almanzo

Feedback Thread

On 2/3/2017 at 7:46 PM, BananaLumps said:

Great game, glad its F2P to try it out, just needs more PR

Agreed. Only found out about it because of the small advertisement in the Humble Bundle, but it turned out to be quite enjoyable.

Hi,

this is quite a good idea and I think we players should go ahead and try to lay tracks for the competitions that might occur. 

We should definitely define and design what we'd like to see for this game future and I hope the devs will hear us out.

Red lines borders in RAID mode.
I think, if there are restrictions, they must visually indicate. As it was in the last release.
Or restrictions completely removed. Or turn on red lines only for the defense. Otherwise, unequal conditions for attack and defense.

I dont know if people posted about these but here ya go.

Here are a few things I think would make this game more playable and give it more features

1 Add a zeroing for weapons! Not cool we have to guess where to shoot when all scopes ever made can be adjusted upon the battlefield to ensure a direct hit!

2 Can't Vault/jump! This game would feel alot better if it had a jumping key/climb fences like the Arma 3 Enhanced Movement mod..I hope this game is not finished without a climbing mechanism as it would give players ability to climb fences/crates/buildings/shacks.

3 Longer matches! This survival/objective game deserves longer battles as each game literally ends fast..there has to more things to do because its gunna get boring playing over and over because matches end quick!

4 AFK kicker This is a hugeeee one people just afk and cause your team to lose or cause matches to be very boring.

5 Teamkiller auto kicker or option to kick! No fair playing a game that gives no consequence to ass hats betraying their own team..please do something about this or remove team killing!

6 Specific team uniforms or customization This one is annoying because enemy looks exactly like your team..its really hard to figure out who is who especially in hardcore mode. 

7. Hardcore mode revamp This hardcore mode is so confusing to new players because there is literally no team markers or objective markers on screen so its a mess playing this mode. Also, this mode should have certain strong weapons making it HARDCORE for example only 7.62 weapons or something! 

8. Add a ranking system! What this game needs is a progress system so we can share/compete with other players to see whos the best on the battlefield..its boring playing for no purpose..give us medals/gear/clothing/emotes maybe some servers could be for High ranked players only (Level 10 players and up only) for example.

9. Another game without Melee feature?! Once again you guys give us a game that does not have fighting mechanics or melee combat..This would completely make this new game different than other Arma''s..Would be a great feature adding machetes/bats/survival knifes/shovels/axes! We get the whole defend this defend that concept but come on!! Why hasnt Arma 3 released a melee feature yet after so long..

Edited by Bag of Purp

a friend is having issues with crashes and PC freezes. task manager isnt even opening up when this happens. i notice it says battleye is kicking him for being unresponsive.. any help?

For the couple of hours I have played in project argo. I have had quite the bad experience. The weapons do not reflect their actual ballistic power in any way shape or form.

The community who affiliates themselves with this kind of gameplay, mainly call of duty players. I've seen time and time again through different matches, players who do nothing but chant racial slurs, scream and yell at people. Even team kill. I definitely didn't like this in the base arma 3 game, project argo hasn't gotten rid of that mindset yet. 

That style of play does unfortunately bring a lot of knuckle-draggers to the party. Don't waste your energy expecting them to see the error of their ways, and change. I doubt they represent everyone who enjoys a more "sport" oriented experience though. You just have to find like minded people. I'm sure they're out there.  :smile_o:

12 hours ago, Macser said:

That style of play does unfortunately bring a lot of knuckle-draggers to the party. Don't waste your energy expecting them to see the error of their ways, and change. I doubt they represent everyone who enjoys a more "sport" oriented experience though. You just have to find like minded people. I'm sure they're out there.  :smile_o:

Yeah, I totally understand that. I just wish this kind of behavior doesn't become repetitive. I saw this even in arma 2, and its starting to become worse and worse with every step. I always point a huge finger to the dayz mod for this kind of community. I don't want everyone to have the same play style, but this play style in particular brings these people in. I do play in al to of communities that do have the same mindset, but we always have people trickle in that behave this way and does nothing but cause trouble. 

The popularity dropped down to the no good level again. Just now I wasted 15+ minutes refreshing the server list for Clash and it was always just one full 10/10 server :down:

Hello everyone

I'm really enjoying the game, I think it's very well done.

Things to improve in my opinion

- tutorial for beginners before starting to play. In hardcore mod they look lost.
  - team balance, it is very common 5 vs 1.

good work :thumbs-up:

Thank you for letting us play this masterpiece. 

:wave:

Hi,

I think that a ARGO Clan/Team will be great, I totally support the idea!

This sounds like a good idea.

In-game maps can get repetitive after MANY hours of play. But adding elements such as rain and day/night weather conditions always make the experience more enjoyable.

Plus, this will also add extra a elements of realism and strategy (everything that Argo is about,) using torches during the night to using the suns position to your advantage. 

Thanks.

Hi,

Project Argo looks great, and (in my opinion) has a lot of potential.

All of Bohemia Interactive's previous titles has been paid games so, when Project Argo goes Standalone; will it be a Free game?

Thanks.

New Game-modes will be great!

Maybe something that will let you re-spawn after a death (rather than wait until the next round), or possibly more in the direction of a hostage game-mode!

Thanks.

If the developing process ever gets to the point where the prototype enters a stage where Argo could be released as a fleshed out standalone game (which is a long way out, and would include an engine switch to make it suitable for the (mass) market), I hope the developers take the Pay(-Once)-to-Play model into consideration (potentially combined with the sale of cosmetics to beat down the price a little bit).

People should, in my opinion, spend money on quality products to support the developers. This includes the "I spent the average price of an AAA title on Arma 3 four years ago and demand a lifelong free access to every Bohemia game ever released"-crowd.

Hi,

I get annoyed that after sprinting (my full sprint limit) my mercenary can instantly look down my sights and have a steady aim.

Adding a unsteady effect after sprinting your full distance will make this game a little more real/realistic.

What do you think?

Thanks.

You have a good point. Paying once for a quality game is how Bohemia Interactive does it.

But this is the new Bohemia incubator branch, they are to try out new things.

Maybe making the Argo title a free to play will be a step into the right direction, something new for the company (it will definitely draw in a new crowd to Bohemia's gates.)

What do you think?

I actually think that whatever project Argo turns into (afaik the current version is out there to test both the map that will be part of arma DLC and the more twitchy competitive FPS gameplay, although the final product will be developed on a separate engine - be it proprietary like enfusion or licensed like UE4) and eventually multi-platform, it will be paid.

The free products are never actually free, they all feature micro-transactions which, at least so far, BI managed to stay away from (and for good reasons). I strongly consider that free to play products are anything but a step in the right direction

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Brady_The said:

If the developing process ever gets to the point where the prototype enters a stage where Argo could be released as a fleshed out standalone game (which is a long way out, and would include an engine switch to make it suitable for the (mass) market), I hope the developers take the Pay(-Once)-to-Play model into consideration (potentially combined with the sale of cosmetics to beat down the price a little bit).

People should, in my opinion, spend money on quality products to support the developers. This includes the "I spent the average price of an AAA title on Arma 3 four years ago and demand a lifelong free access to every Bohemia game ever released"-crowd.

1 hour ago, JustNat said:

You have a good point. Paying once for a quality game is how Bohemia Interactive does it.

But this is the new Bohemia incubator branch, they are to try out new things.

Maybe making the Argo title a free to play will be a step into the right direction, something new for the company (it will definitely draw in a new crowd to Bohemia's gates.)

What do you think?

Just to clarify, we don't plan a switch of engines for Project Argo, not sure where this information came from, but it's incorrect. 

2 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

Just to clarify, we don't plan a switch of engines for Project Argo, not sure where this information came from, but it's incorrect. 

If that is the case, is there a roadmap for Project Argo?

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

If that is the case, is there a roadmap for Project Argo?

No, there is not as Project Argo is an experimental game in prototype, creating roadmap does not make sense to us :)

18 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

No, there is not as Project Argo is an experimental game in prototype, creating roadmap does not make sense to us :)

Ok - but there must me some kind of long term goal or objectives that that prototype must fulfil?