Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

@Vandeanson I keep seeing the black and white dog.  I'm guessing you want random dog types for your spawns.  Here's how to do it:


    _randomDog = selectRandom ["Fin_blackwhite_F","Fin_ocherwhite_F","Fin_tricolour_F","Alsatian_Sand_F","Alsatian_Black_F","Alsatian_Sandblack_F"];
    _dog = [_handler, _randomDog, (_handler modelToWorld [3,4,0]), false] call JBOY_dog_create; 

 

 

whats wrong with Wattebäusche?!

 

thanks, i am all about randomized scripts;)

might play around with the aggro range too.. eg. 30 + random 30 or so

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

might play around with the aggro range too.. eg. 30 + random 30 or so

Good idea.  Default of 70 meters is way too far for camps IMO.  Player could never get anywhere near it.  Eventually I should make wind direction and rain affect detection, but who knows when/if I will ever get around to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Good idea.  Default of 70 meters is way too far for camps IMO.  Player could never get anywhere near it.  Eventually I should make wind direction and rain affect detection, but who knows when/if I will ever get around to that.

 

haha i was about to suggest that (wind, rain is even better). but indeed - my to do list is piling up too:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Good idea.  Default of 70 meters is way too far for camps IMO.  Player could never get anywhere near it.  Eventually I should make wind direction and rain affect detection, but who knows when/if I will ever get around to that.

 

That's a feature in RDR 2 when hunting :)

I think Mythbusters did an episode showing that male guard dogs loved the odor of female dog urine (the non-explosive kind), so if you want to get past them you douse yourself in it. Not to give you any weird ideas for part 3.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

I think Mythbusters did an episode showing that male guard dogs loved the odor of female dog urine (the non-explosive kind), so if you want to get past them you douse yourself in it. Not to give you any weird ideas for part 3.

  :suspect:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 2:30 PM, Vandeanson said:

I am doing something wrong , I do not see any commands

Hey VD.  I think the command menu problem  (showing dashes with no text) is probably caused by you not having the stringtable.xml file in the main mission directory.  The code is looking for translated language strings to put in the menu and not finding them.  Take a look.  Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Hey VD.  I think the command menu problem  (showing dashes with no text) is probably caused by you not having the stringtable.xml file in the main mission directory.  The code is looking for translated language strings to put in the menu and not finding them.  Take a look.  Thanks.

oh yep that was missing indeed, cant test right now but it was a theory of mine as well. will check again and confirm, thanks for looking into it:)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@johnnyboy

hiho mate,

 

General question here... i d like to enable dynamic simulation (add them to the BIS dyn. sim. system) for your dogs and cant figure out how to refer to them within the spawner scripts. i tried _dog and _dmy but that didnt work. i feel like i am overseeing something stupid:) any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandeanson said:

how to refer to them within the spawner scripts.

I'm not familiar with the spawner scripts.  But when you create a dog, the object is returned to a variable (local or global if you name him specifically).  How you refer to that object elsewhere is then up to you.  You could use namespace variables.  I believe a namespace variable for the dog is created for the unit that handles the dog, so you could refer to him via the unit that handles the dog.  The dog is just an object ultimately , so why is it different than referring to a spawned AI or a spawned vehicle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnnyboy said:

I'm not familiar with the spawner scripts.  But when you create a dog, the object is returned to a variable (local or global if you name him specifically).  How you refer to that object elsewhere is then up to you.  You could use namespace variables.  I believe a namespace variable for the dog is created for the unit that handles the dog, so you could refer to him via the unit that handles the dog.  The dog is just an object ultimately , so why is it different than referring to a spawned AI or a spawned vehicle?

makes sense, i ll take a closer look again;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×