johnnyboy

JBOY Dog [v1.5 - updated 12/21/2018]

2 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

Any progress on MP tried it on our dedicated server & no menu comes up when you press T. 

Sorry buddy, not planning on working on MP compatibility any time soon.  My #1 priority currently is finishing a SP dog mission/mini-campaign.  When that is done I will publish dog script improvements.  After that, I may finally look at MP compatibility.

On 2/18/2018 at 6:23 AM, ice_age0815 said:

just wondering if you plan on making this as a addon at some point ? would be really cool

Mods aren't my thing.  You have my permission to mak a mod out of it if you like.

Hey so I see that no menu pops up when using it in MP. Could you speculate any reason why that may be? My unit wants to use the script for our ops but we'll you know...

If it helps we'll have a specific player (me) as our handler. Perhaps there are lines of code that refers to 'player' or some such that could be changed to a specific player? (I have a very limited understanding of coding soooo yeah. If that is such a wild question, be merciful!)

9 hours ago, Nikolai 'Hammer' Knight said:

Hey so I see that no menu pops up when using it in MP

On 20/2/2018 at 12:14 AM, johnnyboy said:
On 19/2/2018 at 9:44 PM, jgaz-uk said:

Any progress on MP tried it on our dedicated server & no menu comes up when you press T. 

Sorry buddy, not planning on working on MP compatibility any time soon

Try this code:

_youranswer = if (readabove) then { "you'll get it" } else { "nomoretosay" };

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Nikolai 'Hammer' Knight said:

Hey I was just speculating about the start of possible fix for our specific unit. I wasn't asking for Johnny to do any in-depth work. Just if a fix like that could possibly work in our specific instance.

I just noticed your avatar, which implies a serious interest in a K9 unit.  We had some fun with you because I'm constantly asked the MP question, and the answer is always the same.  However, if you wade through this thread, a couple guys have claimed they have made it MP compatible, so you could contact them and ask them how.

I just don't have the time to chase the MP thing these days.  You (and anyone else) is welcome to try.

BTW, it would be cool if your avatar was an ingame uniform insignia patch.  Do you have a clean .jpg of that we could use?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

We had some fun with you because I'm constantly asked the MP question, and the answer is always the same. 

:yeahthat:

4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

BTW, it would be cool if your avatar was an ingame uniform insignia patch.  Do you have a clean .jpg of that we could use?

Yeah it would make a great insignia patch. I second it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AZCoder said:

Yeah it would make a great insignia patch. I second it.

:yeahthat:

Was anyone able to get this script on a dedicated server and if yes can you send me the script Thanks !!!

Well honestly I got the insignia off of Google, and I guess I'll have to go hunting for those guys. 

Anyways thank you for the advice, and no worries about the joking. I'm just a little uptight some times. And you could say I don't like it when people... Hound me. Eyyy eyyy?

full

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, kennyleif said:

Did anyone fix it to work on dedicated?

Does anyone ever read the thread or the top post?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

"One time...at bandit camp..."

Poor @Vandeanson is trying to show off his cool Bandit Camp Spawn script in the above video, but is harassed non-stop by a feral JBOY Dog pack.  Its actually demonstrates quite well how effective the dog pack is at chasing players.   Its missing the dog barking and growling sound fx for some reason though.

Go here to check out @Vandeanson Bandit Camp spawner:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Its missing the dog barking and growling sound fx for some reason

Hello there johnnyboy!

I'm using the Engima's Civilians script for spawning animals and i have the same problem.

(NO SFX) Is there any solution for this?

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there johnnyboy!

I'm using the Engima's Civilians script for spawning animals and i have the same problem.

(NO SFX) Is there any solution for this?

Thanks!

I don't know about vanilla sound fx for animals or Enigma's scripts.  But for JBOY Dog I created my own sound files for barking, growling, panting and sniffing, that are executed by the scripts.  So that is separate from Enigma's stuff.

• Thanks 1

for the record, i am pretty sure that I have not properly set up the script in the mentioned demo mission/video and that the sounds would work otherwise;) will investigate and share my set up as soon as i find some time!

On 2/28/2018 at 12:30 AM, Nikolai 'Hammer' Knight said:

Hey so I see that no menu pops up when using it in MP. Could you speculate any reason why that may be? My unit wants to use the script for our ops but we'll you know...

If it helps we'll have a specific player (me) as our handler. Perhaps there are lines of code that refers to 'player' or some such that could be changed to a specific player? (I have a very limited understanding of coding soooo yeah. If that is such a wild question, be merciful!)

So if you have a very limited understanding of coding, why are you asking the question?

On 2/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, johnnyboy said:

I just noticed your avatar, which implies a serious interest in a K9 unit.  We had some fun with you because I'm constantly asked the MP question, and the answer is always the same.  However, if you wade through this thread, a couple guys have claimed they have made it MP compatible, so you could contact them and ask them how.

I just don't have the time to chase the MP thing these days.  You (and anyone else) is welcome to try.

I stopped coding in Arma for a while however, im going to re-implement your script on our server and fix it.  I'll send YOU (JBOY) the code when its complete.  I will not send it to anyone else that has been begging or cannot read a thread topic or discussion.  The man clearly stated he wasn't working on it.

20 minutes ago, T.Gavin said:

I stopped coding in Arma for a while however, im going to re-implement your script on our server and fix it.  I'll send YOU (JBOY) the code when its complete. 

Hey T.Gavin.  That is very generous of you and much appreciated.

I've made alot of improvements to the script since the last release while working on a series of dog missions.  How about if I update my template mission with this latest version and send you a link?  If you haven't started already that is.  If you work on my latest version, it will make my task of merging your fixes in later alot easier.   Also, if you could keep a list of the script files that you change, it will be easier for me to know which files to compare and merge when the time comes.

Thanks again!

Just now, johnnyboy said:

Hey T.Gavin.  That is very generous of you and much appreciated.

I've made alot of improvements to the script since the last release while working on a series of dog missions.  How about if I update my template mission with this latest version and send you a link?  If you haven't started already that is.  If you work on my latest version, it will make my task of merging your fixes in later alot easier.   Also, if you could keep a list of the script files that you change, it will be easier for me to know which files to compare and merge when the time comes.

Thanks again!

Sure!  Thats an easy feat.

@T.Gavin, cool.  It may take me a day or two to do it.  I need to copy all the new files to the template mission, then test it to be sure I don't send you a broken set of code.

• Like 1