Sign in to follow this  
Di Rienzo

Low GPU/CPU Utilization? Low FPS ?

Good evening.  I play both Arma 3 and Dayz SA at 100 + fps most of the time. 

I've been playing and LOVE Argo but for some reason it doesn't utilize 100% of my gpu or cpu and I end up with only around 60-70fps. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? 

I've got an i7 4690k @ 4.4ghz

a gtx 970 at 1370/8000

and 32gb of ram. 

I've edited my .cfg file to change the viewdistance to 2000, scene complexity to 1 000 000 and maxframed ahead to 1 but haven't seen any noticeable difference in usage. 

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks

Try checking NVIDIA's contol panel. If you have an integrated GPU this game defaults to that.

Not sure exactly what you are seeing in-game but for me I had a relatively high FPS but a very sluggish game, mouse movement, key input etc.. I set it to use the NVIDIA card now it's silky smooth.

If this is the case, once in NVIDIA's control panel, go to Program Settings, select the Project Argo exe and then just change the GPU. (apologies if you know how to do that, just figured I'd explain to save time if you didn't).

Hello guys, for first sorry for my bad english, its not my natural language. I have big problem, i download Project Argo via steam, and i cannot start it. I launch game, but nothing happend. I have in Task manager Argo (32 bits) but game doesnt start...do you can help me please someone?

Hello guys, for first sorry for my bad english, its not my natural language. I have big problem, i download Project Argo via steam, and i cannot start it. I launch game, but nothing happend. I have in Task manager Argo (32 bits) but game doesnt start...do you can help me please someone?

I fixed it, restart pc and steam help me :) sorry...

• Like 1

Try checking NVIDIA's contol panel. If you have an integrated GPU this game defaults to that.

Not sure exactly what you are seeing in-game but for me I had a relatively high FPS but a very sluggish game, mouse movement, key input etc.. I set it to use the NVIDIA card now it's silky smooth.

If this is the case, once in NVIDIA's control panel, go to Program Settings, select the Project Argo exe and then just change the GPU. (apologies if you know how to do that, just figured I'd explain to save time if you didn't).

I have my IGPU disabled. My GPU hovers around 42% - 70% usage and my cpu from 40% - 66%. 

Is there more optimization to come because there is plenty of headroom left untapped.

Good evening.  I play both Arma 3 and Dayz SA at 100 + fps most of the time. 

I've been playing and LOVE Argo but for some reason it doesn't utilize 100% of my gpu or cpu and I end up with only around 60-70fps. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? 

I've got an i7 4690k @ 4.4ghz

a gtx 970 at 1370/8000

and 32gb of ram. 

I've edited my .cfg file to change the viewdistance to 2000, scene complexity to 1 000 000 and maxframed ahead to 1 but haven't seen any noticeable difference in usage. 

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks

how did you change the view distance ive looked at the .cfg file cant see it anywhere

how did you change the view distance ive looked at the .cfg file cant see it anywhere

The file is in the same location as the .cfg. It's titled "your_windows_username.ArgoProfile", edit it with notepad

viewDistance=1000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1000;

these are the parameters you're looking for

6sKvroL

• Like 1

Hi, 

instead of creating a new topic I will infiltrate this one and expose my problem. 

I think the system requirements are misleading or I'm doing something wrong.

The minimum requirements are: 

Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz - Check. I have an Intel Quad-core 2.4 GHz ( I7 3630QM but reaches 3.40Ghz)

Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Check. Also GPU Nvidia 635M 2GB.

RAM 4 GB  - Check. I have 6GB

Now, looking at the recommend requirements:

Intel Core i5-4460 - I did a comparison and they are pretty much similar. 

GPU - Here's where I did not meet the requirement.

RAM 6 GB - Check. 

I ran the game with Intel HD 4000, all settings set to low and no one in the server and it reaches ~37 frames per second.

Then, I ran the game with dedicated GPU with the same parameters as above and only reach ~40 frames per second. 

GPU was with 99% load and 20% CPU.

Shouldn't I be able to get a lot more? I expected to run at least steady 60fps with all in low. 

I have a similar problem. GPU and CPU usage seem to cap out at 40 or 50 percent giving me about 30fps even on low settings. I'm using a 1070 and an overclocked 2500k