You guys need to open more non hardcore Servers. Why? Well first time Argo/Arma Players are bad, they need to learn first before the get into the real battle.
Just transform some hardcore into non hardcore Servers. Also playing alone isn't fun in any multiplayer game so you guys definitely need a "Party Feature" ASAP. I mean your Serverbrowser is good but beginners will never be able to play together. Simple "grouping in the Lobby and search together" tool and done.
Maybe even make a Prelog for Beginners to learn the advanced Arma controls like the stances, switching fire mode, and so on.....

Thats for the beginners.... so move on to make it more enjoyable.
I know what I am about to write is not doable in just 1 month but still....
You need to fix Desync, Hitboxes (not only for Players more for objectives!!!), and most important Sound.
You want to make a competive game? Then Sound is key! The volume is just fine but to know where a silenced or even and unsilenced shot came from is impossible. Footsteps also. Is he in my house or the one next door, you will never know.
Those are key Elements! Just look at Playerunknown's Battleground the also fixed Desync and Sound very early on. Because it is important as hell.

Besides that you need to fix the most common Bugs like "Respawn disabled" or you can spawn behind enemy lines in Raid.
MVP Screen Shows a player called "any" with "any points".
Or you die before the round starts and respawn then again. or die because of "outside the playzone" while you are in it.

After that some small gamplay changes. Since the balancing now is great the only thing that comes in mind right now is in Raid you should need less time to stop the hacking process as a Defender.

If all of that is done the game really has a good point on which you can build more new stuff.
Like playing against bots to train aim and learn the maps and new spots.
New gamemodes like deathmatch where you can respawn over and over or free for all.
An Editor where you can build your own maps and so on...

Also you should go in the direction of a competitive game more in the future (far future) with not only leaderboards but also ranks like CS:GO, Rainbow 6 Sieg, Overwatch, LoL, Dota, WoW and so on have them...

Important too is PR. Promotion is key. Reach out to some Youtubers, Streamers and Bloggers and gift them the supporter pack.
Also build a community around your game via Reddit. Answer there questions in Reddit and your Forums and feed them with Infos.
Let the Players know whats going on, what is planed and so on. Well that's important and nice to have for every game i guess.

So thats about it, i hope i could help a little bit with my Feedback even though it's just a brief Review from a random guy.

I guess you guys have a plan anyways but still Feedback is never bad. Can't wait for 22nd June!

So have a great day, cheers!
Like.

PS.: Why is everyone so mad in global Chat? :o

am i typing the game title wrong on steam? Where is it on steam.

1 hour ago, GreenTorn said:

am i typing the game title wrong on steam? Where is it on steam.

It will be released on Steam on June 22nd.

Until then you can use this link to get it now.

https://www.projectargo.net/

• Like 1

Hello again BI

Just some more short feedback before bed. 

One thing that has bothered me from day one of argo is a bug that occurs everytime you switch from scoped to reddot.

The peripheral of the players vision stayes blurred as if he was still in scoped, it is reset by toggling out of ADS. 

Before:

ot78fXY.jpg

After:

ieEGxAr.jpg

As you can se the second image is a lot blurrier. 

Can this be fixed?

The second thing i would like to adress is the draw distance. 
As it is ATM things are not drawn after 6-700m, this is a bit short imho. 
It would be better if draw distance was around 1km, i ruins a lot of the immersion for me to suddenly see the house you where trying to look at disappear behind some invisible curtain.

Looking forward to launch =)

• Like 2