axonmagnus

how do i go about disabling fall damage ?

This is what I use. i dont know if its perfect but it works...

nolandDamage =
{
_damage = 0;

if((_this select 4) != "") then
{
_damage = _this select 2;
};

_damage
};

{ _x addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", { _this call nolandDamage }];  } foreach (units (group player));

• Thanks 1

nolandDamage =
{
_damage = 0;

{
};

_damage
};

{ _x addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", { _this call nolandDamage }];  } foreach (units (group player));

thanks buddy I will try it out :D , just to clarify do I add this to the ini also how would I go about implementing it as a mod so that it works with wat ever scenario I play ?

am guessing using ares ?

nolandDamage =
{
_damage = 0;

{
};

_damage
};

thanks buddy it works :D , also can you explain to me every line , I truly appreciate it :D

thanks buddy I will try it out :D , just to clarify do I add this to the ini also how would I go about implementing it as a mod so that it works with wat ever scenario I play ?

am guessing using ares ?

yes put the code in init.sqf. as for making it mod I'm sorry I cannot help you because I've never make a mod.

thanks buddy it works :D , also can you explain to me every line , I truly appreciate it :D

ok here's commented version:

nolandDamage =
{
_damage = 0;

// if this damage has no projectile string, then it's fall damage. if its not fall damage (but getting shot damage) then set the _damage variable to hold the actual damage amount and return that
{
};

// return the damage dealt to this unit
_damage
};

// make all units in players group call nolanddamage function when damaged by something:
Edited by gc8
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Always helpful to explain why something works.  Good to ask for the explanation, and great to provide it!  It helps everybody learn. :)

• Like 1

nolandDamage =
{
_damage = 0;

// if this damage has no damage string such as head,torso etc then it's fall damage. if its not fall damage (but getting shot damage) then set the _damage variable to hold the actual damage amount and return that
{
};

_damage
};

// make all units in players group call nolanddamage function when damaged by something:

brilliant thanks you very much sir , you indeed deserve 10 internet points :D

​"doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will"

unkown

• Like 1

Always helpful to explain why something works.  Good to ask for the explanation, and great to provide it!  It helps everybody learn. :)

indeed sir , have a good day gentlemen

Extra fact, this script will also disable vehicle collision damage I am pretty sure.

Yes it will actually disable a lot of things because this 

// if this damage has no damage string such as head,torso etc then it's fall damage.

is wrong. 

the function nolandDamage will be executed multiple times in 1 frame. Once for the head, once for the legs, hands ..... and once for ""

From my experiments, 

You can have "" even when you receive a bullet. So setting damage to 0 could even heal players if the part "" is checked after the other parts.

And, in case of fall damages, you 'll most likely be hit in the legs too, so setting damage to 0 for "" will not disable damages for "legs". 

Yes it will actually disable a lot of things because this 

is wrong. 

the function nolandDamage will be executed multiple times in 1 frame. Once for the head, once for the legs, hands ..... and once for ""

From my experiments, 

You can have "" even when you receive a bullet. So setting damage to 0 could even heal players if the part "" is checked after the other parts.

And, in case of fall damages, you 'll most likely be hit in the legs too, so setting damage to 0 for "" will not disable damages for "legs". 

actually I made mistake commenting that. the nolandDamage function does not check the body part hit but it tests bullet type that was hit. Now if the bullet type string is empty then its fall/collision damage.

not sure about the heal issue though. from my experiments it does not heal because I put damage 0.7 on the unit before falling to ground and the damage stayed at 0.7.

nolandDamage =
{
_damage = 0;

// if this damage has no projectile string, then it's fall damage. if its not fall damage (but getting shot damage) then set the _damage variable to hold the actual damage amount and return that
{
};

_damage
};

hey buddy it seems to not be working any more I have no idea why :(

​I get invalid number in expression

​line 14

hey buddy it seems to not be working any more I have no idea why :(

​I get invalid number in expression

​line 14

hi

then you must have changed something. Please post your code that has the error.