almanzo

Feedback Thread

Am I going insane or has a magic forum fairy combined all the feedback forums into one nice manageable thread? Because not 10 minutes ago I was on the forum and saw about 4 seperate threads?

• Like 1

Totally agree with Rich, I for one and pumped to see where this leads. :) downloading now, if i can ever figure out how to add it to my steam library lol

Did you work it out?

Am I going insane or has a magic forum fairy combined all the feedback forums into one nice manageable thread? Because not 10 minutes ago I was on the forum and saw about 4 seperate threads?

Yes, many separate feedback threads are now in this one thread. Some of the first few pages may be a little tough to read in the correct order, however moving forward it will be more clear/focused. 

• Like 2

Hi peegee, could you please share a screenshot with us so we can check it? The picture of HUD will work best, thanks! :)

Finally got good screencap- Second picture also shows some bizarre bug during hit animation as my weapon is pointing at myself briefly. Note that GPS position is kinda odd

33528D6A61FF0B05C2C881F11173983D846650FA9C1F91E606D742D6395B6A9570774ACD663D13D4

Did you work it out?

You did login to the BIS Store and add to your steam library from your purchases section.

Sorry for overly large images. I was supposed to add an example HUD image, but somehow Steam overlay does not work with Arma 3 anymore for me.

Anyway the HUD could be smaller in size and the gps position is covering less of the screen http://i.imgur.com/VCoqIhj.jpg

hi, i installed project Argo.But when im starting the game i wont start.nothing happens.only showing in the task manager process.can u please give me a solution?.

thank you

Same for me. Yesterday I could play it and today it doesn't start. Do you have any workaround found yet?

Not sure if it has been mentioned:

• Make the automatic respawn option a regular and simple CHECKBOX-----to have a "play" little triangle is confusing, I never know when it is turned on or off....
  • What is the "I'm ready" button for?  It doesn't seem to do anything....I just spam it for the fun of it....
  • Once you are past the "I'm ready" button screen, another screen shows "waiting for players"...???????...what for?  we were already in a lobby!!!!!   We either wait in the lobby or start the game.....that simple......   oh....and by the way, another button shows up "continue"....what for?????   The first time I was just sitting on that white screen until I noticed the "continue" button......it serves no purpose in my opinion (as I already was in a lobby and already spammed the "I'm ready" button)
  • Somehow, after I decide to cancel a mission (normally when I'm tired of useless grenades, or the guy killing with headshots in every situation), there is one point where the screen changes to the one shown when the game is about to start ----even when I'm trying to exit----
  • Like 3

Really amazing game, thank you for releasing this 'prototype' for free, it's a lot of fun and I am sure it will be even more given the comments I see in the forums.
Looking forward to seeing more content (weapons, locations, etc) soon!

I would like to ask why does it look sooooo much better than Arma 3?

What I would really like to see is Arma 3 looking this good.

Thanks!

• Like 5

Same for me. Yesterday I could play it and today it doesn't start. Do you have any workaround found yet?

Nvm restarting steam fixed it.

It does have problems with overall smoothness, but it's a prototype that can change to account for that.

Most of the clunkyness is part of the arma engine, I'm not sure how much can be improved as it has been the same all through Arma 2 and now 3 (the step to 3 was a HUUUGE improvement though).

I love the fact that it still retains a decent amount of ARMA's qualities, like the importance of team tactics over running around by yourself and careful positioning rather than spray-and-pray approaches, 

I disagree, most fights have focused much more on running around and spraying and praying. When you can take a few rounds and keep going there is no reason to be cautious and tactical, just charge in there and shoot back. If Arma's damage model was used no one would do this as they'd die far too quickly.

I think the health and damage are fine, since it promotes tracking and firing

Tracking and firing is only required when your enemy is strafing full speed while firing at you which is silly and not at all tactical. The extra health promotes this as a viable strategy because they can take a few rounds. You can't have a damage model that takes so many rounds and cautious tactical play because there is no reason to be cautious. There is a reason people play tactically and as part of a team in Arma. If they don't they'll die very quickly. That's not the case at the moment in Argo.

Hello,

I'm an old player since OFP.

And I think that this project is really cool.

It is a good platform:

to convert COD or CS... friends to Project Argo and finally to ARMA.

or if the player have only little time to play.

or for e-sport.

A long time ago I have played BF2 in a clan (competition) and love it.

In 2007 I have made a little game mod who mixed ARMA and BF2 with some tactics add on (class system, take points in order, a respawn vehicle per team, respawn on leader,IA control to help to guard some point...)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/51780-3-missions-bf2-gameplay-ch-30-player/

This mod was appreciated by my clan.

This new game with the new game-play (movements) can be good for this type of game mod.

Wishlist for the futures new games mods :

Larger zone

Vehicle (--> RPG my love)

IA controlled by players (simple)

More than 5 players

Good job devs !

• Like 4

In raid gamemode, there is a scaffolding to access a roof. This structure is a bit bugged, players can easily be stuck and without vaulting it can create issues.

Vaulting is also missing in clash gamemode, to capture the flag between two buildings, one of them being in construction. The other one as sand bag which prevent you from quickly go out.

Aside of this, the "show score" key is in toggle mode. Wouldn't it be better in "keep pressing" mode? And I still can't display score while being on the respawn menu.

Also, do you take features/content requests?

Hi there

It is good that Argo is somewhat different and promises a lot in the future, so I like the implied idea of a fast paced yet somewhat more realistic FPS.

and now to the point

Fast should mean fast and that is not the experience that I got

1 Firstly all the waiting should disappear

-looooooading in ten different screens and choosing servers and even pushing a respawn button

- then waiting for some dumbfuck to choose his team and the exact spot in the team- this should be automated and if someone wants to choose his team to do so in a limited timeframe while the rest should be assigned randomly at the end of the time

-and then some more waiting because somebody went afk and nobody knows where he is , and on top of it defending team cant exit and shoot him because they are killed by some phantom forcefield

= all of the loading and team shuffling and starting the game should happen in 10-15 seconds ideally with a maximum of 20-25 otherwise it is so boring that people will leave and I know it from playing arma 2 PVP - on every map change when the admin is a bit too slow people just leave and sometimes they dont wait even 10 seconds

2 when the player is dead it is good to have some options for viewing

- the map in freeflight in order to learn it

- view the battle from the position of the enemy

and maybe some stats

that is for now from me. Keep up the good work.

PS. If it is interesting for you as developers you can come to arma2.ru PVP server and observe and participate in some games there - it will definitely help you in not reinventing the wheel again :)

I've just noticed in the update thread that the default fire mode has been changed to auto.  Can I ask why?  The standard solider will have his rifle set to single shot as default, all shots are aimed shots.  Auto is only ever used for room clearance when going through a door way and clearing the room of anything alive.  

Source: 10 years Army service.

Decided to do not install this mod "game" because of install size - 14,3 Gb for something, very reminding of "King of the Hill" mission for A3 (and non-fact it is better, sorry).

And Bohemia is lost a mind or something, to make ArmA 3 engine downloadable for free?..

I cant see any resemblance of KOTH in here...  If you don't like this game don't download it that is fine, but there is no need to go online and tell people that.  Some people are never happy.

• Like 3

-First need small map we don't need island make small please.

-Quickplay with friends not server browsing.It's like queue find game.

-Capture points open land and we are targeted too easy make them cover position and limitation map because everyone camping mountains.

-View distance setting game running smootly but when I look Island my FPS drop.(Or small map :D)

-Make class limitation, I don't wanna see my team all sniper OMG.

-And last make this game different not like Arma keep it casual arcade style.

Thanks a lot this game I really enjoy.

PS: Keep free to play or gift them Arma III owners please :)

• Like 1

I'm wondering what identity Project Argo is supposed to have. Devs did probably discuss it on their side, but on player's side I've some questions.

Who is supposed to play this game?

Project Argo is basically Arma in run'n'gun mode. But which players is this supposed to attract? It might be hard to play without knowing Arma and the way Arma is meant to be played, so it may be hard for newcomers to understand the game. On the other hand, a part of Arma 'milsim' players won't enjoy a more 'casual' gameplay with simplified mechanics. For now, people playing it are mainly Arma players, and maybe people who just envoy free games. What kind of community is Project Argo supposed to have?

Is Arma a good base for competitive?

IMHO, a good competitive game must be simple to understand, but hard to master. There must not be place for random things and the gameplay must respect a very limited frame. CSGO is a good example, there is a limited amount of tactics to attack or defend, a limited set of sniper lines, weapons have a constant spray pattern...//end IMHO

Arma on its side is made of a lot of mechanics supposed to reproduce reality (ballistic, stamina, damage models, stances,...), which are complicated to understand or learn precisely. Players can hide almost anywhere by being laid in the grass under a tree, enemies can come from anywhere around you, hide in any building... Example : if all five players defending a place hide in several buildings, players attacking will have a hard time to understand that they're hiding, where they're hidden, how to manage them without being exposed. And in the meantime, we can assume that a part of them is already dead. A whole team can be decimated by a single sniper/marksmen who is too far and too hidden to be physically able to locate him.

Above that, Arma's low perfs and recurrent freeze make it hard to understand from where you're being shoot, or to understand where your bullets are going (the game freeze when you turning to face the enemies so it's hard to locate him, then the game freeze when you start shooting back...).

Are there plans to let player have a better understanding of what happen, or is the game supposed to keep this part in common with Arma 3 (where it's legitimate)?

Aren't Arma and Project Argo too close?

For now someone who see pictures or gameplay of project Argo will basically think of an Arma 3 gamemode, and it's not sure that it will change in the future. Couldn't Project Argo be a regular gamemode for Arma 3? What has been achieved in Argo that can't be done has a mod for Arma? (It's an actual question, not a sassy comment).

Are there plans to make Argo and Arma more different, or will they remain close of each other? Is Argo supposed to remain the competitive version of Arma, or will they be considerably different licenses?

Do you also have questions about what Project Argo is supposed to be?

I hope we will be able to discuss that, and that devs will be able to address some of the issues mentioned here.

Obviously sounding like a Arma 3 vulture ready to pluck jucy morsels from this project. But I would donate you guys $60 if it met getting that unarmed Marid and some other unarmed apcs in.

I managed to dig my notes up earlier and had a few more highlights. The first one I noticed is the double doors sadly they have always been clunky for Arma 3. I have a few suggestions.

1. Make it so they interact and open at the same time, meaning only just one interaction prompt.
2. Just decide to keep them open and remove their interaction options.

Had a little play earlier....highly enjoyable gamemodes, happy to paricipate in this "test" while it's available.

• Like 3

Good points.

I see Project Argo as something what I've been looking for for ages. Now it's for me something like dream come true.

My opinion is that Project Argo is competitive (in the future maybe progaming) realistic FPS game. There are plenty of first person shooters but this one can stand above them because of its milsim approach.

(I know, at the moment player with "heavy vest" dies after taking a half of the magazine, but I believe they will change that soon.)

• Like 1

Fast should mean fast and that is not the experience that I got

1 Firstly all the waiting should disappear

-looooooading in ten different screens and choosing servers and even pushing a respawn button

- then waiting for some dumbfuck to choose his team and the exact spot in the team- this should be automated and if someone wants to choose his team to do so in a limited timeframe while the rest should be assigned randomly at the end of the time

-and then some more waiting because somebody went afk and nobody knows where he is , and on top of it defending team cant exit and shoot him because they are killed by some phantom forcefield

= all of the loading and team shuffling and starting the game should happen in 10-15 seconds ideally with a maximum of 20-25 otherwise it is so boring that people will leave and I know it from playing arma 2 PVP - on every map change when the admin is a bit too slow people just leave and sometimes they dont wait even 10 seconds

2 when the player is dead it is good to have some options for viewing

- the map in freeflight in order to learn it

- view the battle from the position of the enemy

and maybe some stats

1) Hey, it's not perfect but it works and now we should focus on actual gameplay in my opinion. The UI can wait for now.

2) This is nonsense. If you could freeflight the map you can easily tell your mates enemy positions. Doesn't make sense. However if you would like to learn the map you can just hit the "Host server" button and go explore the map on your own. (Devs said that stats and leaderboards are coming in the future.)

-First need small map we don't need island make small please.

-Quickplay with friends not server browsing.It's like queue find game.

-Capture points open land and we are targeted too easy make them cover position and limitation map because everyone camping mountains.

-View distance setting game running smootly but when I look Island my FPS drop.(Or small map :D)

-Make class limitation, I don't wanna see my team all sniper OMG.

-And last make this game different not like Arma keep it casual arcade style.

• Whole island because there is going to be more locations to play at.
  • As I said, the UI isn't the priority now in my opinion.
  • All sniper lol. There always be noobs.  :)  (In the other hand there can be a well coordinated team with the tactic full marksmen, so I wouldn't limitate that...)
  • And at the last point I strongly disagree with you. There are plenty of arcade FPS games out there. Finally one that is quite realistic. I really like the idea and I think this game meant to be like competitive (eSports?) conversion of milsim Arma.
  • Like 1

I think they're trying to get players who enjoy the sorta middle ground between games like ARMA and Battlefield (like Insurgency). I only played around with ARMA 2 abit and that was mostly just in the scenario edit but I can say I didn't have much trouble picking up the game that could just be from experience from other games though.

I do feel like one of the main problems Argo might face is performance. I think that's what really helped games like CSGO set off (Low bar of entry, doesn't cost much, almost anyone can run it) but we all know that ARMA hasn't really ever been known for it's smooth performance.