D3F3CT3D

Importing CUP - Core Help.

How do i properly import CUP - Core Objects with the Required Addon Text in the main config.

cup core - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583496184

I put it in P/CUP/ Rocks like in the picture , loaded up buldozer and it sais " error cannot place object "

Second:  For this mod as a requirement where do i put the RequiredAddons text correctly on the Config file?

is it like this ?

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F","A3_Roads_F","A3_Structures_F","A3_Map_Data"}; 

but instead to this?

requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F","A3_Roads_F","A3_Structures_F","A3_Map_Data","P:\cup"};

55e14bc2b90e42619d8a994059e3e783.png

Edited by D3F3CT3D

You don't use CUP for placing objects on terrains. Use the A1/A2 objects provided by BI for your work in TB. CUP will then replace them ingame.

Same for requiredAddons, it should look like you are refering the Arma1/2 pbos, not CUP explicitly.

• Like 1

You don't use CUP for placing objects on terrains. Use the A1/A2 objects provided by BI for your work in TB. CUP will then replace them ingame.

Same for requiredAddons, it should look like you are refering the Arma1/2 pbos, not CUP explicitly.

Oh , Do you have a link detailing the process? or explain how it is setup inside the folder like CA> right? not sure to importing objects but I can download arma2 from steam etc.

You can get the MLODs (raw p3ds) here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack

Select the packages with the terrain stuff. You don't need to unpack anything.

When you encounter duplication, use newer A2 stuff. If you need textures in buldozer, you have to unpack A1/A2 pbos and move the data-folders with the textures over to your P: drive.

If in doubt search for Jakerods ATLAS tutorial.

• Like 1

You can get the MLODs (raw p3ds) here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack

When you encounter duplication, use newer A2 stuff. If you need textures in buldozer, you have to unpack A1/A2 pbos and move the data-folders with the textures over to your P: drive.

So I want to use the Takistan buildings and im currently downloading these two . _*  Will i still need arma 2 files?

I would then just move these file to P drive and have a run with buldozer change the required addons inside config.cpp to something? like i said any information would be great.

Fixed it , folder structure is wrong , its P/  CA > structures_e

Now to fix Missing textures...

Folder structure  >    

P:\structures_e\ca\structures_e

8e76247ad25f4ebf81875076a526f80f.png

c1865eb0011e418fa8f70b2de03c8a02.png

e29528970b1244c889cb8678d4a11f82.png

I think that the file structure should be:

P:\ca\structures_e
  • Like 1

If you don't have to unpack, what does the folder structure on the P:\ look like? Do I just put all the .pbo's in the CA folder? Or do I have to make ca\NameOfPbo\pboname.pbo?

Also doesn't CUP have cwc objects now? Do you just do same thing with them as well?

If you don't have to unpack, what does the folder structure on the P:\ look like? Do I just put all the .pbo's in the CA folder? Or do I have to make ca\NameOfPbo\pboname.pbo?

Also doesn't CUP have cwc objects now? Do you just do same thing with them as well?

Actually im using CUP - Core - Thanks to BludClot & Cring0 , all you have to do is place the files in P>CA>"Structures" and it comes with textures. Much better.

Actually im using CUP - Core - Thanks to BludClot & Cring0 , all you have to do is place the files in P>CA>"Structures" and it comes with textures. Much better.

Yeah but that's not how your meant to do it, as I've had a couple of problems with it. I've got a thread a couple down from this one, where I'm having trouble with missing class land. So I would really like to know the correct way of setting up the BIS files, but keep access to all the objects in CUP. As it seems if you use the BIS files it overwrites some files etc.

Yeah but that's not how your meant to do it, as I've had a couple of problems with it. I've got a thread a couple down from this one, where I'm having trouble with missing class land. So I would really like to know the correct way of setting up the BIS files, but keep access to all the objects in CUP. As it seems if you use the BIS files it overwrites some files etc.

I got that same error , but its only for buldozer and to me that is not a problem , i got all objects ingame with cup-core and the custom terrain checked.

edit ; i see your getting different erros then i mentioned , class errors... are you using the latest cup - core ? it works fine and maybe your config.cpp is the culprit.. you shouldnt have to change any classe's

I got that same error , but its only for buldozer and to me that is not a problem , i got all objects ingame with cup-core and the custom terrain checked.

edit ; i see your getting different erros then i mentioned , class errors... are you using the latest cup - core ? it works fine and maybe your config.cpp is the culprit.. you shouldnt have to change any classe's

Yep using latest version, it only happens on some objects. I've removed them objects and the map is building fine now, but It's going to be a pain if I use one in the future or a new object has same problem. Hopefully I can find a fix

Yep using latest version, it only happens on some objects. I've removed them objects and the map is building fine now, but It's going to be a pain if I use one in the future or a new object has same problem. Hopefully I can find a fix

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/The_Land_xx_class

4c8ad8e5d0144d11bb61d6fe02dd3c27.png

but im still getting errors too..

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/The_Land_xx_class

but im still getting errors too..

You getting same errors? I'm going to try swapping the CUP files for the BIS one's, but I don't think it will work as they share the same file names so you're going to lose access to stuff.

I guess the only other way, is to copy over the items to there own mod folder and rename them etc

You getting same errors? I'm going to try swapping the CUP files for the BIS one's, but I don't think it will work as they share the same file names so you're going to lose access to stuff.

I guess the only other way, is to copy over the items to there own mod folder and rename them etc

Edit: Got it working There is no // at the end , With the Config under CA/Structures you have to make the brackets like this code below and it should be working , Near the end code. ---- ITS WEIRD because the Original code comes with  //}; which is incorrect for packing...

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//DeRap: Produced from mikero's Dos Tools Dll version 5.66

//'now' is Fri Nov 04 04:02:38 2016 : 'file' last modified on Thu Nov 03 03:34:01 2016

//http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/mikero-pbodll

#define _ARMA_

//Class cup_terrains_ca_structures : config.bin{

class CfgPatches

{

class CUP_Structures_Data

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {};

class house; // almost always

class land_a_fuelstation_build:house

{

model=\ca\structures\House\A_FuelStation\A_FuelStation_Build.p3d;

};

};

};

For me Addonbuilder packing the buildings fine without adding class names, but it wont pack/show the dam roads.

- - -

its an easy fix but its manual from what i learnt , you should try the following:

your wrp config, ie main config in the project folder add this near top where it has blank cfgvehicles, and cfgworlds

:::replace the names with your models

class cfgVehicles

{

class house;

class land_a_fuelstation_build: house

{

model = "\ca\structures\house\a_fuelstation\a_fuelstation_build.p3d";

};

};

and for  P / ca / structures / config.cpp  ::: you add some more lines like this

//DeRap: Produced from mikero's Dos Tools Dll version 5.66

//'now' is Fri Nov 04 04:02:38 2016 : 'file' last modified on Thu Nov 03 03:34:01 2016

//http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/mikero-pbodll

#define _ARMA_

//Class cup_terrains_ca_structures : config.bin{

class CfgPatches

{

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {};

class land_a_fuelstation_build:house

{

};

};

//};           <---remove //

:::::::Although something with the brackets at the bottom of this last part is messing me up and i cant progress.

and add as many as you need

class cfgVehicles
{
	class House_F;
	class land_WW2_Countryside_house_1_damaged: House_F
	{
		model = "\ww2\terrains_m\structures\buildings_m\ww2_countryside_house_1_damaged.p3d";
    };
	class land_WW2_Apteka_ruins: House_F
	{
		model = "\ww2\terrains_m\structures\buildings_m\ww2_apteka_ruins.p3d";
    };
	class land_Castle_01_tower_F: House_F
	{
		model = "\a3\structures_f\Dominants\Castle\Castle_01_tower_F.p3d";
	};
	class land_Slum_House01_F: House_F
	{
		model = "\a3\structures_f\households\slum\Slum_House01_F.p3d";
	};
	class land_Stone_HouseBig_V1_ruins_F: House_F
	{
		model = "\a3\structures_f\households\stone_big\Stone_HouseBig_V1_ruins_F.p3d";
	};
	class land_Cmp_Hopper_F: House_F
	{
		model = "\a3\structures_f\ind\ConcreteMixingPlant\cmp_Hopper_F.p3d";
	};

Still not working, added it to both files

config.cpp

class CfgVehicles
{
	class House_F;
	class land_garbage_metal: House_F
	{
		model = "\ca\misc\garbage_metal.p3d";
    };
};
class CfgWorlds

config in ca\misc

class CfgPatches
{
	class CAMisc
	{
		units[] = {"BarrelBase","Barrels","Barrel1","Barrel2","Barrel3","Barrel4","Camera1","Computer","TVStudio","Radio","PaletaBase","Paleta1","Paleta2","JeepWreck1","JeepWreck2","JeepWreck3","M113Wreck","BMP2Wreck","UralWreck","datsun01Wreck","datsun02Wreck","hiluxWreck","Body","misc01","Vysilacka","WallMap","Vec03","Land_vez_ropa","FlagCarrier","FlagCarrierWest","FlagCarrierEast","Fire","FireLit","TargetE","garbage_metal"};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"CAData","CAUI"};
			class House;
			class land_garbage_metal: House
			{
			};
	};
};

Still getting error

all found
 checking config.cpp's for land_xx...
   missing class land_garbage_metal:house
   missing class land_garaz_bez_tanku:house
   plus more

Think I might just switch to A3 objects at this rate

class land_garbage_metal: House*_F* ????

House and House_F are two different Folders, Try matching them up first.  and for Configs.cpp I need to know which config / directory it is in to make sense of it atm. +   follow this config layout

class CfgPatches
{
    {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
        requiredAddons[] = {};
    class land_a_fuelstation_build:house //////replace to yours
    {
    };
    };
};

And to go with that you need to in addition add another line under class cfg vehicles to your main project config.cpp p:/yourproject/config.cpp

class cfgVehicles
{
    class house;
    class land_a_fuelstation_build: house
    {
        model = "\ca\structures\house\a_fuelstation\a_fuelstation_build.p3d";
    };
};

Changed it to :house still same thing

My map config.cpp

class CfgVehicles
{
class House;
{
};
};
class CfgWorlds
{
class CAWorld;

\ca\misc\config.cpp

class CfgPatches
{
class CAMisc
{
units[] = {"BarrelBase","Barrels","Barrel1","Barrel2","Barrel3","Barrel4","Camera1","Computer","TVStudio","Radio","PaletaBase","Paleta1","Paleta2","JeepWreck1","JeepWreck2","JeepWreck3","M113Wreck","BMP2Wreck","UralWreck","datsun01Wreck","datsun02Wreck","hiluxWreck","Body","misc01","Vysilacka","WallMap","Vec03","Land_vez_ropa","FlagCarrier","FlagCarrierWest","FlagCarrierEast","Fire","FireLit","TargetE","garbage_metal"};
weapons[] = {};
requiredVersion = 0.1;
requiredAddons[] = {"CAData","CAUI"};
class House;
{
};
};
};

I'm using the BIS files, as that's what NeoArmageddon and others have said to use.