Justin N.

[CEASED] Lowlandz: Dutch Terrain For Arma 3

This terrain has ceased developement and will NOT be developed any further, Thank you for understanding.

Hey ya'll.. So i dont really know how these forums work and all because i'm kinda new here. But anyway.. I'm here to present an addon wich is currently in the making named the "Lowlandz Project". Currently it's not much. Just a small developement team with some good ideas. We're currently a team of four but most of us are working on sideprojects. We kinda want to focus on this being our main project again so we decided to just announce our work so far.

-Current Team-

[LL] JMR - Map Design & Terrain Builder

[LL] The_Fake_German - Map Design 

[LL] Siem - Map Design & Regional Information

[LL] Justin - Configuration & Blender works

Here's an older video of a flyby. It doesn't show much. Just some northern islands we call "The Waddenzee" (The plane is a P-3C Orion ported over from the Dutch Armed Forces mod for Arma2 and it won't be included)

And here's an older screenshot of the southern region of the map.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/477771277028294778/38ACBC77F854CA1E9E05688186FCB7E95A82ED7C/

Well that's about it. Just wanted to let you guy's know what we're working on. 

P.S. I really dont know how the Bohemia forum's work. So if i messed up im sorry

• Like 4

Interesting. How are you going to solve the 'below sea level' problem? Just artificially raise the land or leave the Netherlands in its natural swampy state? :)

• Like 2

Looks very interesting!

Question,

how big will the map be?

Also would it be a modern version or also able to be used in a WW2 scenario?

• Like 1

Interesting. How are you going to solve the 'below sea level' problem? Just artificially raise the land or leave the Netherlands in its natural swampy state? :)

We have raised the DEM heightmap, so we elevated it a bit else it gets to swampy. We did however manage to include the popular swampy places we all know and love :)

Looks very interesting!

Question,

how big will the map be?

Also would it be a modern version or also able to be used in a WW2 scenario?

The map is being made 40960 x 40960 (Around 61km2). As for WW2 we're actually working on a different WW2 version. Including a part of brittain, Germany, Belgium and even France. So that players can plan somekind of invasion gamemode. The regular map wont have these extentions.

72465778b6a04880a501e32586888dca.png

Below a little sneak of the Modern lowlandz (island) map, cheers.

2d6d5554f54c42cf8908a20c05912cc3.png

• Like 6

Here's another video.. idk if this will eventually be in the map or not. Ive yet to get permission from the original model maker. As for now it was fun to make, Some buggs but overall a nice thing to have (Black square bug is fixed already). This map is the LowLandz WW2 version btw. 

• Like 4

Update: Currently working on Surface, Clutters and forrest check some screens below

d54177c3d6634718b8a70c205ce839be.png

4927c6cebca04ba8a0f94cc70b5daeec.png

7317b14e9a354f1e8664e640451fb71b.png

• Like 7

^^ ahhh Dutch mountains.

Height sickness is one of the biggest issues in Holland, its just to high for us.....

But anyway.

As a Dutch guy I am impressed by the work and I am looking forward to it! :)

@foxhound it's Belgium, imagine our little country then  :lol:

Oh, I didn't know you were also adding begium to it. Now I am even more impressed. This is an immense project :)

Belgium has the ardennes, so instead of height sickness I guess you suffer more from claustrofobia :D

(No disrespect meant!!!)

Our main focus is still the Netherlands. We just added Belgium on the ww2 version because we simply can't deny the roll of the belgium, german and even french mainland on the western front. The Netherlands are gonna be a bit less detailed. Like for example on the ww2 version our main focus will be Rotterdam and Arnhem. Whilst on the regular version the main focus will be Amsterdam and alot of other things and places that are not just appealing to us Dutch but also to foreign people (whilst we all know what foreign people actually visit Amsterdam for  ;))

Thnx for the support. We'll do our very best to keep this thread up to date on our progress :)

• Like 4

For all you peeps interested. LL has made an agreement with Epic Wargaming, They will be beta testing the ww2 map on their Unit V Unit war gamemode. It'll take a while before the map will be ready. But just to get an understanding of the type of gamemode we're building the map towards. check out http://www.ironfrontcampaigns.com/They will most likely be testing and using our ww2 mods on their prototype gamemode.

Justin N. contacted me about porting the Invasion 1944 mod to ArmA3 (or parts of it) for use in their own mod. His PM seems to have been deleted since, so I'll leave my reply here:

I can't give permission for that for two reasons:

- I haven't been a member of the team for several years;

- The team wasn't inclined to give permission to port from OFP - ArmA1 or ArmA1 to ArmA2. The last thing I read from them before it went quiet was that they wanted to work on ArmA3 themselves, so I'm assuming their stance towards third party ports hasn't changed. And unless they actually come forward to state that they've changed their mind it's a no-go.

Best of luck with your project.

Thnx for your reply.. Ive since been in contact with the current owner. It seems like they've halted their work for now.. and most of the team has left leaving the current team in a void. They won't allow public distribution of third party ports without having permission from all current involved members. However most of them have either vanished or haven't been active. So they told me not to get my hopes up. I did however get in contact with some other addon creators and they are currently helping me on something else.. :)

Hi Justin,

Your efforts may aswell be put into the original Lowlands Warrior mod, which has been Arround since OFP. We were out in the Arma2 period but are back now for a while.

If you want dedicated work, with all the support you need just contact me.

Here is one of our terrain projects:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193613-lowlands-warrior-nl-south-brabant/?hl=lowlands

I'm sure you already know about the other mods we are working on.

We have raised the DEM heightmap, so we elevated it a bit else it gets to swampy. We did however manage to include the popular swampy places we all know and love :)

The map is being made 40960 x 40960 (Around 61km2). As for WW2 we're actually working on a different WW2 version. Including a part of brittain, Germany, Belgium and even France. So that players can plan somekind of invasion gamemode. The regular map wont have these extentions.

72465778b6a04880a501e32586888dca.png

FYI 40960 x 40960 is not 61km2 its 1600Km2

• Like 3

Hey everybody!, 

Sorry for the recent radio silence. We've been working on some side- projects. I do want to report that our map is still in developement. We've got some new people onto our team helping us with certain issues. We've also made a little test WW2 map (Monte Cassino) to see what we can do to create a WW2 style map with just CUP core and some custom assets. The results for the WW2 style with just CUP Core are actually quite good. We're now ready to get the new team back on the initial project.. WW2 style and Modern style Netherlands Maps. We're also in contact with someone about a special project, But you'll (hopefully) hear more about that soon.

• Like 4

A Monte Cassino terrain sounds interesting. Do you plan on making a public release or is it more for internal testing and development? Either way, I'd be interested in seeing some screenshots if that's not too much to ask.

• Like 2

Well, The quality aint good enough for a public release.. no satmap or advanced buildings etc. It's kina like our notepad. We test stuff on it and learn our way around terrain builder. Maybe one day if there's enough interest i'll pop it on the workshop. But for now that aint on our minds.. I can provide some screenshots tho 

http://imgur.com/a/ZWTue

• Like 2

I would love to see the DAF mod from ArmA 2 ported to ArmA 3, im looking forward to this map, very excited :P

• Like 1

Thanks for the interest, I also love the DAF mod. Too bad it would be hard to re- create such a thing since most of the content used aint aviable in Arma 3.. (Yet). 

On 18-1-2017 at 8:39 PM, SpeirsPCI said:

I would love to see the DAF mod from ArmA 2 ported to ArmA 3, im looking forward to this map, very excited :P

the Lowlands warrior mod is what you should keep an eye out for. The original creators of the Dutch Armed forces in OFP (Now know as Cold War Assault)

Hey there everybody!, 

Here's a little status update on the current situation.

Since there are alot of things we're planning to do and also a few competitors doing the same thing we've decided to put main focus on a WW2 map. We're currently also working with Veterani.pl on a reboot of the September 1939 mod. There has been talk about including dutch unit's in this mod but we're still concidering.. For now i'm sorry to tell you that we're dropping the modern day map concept. Lowlands Warrior is also working on a dutch map so keep eye on their progress if you were interested. Like i said we're moving forward with the WW2 map and September 1939. This thread will be kept up to date on progress.

Thank you to those who supported us, And to those who still support us after this decision.

Cheers,

Justin N.

• Like 3