Malden DLC discussion

The island seems to be beautiful and interesting.

But why is it called Malden? The video and photo I see a very different Malden, which I saw in 2004, when I was given a CD OFP.

Maybe give the island another name, I do not know, for example, Lefkas. Do not stir the bones of himself, right, north Malden.

• Like 2

The island seems to be beautiful and interesting.
But why is it called Malden? The video and photo I see a very different Malden, which I saw in 2004, when I was given a CD OFP.
Maybe give the island another name, I do not know, for example, Lefkas. Do not stir the bones of himself, right, north Malden.

I would still call it Malden as its the same shape as the OFP Malden, same place name etc.

Right I can hear the fireballs being hurled my way. But, I think I'd like to see 2035 Malden either have bigger villages or a scaled up island with bigger villages 

• Like 2

Right I can hear the fireballs being hurled my way. But, I think I'd like to see 2035 Malden either have bigger villages or a scaled up island with bigger villages 

I like that idea as the previous version of Malden was a cold war era Malden, a 2035 version would be certainly different :)

• Like 1

My 2 cents:

I certainly appreciate the idea of bringing an old map like the beloved ones from OFP. But seriously it doesn't look like Malden at all, it feels like were on Stratis. Although i do agree that 2035 Malden would look different from 1985 Malden, it wouldn't look this different. There would be certainly still lots of old houses and structures from 50 years ago. It would also be appreciated some easter eggs for all us OFP veterans, i'm imagining something like a graveyard with a tombstone engraving saying something like: "Here lies Kozlowski". Or a statue that would commemorate Guba's capture:

"On July 10th 1985 Major James Gastovski captured General Aleksei Vasilii Guba, a rogue General from the Red Army of the Soviet Union. The efforts of Major Gastovski and his team assured that peace would endure for the Malden Islands."

I was pretty excited with the Malden DLC but now not so much. But i would really love to see Everon and Malden to be remade for 2035, but with a natural evolution, with bigger locations that would keep their old buildings in center and expand to the outskirts with modern buildings, much like in real life.

I really loved the Cold War setting in Armaverse and the characters and story are just great. There's great stuff that was not explored, like James Gastovski and Victor Troska were close friends who had been in combat together, maybe during the 1970's. 

I think the Malden DLC would have been a great way of paying homage to ArmA legacy, the story and its characters.

• Like 10

This "Malden" is just another generic Greek island while it has few nice new houses ,but sorry but i expected different Malden

It could be called Stratis 2.0 and nobody would even notice the difference  :wacko:

• Like 5

This "Malden" is just another generic Greek island while it has few nice new houses ,but sorry but i expected different Malden

It could be called Stratis 2.0 and nobody would even notice the difference  :wacko:

->

The terrain is still in progress even by Project Argo crew, the final terrain should be a full fledged piece :icon_twisted:

And it's free so....

->

And it's free so....

Yes i know that ,but it might be too late to change the Satmap and environment  tho

Old Malden was best, and nothing will change it. New malden in 2035 - OK but with greece buildings? No. Its simply dont fit. New buldings should be more.... european-eastern style, and old buildings should be in city centres (as someone writed above). Also there would be cool to see some old civilian cars wrecks, not only modern. Some scrapyard ( CQB ), Soviet billboards etc.

• Like 2

Old Malden was best, and nothing will change it. New malden in 2035 - OK but with greece buildings? No. Its simply dont fit. New buldings should be more.... european-eastern style, and old buildings should be in city centres (as someone writed above). Also there would be cool to see some old civilian cars wrecks, not only modern. Some scrapyard ( CQB ), Soviet billboards etc.

It was mentioned in Argo section of the forums, they had used Altis buildings as placeholders. Which means and i hope that we will get buildings like the old OFP Malden but made upto Arma3 standards. 

• Like 4

Love the look of Malden and cannot wait to fight there! Cities look absolutely beautiful especially with the new colored fences and houses. Nicely done BI!

I didn't played OFP but seeing videos like this i don't undersand why there is so much trouble with the version of malden from project argo right now.

The island i coud play on was kolgujarev and it had almost any building in it. Don't see any trouble with having the buildings that are done right now in arma 3. Maybe the buildings from arma 2 could fit better, but those would need some update and better interiors.

Take a look at malden from operation flashpoint.

I dindt played OFP but seeing videos like this i don't undersand why there is so much trouble with the version of malden from project argo right now.

The island i coud play on was kolgujarev and it had almost any building in it. Don't see any trouble with having the buildings that are done right now in arma 3. Maybe the buildings from arma 3 could feet better, but those would need some update and better interiors.

Take a look at malden from operation flashpoint.

So you dont know the climat it had. That was Soviet VS USA, balkans-like terrority, all was perfectly composed. Maybe there was too few buildings, but hey, look what PC's people had back then. I never forget my askings loop to brother "why this is working so slow.....?!" :)

Just like today! :D  :P

• Like 1

Real talk: when I first saw footage of Argo, I thought the footage was on one of ArmA III's vanilla islands. I actually thought the premise of the game being on Malden was a goal for a finalized product.

I actually couldn't tell before playing it that the island was Malden.

• Like 3

Love to see Malden again. Good memories of those days. Agree with most of the people here; please let it be more like the old Malden (French style history buildings, more east/north European climate flora than mediterranean).

Like the idea of Carlostex above.

And, to top it all off, let this be a Island populated with not only men (yes I know, probably to much to ask for)!

Anyway, it will be free and therefore here already my thanks BI.

• Like 4

I am a bit confused to see some of the reactions here ...Malden always has been a dry ( more brownish and yellow) island with spare more Mediterranean kind of vegetation and even a small desert/ sand part in the north.and since I would locate the OFP islands somewhere near the old Yugoslavian coast, the look of Malden 2035 seems perfect to me. Would be of course cool to mix in a few some old cold era buildings though :)

.7532237.jpg

Croatian Coast ....

And, to top it all off, let this be a Island populated with not only men!

Absolutely correct! I do remember that in 1985 at Malden were women. I hope that by 2035 it will not change, and did not suffer the same fate Altis.

• Like 2

Absolutely correct! I do remember that in 1985 at Malden were women. I hope that by 2035 it will not change, and did not suffer the same fate Altis.

Women went away with the furnitures...

• Like 18

Just to clear some possible confusion: yes, Malden used by Project Argo is the base for terrain we are going to deliver for free in Malden DLC, as it was described in the Roadmap. The terrain is still in progress even by Project Argo crew, the final terrain should be a full fledged piece :icon_twisted:

Sorry petkka/BIS but this has nothing with the original island...only the name and shape... and if you think this way to mark the anniversary would be a complete failure.

PS

Project Argo is TAC-OPS DLC right?

I am a bit confused to see some of the reactions here ...Malden always has been a dry ( more brownish and yellow) island with spare more Mediterranean kind of vegetation and even a small desert/ sand part in the north.and since I would locate the OFP islands somewhere near the old Yugoslavian coast, the look of Malden 2035 seems perfect to me. Would be of course cool to mix in a few some old cold era buildings though :)

.7532237.jpg

Croatian Coast ....

..and this is Sveti Stefan Montenegro :ph34r: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sveti_Stefan

• Like 1

Sorry petkka/BIS but this has nothing with the original island...only the name and shape... and if you think this way to mark the anniversary would be a complete failure.

PS

Project Argo is TAC-OPS DLC right?

I believe Argo is considered an entirely separate project than anything on the ArmA III Roadmap, with only Malden being a shared asset between the two projects.

• Like 2

Wow, I can't believe people are complaining about a free DLC. If you want a scale recreation of OFP's Malden, CUP has one. The nature of Malden 2035 (a free to download developer side project) means that you're not going to get all new assets, because then it'd have to come with a 15 euro price tag.     

• Like 6

Just replace paid DLC with free DLC

2424132-5a8.jpg

• Like 2