johnnyboy

JBOY Turbo Chicken [Updated to V1.2]

This is working excellently. 

Most excellent to hear!  Please post a link here if you publish a mission or video using it.  Thanks.

That could be cool some mission where you must infiltrate a insurgent camp and they can hear the chickens and other animals noises if you are not quiet enought :)

Johnnyboy

Thanks for this script,are you planning to add this for goats and sheep?

Johnnyboy

Thanks for this script,are you planning to add this for goats and sheep?

Eventually.  I'd like goats and sheep to scatter when approached.  I'm also thinking of a flock script where they move together through an array of positions.

• Like 2

Eventually.  I'd like goats and sheep to scatter when approached.  I'm also thinking of a flock script where they move together through an array of positions.

This would be most welcome, especially for survival mods that rely on hunting animals, at the moment default animal behaviour makes "hunting" more like a turkey shoot. Bring it on JBOY!

• Like 1

Here's my New Year's gift to the community:  V1.2 Released.  Download updated in original post above.  Changes are:

• Moving vehicles now scatter chickens and rabbits.
  • Men crawling can creep up within about a meter of chickens before they fly and make noise.  That should make for more interesting tactical situations.  Standing or crouched men still scatter chickens at about 8 meters.

Happy New Years my friends!:drinking2:

• Like 3

I've never seen a flock of chicken "explode" so big when being approached. Maybe you should tune it down a little bit. :> Usually they are more running away than flying, too.

True, but the demo is over the top anyway (too many birds, too close together).  Anyone using this can dial it up or down by changing bird velocity, distance from intruder to trigger flight, etc.  Since we have no other birds to work with, I plan on using them as more than just "farm chickens".  For example,  startling player when they near a flock of birds in the jungle.

dear jboy, may i have only the sounds for chickens and the crows please? i cant find any anywhere.

2 hours ago, Caluu66x said:

dear jboy, may i have only the sounds for chickens and the crows please? i cant find any anywhere.

No problemo, Caluu.  Just download mission zip file in OP.  You will find the sound files in this directory:  JBOY\Sound

On 1/2/2017 at 4:03 PM, johnnyboy said:

True, but the demo is over the top anyway (too many birds, too close together).  Anyone using this can dial it up or down by changing bird velocity, distance from intruder to trigger flight, etc.  Since we have no other birds to work with, I plan on using them as more than just "farm chickens".  For example,  startling player when they near a flock of birds in the jungle.

On 1/2/2017 at 4:16 PM, killzone_kid said:

Cockerels could be mega aggressive you should make them attack people

Oh hell yeah keep them over the top -its the Dreaded Tanoan Chicken man - known to f**k people the cl**k up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

No problemo, Caluu.  Just download mission zip file in OP.  You will find the sound files in this directory:  JBOY\Sound

thanks bro

• Like 1

2 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Oh hell yeah keep them over the top -its the Dreaded Tanoan Chicken man - known to f**k people the cl**k up

Now that's my kind of attitude!

JBOY Turbo Chicken is featured in my new mission Last Tango in Tanoa 2: Razing Cane.  The mission has a bird shooting contest (using shotguns loaded with buckshot) between the player and AI character El Cojon.  It works quite well...just like shooting pheasants.  The farther away the birds are, the further you have to lead them when shooting.  The contest is legit, as Hit Eventhandlers are running on the birds, so when hit the mission knows who the shooter was, and increments the score of the shooter properly.

You see a little example of the bird shooting in this teaser video for the mission.  Try it out.  Its pretty fun to shoot birds on the wing!

Mission Steam link here.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2016 at 11:54 PM, johnnyboy said:

"Poof-of-feathers" effect occurs when damaged.

:)))))

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

:)))))

Take a few minutes to give my new mission a try and see it in action.   After a few minutes opening scene, you will then be at a farm in a shooting contest with AI character El Cojon.   You will see how the chickens take off when a dog or person gets too near, hear the wing flutter, and see how much fun it is to shoot them on the wing (poof effect and all).

Another good use for these chickens in your case might be to find good bush cover position (thru some algorithm) near a camp, and stick a solitary chicken or two in the bush.  When player approaches using cover and comes near, chicken flies and startles player.  

I think I need to modify this script to look for AI that are near chickens (and therefore "chicken friendly") when the script starts and assign that array of chicken friends to a chicken specific variable.  Then modify the code where chicken is startled and flies to identify who it was that startled the chicken.  The chicken friendly units should then all look in direction of chicken if close enough to hear the flutter.   This would increase chance of AI detecting enemy based on chicken alarm.

• Like 1

i am hooked, lets get this done;)

Chicken alarm system:

sounds great, and doable indeed, we could also add a chance that random AI from the camp get the chickens position and receive a move in combat behaviour waypoint there, to check out the situation/noise. so the player, right after he changed his recently soiled pants, will have to either retreat to cover or decide to attack from a now unfortunate position

guard dogs:

guard dogs?

guard dogs pls!

if its possible to spawn dogs as east group, wouldn't it be possibe for them to be spawned into my camps, receive close-by waypoints and add similar features like the above to them?

if i have your feral dog pack script correctly in mind, it is possible to set a certain aggro/attack trigger distance and also set the patrol radius and numbers of dogs to spawn. that, plus the possibility to make them opfor friendly, would also serve as guard dogs to me.

if a variable is set to true when the attack script kicks in, nearby AI could be captured and receive a waypoint too. what do you think?

such variable passed on to the AI could also represent a random number 0-5, the higher the number the closer to your position a waypoints get set or more AI come to check it out.

will try to alter the feral dog pack spawner accordingly (hopefully tonight)

ps: also i just watched your teaser, damn awesome work

2 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Chicken alarm system:

sounds great, and doable indeed, we could also add a chance that random AI from the camp get the chickens position and receive a move in combat behaviour waypoint there, to check out the situation/noise. so the player, right after he changed his recently soiled pants, will have to either retreat to cover or decide to attack from a now unfortunate position

All doable.  Send the closest chicken friendly dude in AWARE or COMBAT mode to startle position.

3 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

if its possible to spawn dogs as east group, wouldn't it be possibe for them to be spawned into my camps, receive close-by waypoints and add similar features like the above to them?

Guard dogs are possible, but require work to get there.  Pack logic could be changed to be side specific, so you can have a pack at a camp or farm that ignore designated friendlies and attack enemies. 

Currently, you can give a dog an  AI handler, and patrol a perimeter via waypoints (dog would be in Heel mode).  Dog will stop and growl when it detects enemies.  But what is needed then is for AI handler to issue attack order and go into Combat Mode, and face direction of dog detected enemy (that behavior is not yet coded).

7 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

will try to alter the feral dog pack spawner accordingly (hopefully tonight)

I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm in these scripts.   I don't think I have time for these enhancements right now myself.

8 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

ps: also i just watched your teaser, damn awesome work

Thanks man I appreciate it.  Consider subscribing and upvoting the mission on Steam to support JBOY Dog.  I'm improving the dog slowly as I find new uses for him in my missions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisbaker1981 said:

Any Chance you will release this as a mod on steam workshop? easier for us stupid people like myself

Sorry dude, but I'm not a mod guy.  Plus it would require more logic on where to put chickens on  a map.  I have too many projects and too little time.

4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Sorry dude, but I'm not a mod guy.  Plus it would require more logic on where to put chickens on  a map.  I have too many projects and too little time.

Cool cool... 👍

• Like 1