TheMakaan

Addaction Teleport

Hello I'm little rusty on my mission editing skills, but I'm trying to make a mission so one player as the ability to click on map to teleport I have this on him at the moment Mosstone addAction ["Teleport", {player execVM "teleport.sqf"}]; 
Mosstone being the name of the player, but when the player is killed the action doesn't reappear, but anyone is then able to active it when near the dead body that once had this action. Hope someone can set me straight on this little problem I have  :rolleyes:  

Hello I'm little rusty on my mission editing skills, but I'm trying to make a mission so one player as the ability to click on map to teleport I have this on him at the moment Mosstone addAction ["Teleport", {player execVM "teleport.sqf"}]; 

Mosstone being the name of the player, but when the player is killed the action doesn't reappear, but anyone is then able to active it when near the dead body that once had this action. Hope someone can set me straight on this little problem I have  :rolleyes:  

Isnt it supposed to teleport you WHILE you are living?

Nonetheless share your teleport.sqf

This will give the player an action again when he has respawned. Use it in init.sqf

Mosstone addEventHandler ["respawn", {Mosstone addAction ["Teleport", {player execVM "teleport.sqf"}]; } ];

This will give the player an action again when he has respawned. Use it in init.sqf

Mosstone addEventHandler ["respawn", {Mosstone addAction ["Teleport", {player execVM "teleport.sqf"}]; } ];

Didn't work  :huh:. Do I have to put anything special on the unit itself ? I named the unit Mosstone and added those to the Init.sqf

Sorry I mightve gotten confused, it may need to be in initplayerLocal.sqf

if (player == mosstone) then {player addEventHandler ["respawn", {player addAction ["Teleport", {player execVM "teleport.sqf"}]; } ];};

if (player == mosstone) then {player addEventHandler ["respawn", {player addAction ["Teleport", {player execVM "teleport.sqf"}]; } ];};

Oh thanks no problem, we are all here to learn  :D I'll try it out and tell you the methods if it worked out 

Hmm still not working, Do I have to put anything in the mosstone init line in the editor ? I'm starting up my mission and nothing is coming up on the scroll wheel =<

How are you executing it? or post your code, it doesnt require anything other than the player in question being the unit called mosstone