pvtdancer

Server flags\settings

I see that we have an argoserver.exe in the main folder. Do we have any written documentation or is it the same as ARMA3? I'm going to test this tonight when I'm not at work and just move all my dedicated server configs from my arma 3 server to argo. 

EDIT: Had a chance on lunch to do a little work. I Moved over my serverstart.bat and configs from A3 and it did launch with no issues. Without connecting to it I won't know till tonight if I can actually join but it did seem to take all settings fine. 

• Like 1

Its basically just a modification of the ArmA 3 platform. I don't see why the settings wouldn't all work the same.

I would assume. Though we don't really know what changes or additions are in this build if any. Most of it at this point might just be scripting UI etc but unfortunately no way to look it up yet :\.

I see that we have an argoserver.exe in the main folder. Do we have any written documentation or is it the same as ARMA3? I'm going to test this tonight when I'm not at work and just move all my dedicated server configs from my arma 3 server to argo. 

EDIT: Had a chance on lunch to do a little work. I Moved over my serverstart.bat and configs from A3 and it did launch with no issues. Without connecting to it I won't know till tonight if I can actually join but it did seem to take all settings fine. 

Hello,

The setting is based on Arma 3 servers with the exceptions of no custom difficulty and callExtension being removed. Otherwise all should work as you are used to. 

If that's not the case, contact us here or on https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/12/.

• Like 2

Thanks Cookie, I messed around with a few things last night and everything seemed to work all my settings were in tact server came up and played the way it should. For fun I'll try an mess around with it more... see if I can break it for you ;)

• Like 1

Hello!

I am stuck at work, and would like to get a server ready for some buddies and I to play around on after work. I have an old Arma3 server that I have not run in a while, and I can get it started up alright and appearing on the steam API (http://api.steampowered.com/), however I don't know what maps/missions are available in this, nor what other config is needed. I have very basic (Hostname, admin password, BE enabled, max players) things set. Is there anything I could be missing?

Thanks!

(Sorry for hijack, this fits under the topic of this thread, and I cannot post my own thread)

I wanted to dive into hosting an Argo server but reading that we can't control difficulty settings the way we can in A3 makes me want to wait until that is possible again.

The default A3 difficulty settings are just not bearable for me/my squadmates.

I wanted to dive into hosting an Argo server but reading that we can't control difficulty settings the way we can in A3 makes me want to wait until that is possible again.

The default A3 difficulty settings are just not bearable for me/my squadmates.

I think you need to realise that for the game being so early, the less settings and differences they can have, the easier it is for them to pin down bugs and test the new stuff.

The game won't be remaining in the ArmA 3 platform indefinitely, so i'd say its worth the time getting used to how the settings and presets for Argo are.

• Like 2

I think you need to realise that for the game being so early, the less settings and differences they can have, the easier it is for them to pin down bugs and test the new stuff.

I absolutly understand and what I said was not a demand for a change but just that, the last changes in the default difficulty in A3 were inappropriate for their respective diffivulty level. Even on highest settings you had unrealistic visual helpers floating around that I am sure has no MilSim-squad (we are not MilSim btw) still active. Also there was a time when you were not able to disable the crosshair in A3...  :wacko:

Keeping that in mind I suspect Argo will even get more "here, have a new marker ontop of your squadmate behind this wall", "here is the stuff you were 'searching'", etc

And with this stuff I neither get real fun nor somekind of immersion out of A3 (that stufff just annoys me) and I strongly suspect that will be the same with Argo, even when it is meant as a more fast-paced MP shooter than A3.

If that is the case, it is just not a game for me I want to play on a regular base. It is like eating cookies with raisins.

P.S. Anybody with Argoserver installed: Are the Veteran-Settings the same as in A3?