Sign in to follow this  
OutLord

Common AddOns Folder

Is it possible to have a single AddOns folder for Arma 3 Dedicated servers.

Where 2 running servers will access the same @mod folders?

If you can create symbolic links in the file system then yes.

It all depends on what type of server you have. Can you access your server through remote desktop?

In that case it is pretty easy :D

I use a program called SymLinker to create the symbolic link. Just follow the steps below:

(For this example, I am assuming your mods are stored under C:/Arma/Mods and your servers C:/Arma/Servers/Server1 and C:/Arma/Servers/Server2 )

1. Move your @Mod folders into a common mods folder (EG: C:/Arma/Mods )
  2. Download and unzip symlinker from their github page: https://github.com/amd989/Symlinker/releases
  3. Run symlinker (AKA symlink creator) 
  4. The type of symlink we are creating is folder symbolic link
  5. In the link folder section, in the "place where you want your link" box, enter the path to your first server ( C:/Arma/Servers/Server1 )
  6. In the "name the link" box, enter "mods" (without the " " )
  7. In the destination folder section, in the "path to real folder" box, enter the path to your mods folder ( C:/Arma/Mods )
  8. Click create link and you should get a popup that says your link has been created.
  9. Repeat steps 4 to 8 for server 2

Now that links are created, you can verify the folders are linked by going into one of your server folders and trying to open the newly created "mods" folder. it should open the folder where all of your @mod folders are. 

Now you can add the mods you want to load on your servers using the usual launch parameters ( -mod=mods\@mod1;mods\@mod2;mods\@mod..... )

Let me know how you go :D

• Like 1