Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Ofp staff: please release a patch with these fixes

If you people at BI could find the time to implement a patch that wuld allow us modmakers to do the following:

-Make shotshell/shotmissile simulations available on cars

-Make missile proxys part of Otocvez group so that it works.

- make  the amount of gears of a vehicle adjustable so that we can make the sound of the engine shift gears more or less often.

- Increase the max distance/max flight time of shells/missiles and bullets. ( or unlock this setting so we can adjust it for certain vehicles/weapons)

- Unlock the weaponcloudsgun and the muzzleflash routines.

- make an alternating firing system for tanks with double barrels/missile launchers. ( so that it fires the guns/missiles from both guns/tubes in an alternating manner)

- make a true "scattergun" fire mode simulation ( to be used in shotguns and flamthrowers/watercannons)

- make the waterspeed of a landvehicle settable too. (with its own turncoeff, breakdistance etc.)

- make poklop selections work like on tanks in cars.

- make the jeepgunneroptics behave the same as on a tank. or make a new class called carturretoptics (which would be the same as for a tank)

- make the commanderturretgun work as intended initially

- make windscreenwipers work as intended.

- make rotating radar on turret work.

those are all i can think of at the moment but there are lots more, but especially the car firing shells or missiles is VERT needed.

I do realise that some of the items stated here are very hard/near impossible to implement, but the modmaking community and as a result the whole ofp community would gain greatly by these additions imo.

I would greatly appreciate a reply from a BIS teammember so that i know at least the topic has been read.

If others have more ideas for a patch, post them under here i would say.

please, please make bulldozer compatible with the resistance disk, its really annoying going from bulldozer and nipping under my desk to change cd everytime i want to test something ingame then having to duck back under to start bulldozer up...very annoying as i have to change every two minutes...

in a early version of o2 models can be viewed in o2 itself i have seen some shots of it on a site sunno where anymore

Suma is the one who reads the boards most frequently and he is out of office until monday in two week (7/9). It is very unlikely that you will get any answers until then.

evis: a VERY good solution for both you and the ofp community would be making the addons you are working on ready for standard ofp!

this way you dont have the cd problem and also you are making MORE people happy with your addon.

Once the ofp version is as ready as it can be, make it suitable for res, and add the new res features,if any.

yes but a resistance addon has a lot more advantages over a 1.46 addon, and personally i dont have 1.46 installed so working on an addon for that is probably somewhere near impossible...

My Buldozer runs without any CD, as I removed the stoopid safedisc from it. I guess that it might do some form of "fading" now but I dont really care since there isnt much to fade in it wink.gif

Anyway doing that was propably illegal so I cannot post instructions on it, but theres some generic tools out there that will do it for you rather easily...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Sep. 01 2002,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My Buldozer runs without any CD, as I removed the stoopid safedisc from it. I guess that it might do some form of "fading" now but I dont really care since there isnt much to fade in it wink.gif

Anyway doing that was propably illegal so I cannot post instructions on it, but theres some generic tools out there that will do it for you rather easily...<span id='postcolor'>

You mean that you are admitting to hacking Buldozer?

That is not good Kegetys. It is a clear violation of the license agreement and may very well lead to you loosing your modmaker status and/or loosing access to these forums.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 01 2002,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Sep. 01 2002,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My Buldozer runs without any CD, as I removed the stoopid safedisc from it. I guess that it might do some form of "fading" now but I dont really care since there isnt much to fade in it wink.gif

Anyway doing that was propably illegal so I cannot post instructions on it, but theres some generic tools out there that will do it for you rather easily...<span id='postcolor'>

You mean that you are admitting to hacking Buldozer?

That is not good Kegetys. It is a clear violation of the license agreement and may very well lead to you loosing your modmaker status and/or loosing access to these forums.<span id='postcolor'>

BIS can do that if they want smile.gif

I would also add this features to the WISHES LIST:

- Add the possibility of "zasleh" section to Secondary Weapons

- The possibility to have another RIFFLE as a "Secondary Weapon" and handle it like it is a "Primary Weapon"

- Add the possibility of having turrets on Plane class vehicles (simulation="airplane")

- We would need the possibility to lock targets with simulation="shotshell" ammunition for precision (laser) guided Arty ammo like Russian "Snypir" or U.S. M712 "Copperhead"

FlipeR

VTOL implemented in aircraft so that we can simulate vertical take off and landing without using the helecoptor class. This has boggled me for months:)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ Sep. 02 2002,11:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">VTOL implemented in aircraft so that we can simulate vertical take off and landing without using the helecoptor class. This has boggled me for months:)<span id='postcolor'>

I agreee totally smile.gif

Another idea is sustained smoke from damaged aircraft.. nothing like watching a damaged plane limp back how leaving a smoke trail.. Iknow it can be done with a script, but to have it as a built in feature of aircraft would be cool.

yeah, i had allmost forgotten.

- Make an option for "tanks" to lock their turrets when driving.

This is needed for artillery "tanks".

The code is allready there: the turret needs to do exactly the same as in the "turn out situation", except that it has to be activated without opening the hatches, when the speeds goes above a certain value (preferably a value that we can define in the config.cpp)

So in short: when this "tank" goes faster than e.g. 10 km/h the turret will swing back to neutral and cannot be targeted anymore.

- we have: viewGunnerInExternal=True;

we mare missing viewDriverinExternal, viewCommanderinExternal and viewCargoinExternal.

please add these for semi stationary artillery pieces that will need a driver/loader for turning the cannon around.

- Make towing/lifting of vehicles by other vehicles possible.

example: M46 fieldgun, when it needs to be relocated, irl it would be hooked onto a truck and towed to its destination.

this same gun would irl also be relocated by helicopter.

the list keeps growing:

- turreted gunstations on airplanes. For attacking groundtargets without having to point the airplane to the target, but let the gunner lock and fire like on the AH-1 and AH-64.

And extend on that to allow multiple gunner stations as on the B-17 Flying Fortress.

That's simply a loose suggestion, not really a request per se.

Gen.Carnage: you could read the posts before adding something! I already requested the "turrett" class on Planes! Lets try not to double our requests!

FlipeR

ok, you're right, but now we have them all together in one thread... might be easier for whoever reads it from bis.

besides, does it hurt you if your request is backed up by someone else?

To make it short: we would need the possibility of adding all possible selectionNames/properties/effects to ALL CLASSES in OFP models and .CPP!

FlipeR

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlipeR @ Sep. 15 2002,20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To make it short: we would need the possibility of adding all possible selectionNames/properties/effects to ALL CLASSES in OFP models and .CPP!<span id='postcolor'>

I am afraid we are unable to deliver you this for OFP. OFP engine structure is not flexible enough to allow us to do this easily.

It is very unlikely we will implement solution for hunderds of smaller request. We might implement some of them which seem most important to us, though.