Sign in to follow this  
dufalator

Noob needs help setting up MP

Hello,

I need help setting up MP. I have played with the editor singleplayer multiple times. I have made some missions in the APEX eden editor. I would like to host a game with one of the missions that I have made with my friends in MP. Everytime that I try to setup and host a game, My friends cannot locate me. They cannot find me in the server list. They cannot connect directly to me via  IP address and port number. Obviously, I am missing something. I have read the manual but still am not able to ahve my friends connect.

Is there a how to guide? Can somebody provide me with some tips about how to get my MP up and running?

Thanks

Dufalator

Hello,

I need help setting up MP. I have played with the editor singleplayer multiple times. I have made some missions in the APEX eden editor. I would like to host a game with one of the missions that I have made with my friends in MP. Everytime that I try to setup and host a game, My friends cannot locate me. They cannot find me in the server list. They cannot connect directly to me via  IP address and port number. Obviously, I am missing something. I have read the manual but still am not able to ahve my friends connect.

Is there a how to guide? Can somebody provide me with some tips about how to get my MP up and running?

Thanks

Dufalator

There are like a thousand threads about this exact thing.  Use the search button.

Yes,

I did a search. I ran it several different ways before I posted. It comes back with zero results...Is there a current guide that can direct me through it step by step???

Yes,

I did a search. I ran it several different ways before I posted. It comes back with zero results...Is there a current guide that can direct me through it step by step???

Windows firewall needs to be opened for the ports you're using 99% of the time as well as port forwarding any router or physical firewall you have. Antivirus could interefere. Search this up next time there's no way you can't find this out. 

I recently did this. Took me a good solid 12 hours of work to get it up and running and im still working out the kinks