Sign in to follow this  
SelectThis

Binarize error

Just wondering if anyone has come across this error in Binarizer?

"String id 0 is not registered"

I have 2 p3d files in the addon folder.

When I run Bin, the program converts one model and copies it to the opt folder, but the program fails to convert the second p3d file, giving the above error.

I use a subdirectory for textures on the 2nd (failed) p3d but not for the first succesful one, maybe this is the cause?

SelectThis

I get this error too (4 times), but it does not seem to affect the outcome. I haven't however tried with more than one p3d in the folder.

Another thing I came across: I tested with a model that partly uses BIS textures, in the first try I hadn't copied the data folder to the bintool directory. Result was that alpha channels didn't worked in game. I tried again with the folder in place and after that they worked.

One Question though: since all the source code for the bin files is in there, is it possible to compile bin files with this tool?

KKB

i am getting the same error, but on converting some models it crashes over and over on every attempt, what can cause this?

I ge the error 4 times... and Nothing is copied..

I'm unable to get the tool to work.. any ideas?

Capt Moore

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KKB @ Oct. 12 2002,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One Question though: since all the source code for the bin files is in there, is it possible to compile bin files with this tool?

KKB<span id='postcolor'>

Why not use CPP2BIN?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Oct. 13 2002,09:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KKB @ Oct. 12 2002,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One Question though: since all the source code for the bin files is in there, is it possible to compile bin files with this tool?

KKB<span id='postcolor'>

Why not use CPP2BIN?<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing wrong with cpp2bin, but I thought making bin files with the binarize tool would be a more official aproach to the issue  smile.gif

KKB

Copy of the error Binarizer.rpt file

=======================================================

Date: 10/14/02 Time: 00:52:58

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00681558

Version 1.86

Fault address: 00681558 01wow.gif0280558 E:\OFP MISC\BINARIZE\BINARIZE.EXE

Prev. code bytes: 89 46 08 80 27 00 B0 01 EB C5 53 8B 5C 24 08 56

Fault code bytes: 8B 73 14 85 F6 57 8B F9 74 03 FF 46 04 8B 4F 14

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000004

ECX:009FD8EC EDX:00000000

ESI:00000004 EDI:00DE5318

CS:EIP:0177wow.gif0681558

SS:ESP:017F:009FD49C EBP:009FD4D0

DS:017F ES:017F FS:8BA7 GS:0000

Flags:00010202

=======================================================

Call stack:

Stack 009FD49C 00A0149C

Address Logical Function

mapfile: E:\OFPMIS~1\BINARIZE\BINARIZE.map (empty 1)

--------------------------

This was for a soldier model.

SelectThis

As frequent crashing was reported, we inspected binarize utility. We found it crashed when attempting to binarize any addon larger than 1 MB (which is quite common).

Fixed version will be available.

Updated version is available for download. Both crash and error message "String id 0 is not registered" issues are fixed. To check if you have new version see readme file. If you see issues listed as fixed in it, you have the latest version. If not, you need to download it again.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks for the quick support Suma!

But I had a new problem, the new bat file didn't want to open the addon folder. But when I copied the old bat file from the previous version of Binarizer it worked.

SelectThis