almanzo

Feedback Thread

Argo Project (Prototype) — a great alternative to other shooters. In my opinion, "Update 0.75" more harm to the project, than the in diversity.
Project Argo (Prototype) — отличная альтернатива другим шутерам. По моему мнению, «Обновление 0.75» больше навредило проекту, чем внесло разнообразия.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loadouts: Changed: Apparel/Equipment screen is turned off for now and apparel is assigned automatically based on faction.
- If I want to play in camouflage (green background better disguise), is forced to choose one faction? In CLASH mode capture points are tied to factions?  

Снаряжение: Изменено: экран одеждой/оборудование выключено и одежда автоматически назначается в зависимости от фракции.
- Если я хочу играть в камуфляже (на зелёном фоне лучше маскировка), то вынужден всегда выбирать одну фракцию? В режиме CLASH точки захвата привязаны к фракциям?
Weapon crosshair is turned off.
- The single "+" in Hardcore mode.

Перекрестие оружия выключен.
- Единственный «+» в режиме Hardcore.
Player’s stance indicator is turned off.
- Moot point. If in real life I can able to determine, how to determine in the game? Sit down\stand up and unmask yourself?

Индикатор позиции игрока выключен.
- Спорный момент. Если в реале я могу состояние определить, то как определить в игре? Сесть\встать и демаскировать себя?
Top info messages are turned off.
- Now it is necessary to frequently press "TAB". What is the meaning of all disable?

Сверху информационные сообщения отключены.
- Теперь надо чаще нажимать «TAB». Какой смысл всё отключать?
Tactical ping is turned off.
- As a player without a microphone indicate the position of the enemy? How to play players from different countries in different languages?
a) Message in the chat. At small distances (50-200m) is not true due to the loss of time.
b) Not to play in Hardcore mode.
c) Be useless to the team.

Тактический пинг выключен.
- Как игроку без микрофона указать позицию противника? Как играть игрокам из разных стран на разных языках?
а) Сообщение в чат. При малых расстояниях (50-200м) не актуально из-за потери времени.
б) Не играть в режиме Hardcore.
в) Быть бесполезным для команды.
All questions are rhetorical. The answers are not mandatory.
Result. Better turn on the "Link" and not added "Hardcore".

Все вопросы риторические. Ответы не обязательны.
Итог. Лучше бы включили режим «Link», а не добавили «Hardcore».

The most recent patch has brought a little refreshment to Argo for me which has been nice. Here are some of my thoughts on where we are.

Clash Hardcore mode:

Definitely a nice change of pace and has been very tense and enjoyable (even with the inevitable TKing that happens). I look forward to seeing where this mode goes. Some things that seem out of place for me are not being able to see your stance. It's somewhat easy to tell where you are based on how your player moves, but in practice I just use the tactical stances less on a whole so I don't get caught in an awkward sprint to shooting scenario where my guy takes an extra second to get set before I get fire back. The other main thing that sticks out for me is how the game is made to be hardcore at the surface, but most things have a workaround. No 3d marker, no problem friendlies on the map (would prefer just the uniforms to distinguish friend from foe). No timer on the screen, no problem just hit tab. I'm sure there are other areas where the hardcore nature doesn't feel hardcore but thats all I can think of at the moment. I do love the only way to see point cap is by looking at the flag, this feels like a true hardcore change.

" From the very start, we knew we wanted to keep the core settings, like damage, the same as in the "normal mode", with the intention to change how the game feels, not how it works." I understand where you guys are coming from with this one. I would just like to add my input that increased damage, or decreased health is usually a staple of hardcore mode in most games. I disagree it changes how the game works, but think it does change how the game feels. For clash the main strategy is always see the enemy before they see you. Damage wouldn't change this at all, but would make every step that much more tense, and would require better thought-out movement, and better coordinating with teammates as FF would be much more lethal.

Uniform changes. Currently the full green camo is much better than the tan shirt/black vest in terms of concealment. Obviously the outfits have to be uniform for each team and distinguishable from each other. There has to be a better balanced outfit choice though. It is a huge advantage for the green camo team (I can't remember if its Flames or Clouds).

Raid:

I don't usually play much Raid, but one thing that has been bugging me forever about the gamemode is the defusing of the objective. I understand that arming the device shouldn't stop the clock. You should plan accordingly and get to the device with enough time to arm. However defusing the device should definitely stop the game clock like capping a point in clash stops the clock when the time is under a minute. As it is now you have to start defusing the objective somewhere around the halfway mark if you want to have any chance at all. Given the objective is armed that usually means someone is in the area defending it which makes getting to the objective in that ~10 second period where you have a chance very difficult.

The removal of the red lines has been great. Those things were an eye-sore. One suggestion, which isn't really necessary but one situation brought this to mind, would be some sort of notifier for attackers that they are in/out of the zone. Defenders obviously have theirs with the screen change and the timer. I was in a situation where I thought I was outside of the box enough to eliminate fire from one of my flanks. Turns out I was wrong and a defender could come out enough to get me. Now he could have ran out and got back in those 5 seconds or I was wrong about the zone boundary. In either case it is not game breaking, just a suggestion.

Moving forward with some things I'd like to see

Spectator mode:

Simple enough. The same spectator mode we are used to in Arma. If anyone wanted to host a tournament they'd be able to quite easily with server hosting. What would be nice on top of that is a spectator mode so that game could be streamed/recorded in a way that is entertaining. Not just following the first person perspective of random participants.

"Fun" Game modes:

With the removal of link the game can get pretty stale if you play for long periods. Generally you are seeing the same faces and for US players you have to deal with a lot of fluctuation in the server population (e.g. start 1v2 grow up to 4v5, people start to leave down to 3v3, one glorious game of 5v5, people leave again end of the game is 2v2). Something that could change the pace and keep people playing with the removal of link could be the addition of simple fun gamemodes. One idea that comes to mind is a sniper mode. Somewhere out in Malden, 5v5 elimination, in a zone that spans hundreds of meters. Silly, arcadey, gamemodes like this are clearly not the direction of Argo, but they can be fun when the real battles have become stale or frustrating.

Random Gripes:

With the leaderboard addition it would be nice to see a balancing in the point system. Currently you can get 1500-2500 in a game of raid that can take anywhere from 10m-25m, where as in clash you can get the same score in 15m-60m (sometimes longer). I don't think Clash earns enough points for the amount of time that goes into it. Other point changes would be more points for capping an objective in clash, and more points in general for capturing an airdrop. Getting the airdrop has gotten a lot harder than it used to be. People realize the value of them more often now and a clash point can find itself revolving around the airdrop instead of the capture point very easily.

edit: Sergei (number one on leaderboard) used to be a great example for this. He had about 67 matches in each raid and clash at one point and had about 110,000 in each mode. Given the time invested for Raid vs Clash, it is almost certain he put in less time to get the 110,000 in Raid than he did in Clash.

Tweaking to Time to Kill and/or more consistent server restarts. I don't know exactly what the issue is here, but I see it complained about more often since the latest patch (probably due to more players). I have become used to high ping players having a layer of "ping armor." Anyone over 100ping will not usually die to a single headshot, and will almost always have a huge delay in bullet registry. You can fire half a clip, hide behind a wall, then 2 seconds later the guy will die. Alternatively you can shoot a guy in the head a couple times, start spraying the body, get killed, curse your enemy, THEN the enemy dies. This has been typical for a while now, but recently I have had hit registry issues and TTK issues with players under 100 ping. At other times the server itself has felt sluggish. Maybe more frequent server restarts? I don't really know what the issue is, just that it can get REALLY frustrating especially for US players that find they often have to play on EU due to lack of US players. I understand the limitations due to working with the Arma framework, but these kind of things can kill a competitive shooter before they get off the ground and I really like this game.

• Like 1

I've tried to see if this has been brought up before, but couldn't find it.:

The in-game voice chat, as well as the text chat, currently allows dead players to talk to players that are still alive. This leads to awkward situations, e.g.  where some "dead" teenager is screaming in my ear that an enemy is just around the corner about to kill me. It completely removes the thrill of playing a tactical game like this. It needs to be fixed.

As I understand, on hardcore the announcer does not announce when the point is being captured by the enemy. But when you got killed and spectating he does announce, so you can tell to your teammates about it. Don't know if it should be considered a bug.

Just my opinion about stance indicator: I never paid attention to it in Arma and Argo, so it was useless for me.

EDIT: it seems that announcer DO announce when the point is being captured by the enemy. I was under impression that she should not do this on hardcore.

Bug with shadows from the players.
Video is not mine, but another player. I hope he will not mind.
Note the shadows, that give the location of the players.
On my PC such no bugs. Therefore can not be repeated.

Spoiler

Предупреждение. Видео с ненормативной (нецензурной) лексикой.

11 minutes ago, UrfinJuce said:

Bug with shadows from the players.
Video is not mine, but another player. I hope he will not mind.
Note the shadows, that give the location of the players.
On my PC such no bugs. Therefore can not be repeated.

Hide contents

Предупреждение. Видео с ненормативной (нецензурной) лексикой.

You should post bugs to the feedback tracker. Check out this  Project Argo Feedback Tracker "How To" Guide

1 hour ago, Janitor Sanchez said:

You should post bugs to the feedback tracker.

1. This video is not mine. If tomorrow will be removed, on what basis do bug-report?
2. I haven't this bug. Hence, I can't repeat for a full description of the bug.
3. If someone has a bug, why keep quiet?
4. If the developers are interested in solving the problem, in video all clearly visible.

hi just downloaded the game i cant find any Sevres with any players i will appropriate the help.  

3 hours ago, rafiki76 said:

hi just downloaded the game i cant find any Servers with any players i will appreciate the help.  

In my opinion the best way to find a sever is the server browser ('Official servers' tab). However, player numbers are always pretty low, so there is a chance that not enough people were playing when you tried to find a server. Right now, there is one full Clash server, and a Mixed server is filling up slowly.

Generally you will have more problems finding many servers in US peak times. EU peak times are not that bad.

6 minutes ago, Brady_The said:

In my opinion the best way to find a sever is the server browser ('Official servers' tab). However, player numbers are always pretty low, so there is a chance that not enough people were playing when you tried to find a server. Right now, there is one full Clash server, and a Mixed server is filling up slowly.

Generally you will have more problems finding many servers in US peak times. EU peak times are not that bad.

thank you il try

Separate game format functions is fine if you are looking only for one type of game.  You then have to exit and search each different format 9currently only 2) to try another.  Make a function to just search all formats of argo at once.  Would be very handy.

2 hours ago, Seddrik said:

Separate game format functions is fine if you are looking only for one type of game.  You then have to exit and search each different format 9currently only 2) to try another.  Make a function to just search all formats of argo at once.  Would be very handy.

The Server Browser might be the tool you are looking for.

The server browser is all I ever used to join games. Open it, click players twice at the top of the list, boom all the populated servers.

I think that the notice about the respawn being available after the Clash-attackers team took an airdrop should be more noticeable to the spectating players. It seams that dead players are not paying enough attention to it and I always need to tell them about it in the chat. Some big flashing text notice in the middle of the screen maybe?

5 hours ago, UrfinJuce said:

By the way, Sanchez, you want to make a bug-report with the theme "Shadow through walls"?

The time stamp 25:25.

Reveal hidden contents

I made the suggestion, because that will get the issue looked at faster and is what the devs have repeatedly stated is the best way to post bugs. If you care enough to post here then I still suggest you post it to the feedback tracker.

Can I suggest a way to change cosmetics. This being allowing any user to pick specific clothes (civilian, fatigues, etc) or helmet/hats for each team and class.

5 hours ago, hhhtylerw said:

Can I suggest a way to change cosmetics. This being allowing any user to pick specific clothes (civilian, fatigues, etc) or helmet/hats for each team and class.

That's part of the plan for the future. There were actually uniform options not that long ago, but they were removed with the latest patch. I'm sure we'll see it again.

On 1/22/2017 at 7:11 AM, SgtCoolio said:

Great point @arsla!

I'm sure YOU hear it all the time BI..."you need to listen to your consumers"...you have a great product but you are not bursting the bubble. The next Arma series, update, etc., should look and feel the same way as Project Argo! Great graphics, great responsiveness/feel, and a minimalist UI will bring hundredths of thousands of new consumers. If you don't do it, other companies will for a fraction of the costs, and it will be too late to get it back...there is no such thing as brand loyalty in today's market.

I guess the updated looks is because of the "smaller" maps in use. I know Malden will come to Arma, but in Argo we are limited to a smaller area.
I personally like the responsiveness in Arma cause it's more "realistic", in Argo it feels more like an Call of Duty game. 

Is it possible to start every round with a weapon that has ammo?   Would it be possiblle to open a door near the edge of the AO without it forcing me outside of it.... causing the time limit to kill me? would it also be possible to Mantle or even jump these small obstacles in my way?..........  those are basic, and not hard to achieve (for some).

1 hour ago, Marcinko Jr said:

Is it possible to start every round with a weapon that has ammo?   Would it be possiblle to open a door near the edge of the AO without it forcing me outside of it.... causing the time limit to kill me? would it also be possible to Mantle or even jump these small obstacles in my way?..........  those are basic, and not hard to achieve (for some).

If you are spawned without ammo in your weapon, please report it to our feedback tracker and with any bug. Here is a simple guide : https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://feedback.bistudio.com/w/ft_argo_howto/ingamebug/ and here is the feedback tracker link : https://feedback.bistudio.com/. The vault over small obstacles was removed on purpose. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Why is there no option to invert the y axis on the controller scheme?  Like seriously, i cant aim without it.. Also, the ability to customize the keybinds on the controller would be great. Im very particular on my fps Layout.

• Like 1

Always use server browser dude, you can look for exactly what you want, and find one with good ping and good population