Sign in to follow this  
The Ferryman

slight pull to the right when using PS3 controller

Hard to describe, but with the addition of a recent update, Iv found a new bug was introduced that made players using a ps3 controller pull to the right.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yeah my PS3 controller "pretends" to be a Xbox 360 Controller through a program called SCP Server, however, a mate I know also has this issue and he just uses a Xbox 360 controller plain and simple. I don't think this is a deadzone issue as in BF4 i dont have the problem with the same controller and like I have said my mate has the same issue in arma 3 with his 360 controller after one of the updates.

The issue is visible through a distinct inherent roll to the right whenever I buy a helicopter or jet (which I use my XBOX 360 controller for)

Hopefully this is something simple to tweak.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Now that you mention it, i have the same issue with my xbox one controller. The right analog stick pulls to the right (and slightly downwards), even with maximum deadzone. Its not a calibration issue.

• Like 1

Now that you mention it, i have the same issue with my xbox one controller. The right analog stick pulls to the right (and slightly downwards), even with maximum deadzone. Its not a calibration issue.

Sweet thanks for leaving your support! I really hope this can just be a quick and easy fix because it is so annoying

aha ok me too. also experience constant lean when driving/flying with an xbox controller. i did play around with deadzone but it didn't really help.

usually i blame tea spillage for such things

Edited by lordfrith

PS4 controller here- No issues on Stable Branch in regards to any sort of pull/ sensitivity issue in A3. 

EDIT- I use DS4 Windows Version 1.4.52

You guys might want to check the raw values of the controller inputs, by going to Controls >> Controllers >> Select your controller and press Customize >> Find the button Show on the lower right.

if the deadzone isn't working properly ingame, you'll see it there.

PS4 controller here- No issues on Stable Branch in regards to any sort of pull/ sensitivity issue in A3. 

How are you running your PS4 controller? What programs/drivers?

You guys might want to check the raw values of the controller inputs, by going to Controls >> Controllers >> Select your controller and press Customize >> Find the button Show on the lower right.

if the deadzone isn't working properly ingame, you'll see it there.

In BF4 I have no issue and like someone has stated above even after putting the deadzone to max the controllers are still rolling at the same rate

Additionally this happened specifically after a patch so there is 4 reasons that it is a bug:

1. After patch on the same controller that was working fine all my controls were inverted (had to change me scheme) and the controller was rolling to the right and downwards slightly.

2. A personal friend and now other people online are claiming they have the exact same symptoms.

3. In another game, BF4, I also use my controller and it has no deadzone issues there.

4. Putting roll to deadzone max in Arma 3 doesn't do anything to stop this issue.

Xbox Afterglow controller here. On 2 PCs. Both yank all vehicles into reverse making them undrivable with the controllers plugged in. Sucks.

Note - this thread should be in Troubleshooting.

Xbox Afterglow controller here. On 2 PCs. Both yank all vehicles into reverse making them undrivable with the controllers plugged in. Sucks.

Of note here is that reverse for cars/tanks has no analog values. So if you only push a slight bit backwards on analogsticks, it will automatically use digitall (-1.0) value for thrust/throttle. So it's not like the controller necessarily has to go -100% to cause this issue.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I can unmap the reverse and set it to a button and see if that does the trick.