almanzo

Feedback Thread

Hey guys just wanna say great job with this 1st public build.. Really enjoying it and will say this has a lot of potential.. 

A couple of things iv'e noticed that would like to get a group opinion on..

1Movement Sound- Iv'e noticed my movement sound is really loud compared  other players near me , I get that yes being in 1st person I should hear myself moving around,  but iv'e had enemies within a couple feet of me and and not walking and I could barely hear anything movement wise from them.  Iv'e noticed this with my 7.1 surround headset that is boosted more, yes I sound whore for footsteps in FPS games, lol and on my 5.1 surround sound system.. 

​2: Load out Customization - I do see an equipment option grayed out so this might answer my question- Will we have the option to create custom load outs , No I don't want the complete Arma 3 weapon list but having a few options, scopes, silencers a couple different weapon options for each class, not sure if the GL comes with an option for smoke grenades but things like this ? 

3: Network Related - I pretty much always play on U.S Servers, sometimes in the early am when they're empty  i'll join a EU server with a 90-110 ping , While playing on US servers im usually sitting at a 20-30 ping and when everyone else is from the US and has a low ping the game is at its best from a network/game state but once you get a few ppl with 160-400+ yes ive had a bunch of matches with very high ping players connected is when the game starts to get really wonky, any way the servers could get a min bandwidth cap that auto kicks when these players with poor connections/internet join lobbies ? I know for some they'll complain about having teammates kicked cause of this but it would help maintain the games stability, keep the hit registration at its best, help eliminate players lagging and rubber banding all over the place.. 

With that said keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing this game grow into something special..

Dear Project Argo developers, I beg you to rework (or remove, or at least make it switchable in the options if you need it badly) this ugly bullet hit indicator. It is my only complain about the game so far. :) I may add that buildings interiors look strange sometimes and it is hard to find handy position for a sniper inside. :868:  

• Like 1

Hello,

I've been playing project argo since yesterday and found two glitches that could need fixing. It's not huge or anything except for one which is kind of game breaking for clash when defending delta objective. 

I tried posting the pictures in here but they look too large, so ill just post the links.

Near delta objective there is this old and partially destroyed building that overlooks the capture zone and if you go prone on the stairs you can see through the building.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/141130071770137954/B16B1AD6F0AC76D71855ACDE0E17FF19554B2E95/

Somehow I ended up getting a friendly kill according to the score board.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/141130071770138887/3871D8557568D629E884862E10F8122DE5451608/

I found some weird glitches at Alpha in Clash.

2 of the team painted vehicles around the objective spawned weird, and touching them caused me damage, so I'm assuming they've spawned in clipping in the ground and are vibrating really fast because of it. Here's some screenshots.

XjvPt32.jpg

HJsYoW0.jpg

cnewXBW.jpg

0UflxTd.jpg

in arma you have arm patches etc, maybe the teams can have those automaticly assigned and then remove the obvious Big orange and blue arrow/pointer for a more hardcore mode ?

edit.

in the serverbrowser you have the game type tab, but it would be nice to see a mixed server as game type rather than in the name, this way you can filter/sort the mixed server from single game servers.

Hello,

I've been playing project argo since yesterday and found two glitches that could need fixing. It's not huge or anything except for one which is kind of game breaking for clash when defending delta objective. 

I tried posting the pictures in here but they look too large, so ill just post the links.

Near delta objective there is this old and partially destroyed building that overlooks the capture zone and if you go prone on the stairs you can see through the building.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/141130071770137954/B16B1AD6F0AC76D71855ACDE0E17FF19554B2E95/

Somehow I ended up getting a friendly kill according to the score board.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/141130071770138887/3871D8557568D629E884862E10F8122DE5451608/

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback!

The second issue happens when two players kill each other. It's known issue and will be addressed in upcoming update.

• Like 1

I found some weird glitches at Alpha in Clash.

2 of the team painted vehicles around the objective spawned weird, and touching them caused me damage, so I'm assuming they've spawned in clipping in the ground and are vibrating really fast because of it. Here's some screenshots.

XjvPt32.jpg

HJsYoW0.jpg

cnewXBW.jpg

0UflxTd.jpg

Hi! 

Fist of all thanks for the feedback! :)

We known about this issue and it will be addressed in the upcoming update :)

• Like 1

Played Clash mode for 3 days and liking it so far.

Minor complains:

1) This red circle (ping, "T" button) is often not visible enough and I think there's times it's not visible at all. Also when pinging while hiding in/near a bush makes ping circle appearing on that same bush.

2) Two players killing each other happens too often.

3) Weapon sway is too small when injured.

4) Grenades are too weak.

5) An ability to change HUD elements size and appearance would be nice.

I love that there is no third person view and no zoom.

• Like 2

These are a few of my thoughts after playing the game for a week or two. I mostly play clash and i feel that is the gamemode most people are interested in.  

1: I would like the GPS to show teammates locations and the direction they are facing, it already shows the airdrop and being able to se where my teammates are would improve teamplay. Being able to set the zoom on the GPS would also be helpful

2: Ping/Spot circle needs some improvement, i would like it to be higher in visibility and also be player specific. It can sometimes be hard to distinguish the ping you are interested in. maybe different geometries for different players, so that it is easier to tell who pinged where. The ping needs to be more exact, it often gets caught on leaves and is hard to place when peaking through windows at low angles. 

3: We need the ability to make a 5 man party from steam friends and have its members play on the same team.

4: Having blue text in chat when playing in the orange team is confusing. maybe find a neutral color for chat?

5: Grenades need a buff

6: Lobby timeouts are to long, why is there a 70s timeout after a 30s cooldown?

7: To many mixed gamemode servers

In conclusion i really enjoy this game and i think it is a cool development of the arma engine. 

I hope that BI can make something successful out of the prototype and i am looking forward to being able to customize my loadout. My recommendation would be to keep adding a few new areas but also keep  the old ones as knowing the area is key to success.

• Like 2

1) This red circle (ping, "T" button) is often not visible enough and I think there's times it's not visible at all. 

Make sure you are in the same 'radio channel' as your team, side and group sometimes don't see each others pings.

• Like 1

1) New weapons
Something that would be interesting to try would be Shotguns. 
I'm pretty sure they wont be added, but its just something I thought of. They could easily be to OP, or ineffective. 
It would definitely shake up the CQC aspect of the game, and make class choice more role specific.
Also, SMGs would be an interesting addition.

2) Night time (or near dark) missions
I know that its be mentioned that its not planned, but I think it would be an interesting way to change up the missions on specific servers. 
It would be nice to try out the game modes at night, even if only specific game modes and/or on private servers.

I'm hoping for a specific hunted or 'fox and hound' mode which would be a 5 vs 1 option and it rotates who the 'one' is each round until a full rotation is achieved.

This game mode at night would be interesting. Like the 'fox' has NVG's and silencer, and the 'hounds' have flashlights or something. The 'fox' would have to collect 'intel' around a town and then reach the 'extraction zone' or something, while the 'hounds' hunt them.

Would it be possible to pull objects from Argo into Arma? I've seen some interesting props come by that'll give you some decorations for use in 3den and Zeus.

can we have a rifle with iron sights ?

(edit)

will you do a larger and different areas for the game modes ? (with more time accordingly?) or larger distances between objectives.

will you do a link version with revive rather than respawn ?

can link be done with alternating links, like move the 1a and 1b and 2 around between rounds so that you have to change your approach and don't get into knowing the enemies link sites.

can the raid defending zone be optional or widened or narrowed ? again so that the attacking force does not know the boundries and memorize the snipe and kill zones ?

can you make the defence zone invisible for attacking force ?

in clash there are pre set sites, can these be be moved around so not every match is at the same spots ?

can we have a rifle with iron sights ?

(edit)

will you do a larger and different areas for the game modes ? (with more time accordingly?) or larger distances between objectives.

will you do a link version with revive rather than respawn ?

can link be done with alternating links, like move the 1a and 1b and 2 around between rounds so that you have to change your approach and don't get into knowing the enemies link sites.

can the raid defending zone be optional or widened or narrowed ? again so that the attacking force does not know the boundries and memorize the snipe and kill zones ?

can you make the defence zone invisible for attacking force ?

in clash there are pre set sites, can these be be moved around so not every match is at the same spots ?

New locations gonna be there soon.

I would like to see this as gamemode in Arma3.

There is some fps drops during spraying.

Greetings.

Love the objectives and map design.

After the update weapon damage is somewhat satisfying, but i think it should be increased even more.

Increased ADS transition speed does add to the smoothness of the gameplay. :icon14:

Desync is still there even with low ping.

First i configured controls to match my Arma 3 configuration. (mouse sensitivity, aiming deadzone etc)

It proved to be a bad idea.

Now, i know this is exactly what you guys want to hear but, once i stopped playing the game like arma, I started winning.

Malden map looks fantastic, especially those cypress trees. Can't wait to see it in Arma3.

Best of luck with this project guys.

• Like 2

So I love the new Clash area, perfect engagement lengths so far.

For Clash though, will we ever see versions with more players per team? Maybe not 10v10, but 7v7 or 8v8 would be interesting, and allow for more splitting into 2 sections or squads and slightly more tactical gameplay, without it devolving to a clusterfuck.

• Like 1

I haven't read through much of the feedback so I apologize if something along these lines has been said already but here goes:

I actually really love this so far. My biggest problem with ArmA was its general lack of direction, which this provides in a very satisfying format. There is one thing missing that I think would bring this to a new level for me. I might be off in my own boat on this, but I have looked to ArmA to fill a hole that no other game has been able to fill since America's Army 2. No other game has really come close, and ArmA doesn't always fit the bill, but Argo has taken strides towards getting me mostly there. This (comparatively) slow paced tactical match-based game-play is a lot of fun but the one thing I find frustrating is the lack of level design. I get that the terrain is supposed to feel realistic and it lends itself well to a game like ArmA, but the maps feel like they have no real purpose in a match-type game-mode. There doesn't really seem to be much flow other than "yeah guys might come from over there, maybe?" When I look to a game like America's Army 2 there are timeless maps like Bridge Crossing, Hospital, Pipeline, etc that I think would work VERY well in this game. I'd really like this to not end up feeling like another CoD or Counter Strike, but just a tad more direction in the map design could go a long way...

I am rambling at this point, just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

New Clash area is sub-optimal.

I understand that you will use this platform to try out different ideas and different locations. I appreciate your efforts and enjoy playing PA.

However i want to be the first to voice my disappointment in the new location for clash. Le Port was a urban setting with a maze like lane layout. The new setting for clash has multiple  un-climbable ladders, doors on buildings that do not open, and is a open alpine rural area with a lot of vegetation and rocks. The latter is in my opinion is a lot less fun to play, and i really hate being forced to play a, in my opinion boring map. Please let us chose what area we want to play and please do not lock the game to a single area at a time.  

• Like 1

Bring the old link map back, new link map is just horrible. Link was the only game mode that you actually needed good team work to win and was the most fun to play.

New Clash area is sub-optimal.

I understand that you will use this platform to try out different ideas and different locations. I appreciate your efforts and enjoy playing PA.

However i want to be the first to voice my disappointment in the new location for clash. Le Port was a urban setting with a maze like lane layout. The new setting for clash has multiple  un-climbable ladders, doors on buildings that do not open, and is a open alpine rural area with a lot of vegetation and rocks. The latter is in my opinion is a lot less fun to play, and i really hate being forced to play a, in my opinion boring map. Please let us chose what area we want to play and please do not lock the game to a single area at a time.  

Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback, for now we will only have one location at the time available, but you can look forwards to having updates with new location every 1-2 weeks, so hopefully you will not be forced to play the location you dont like for too long :)

Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback, for now we will only have one location at the time available, but you can look forwards to having updates with new location every 1-2 weeks, so hopefully you will not be forced to play the location you dont like for too long :)

Is that the way it is going to stay?

I like learning the areas and reaping the benefits of knowing the battleground. I the game is going to switch areas once every 1-2 weeks with no possibility of playing old areas it ruins a big part of the fun for me.

And what is up with all the blocked doors and ladders. I see a silo on delta and i want to go up on it, but the ladder is disabled for some stupid reason, also the bunker on foxtrot ( i think) is locked and inaccessible. Why? Did we lose the keys? Did HQ call and say that we have to play outside? Who locked the mud brick building on echo? I understand that you are trying to balance the map in some way, but please let us decide where to go.

Furthermore the weapons and scopes seem to be a particularly haphazard choice this time around. Why does the machine-gunner have the MCRO? It blocks way to much of his view when zoomed to 1.5x.

Marksman is almost useless as you have 6.5mm and 7.62mm which only seem to be effective at ranges <200m. If i was sniping and trying to hit a difficult shot, would i not opt for a caliber that is going to have some knockdown when/if the round connects? 

I feel that you have on this map increased the range of most engagements but at the same time you have decreased the effective range of a lot of the guns. I hope to se some actually useful classes in the future or at least the possibility to let the players decide what weapons to use.

• Like 1

Is that the way it is going to stay?

I like learning the areas and reaping the benefits of knowing the battleground. I the game is going to switch areas once every 1-2 weeks with no possibility of playing old areas it ruins a big part of the fun for me.

And what is up with all the blocked doors and ladders. I see a silo on delta and i want to go up on it, but the ladder is disabled for some stupid reason, also the bunker on foxtrot ( i think) is locked and inaccessible. Why? Did we lose the keys? Did HQ call and say that we have to play outside? Who locked the mud brick building on echo? I understand that you are trying to balance the map in some way, but please let us decide where to go.

Furthermore the weapons and scopes seem to be a particularly haphazard choice this time around. Why does the machine-gunner have the MCRO? It blocks way to much of his view when zoomed to 1.5x.

Marksman is almost useless as you have 6.5mm and 7.62mm which only seem to be effective at ranges <200m. If i was sniping and trying to hit a difficult shot, would i not opt for a caliber that is going to have some knockdown when/if the round connects? 

I feel that you have on this map increased the range of most engagements but at the same time you have decreased the effective range of a lot of the guns. I hope to se some actually useful classes in the future or at least the possibility to let the players decide what weapons to use.

Hi,

For now yes, that is how we want to approach the game, but don't worry the locations are not getting discarded on the contrary, we switch them so we can iterate upon them and bring back their better version. After all Project Argo is an experimental game and should be taken as one :) We hope to gather as much clear feedback and data for the locations one at the time.

Some of the models are inacessible by default and are used in the places where we believe they are suitable, of course we will take what you are saying into account and hopefully make the locations both balanced and immersive to play in.

Thanks for all the feedback, it will definetly be forwarded. With every feedback you provide you get us and the game to being better :)