foofski

Overthrow Mod - dynamic revolution simulator (BETA) [SP/CO16]

So I've finally gotten around to giving this mission a try in SP on Malden but running in an MP environment as suggested and it seems interesting but I'm running into a serious issue. My stance adjustment keys don't work as long as I have Overthrow loaded. I tried running it with just the required mods loaded and they still won't work. I also tried changing the controls to a variety of different keys to see if it was due to a key binding conflict but no matter what I change them to, they still won't work. There are workarounds but they are cumbersome and won't allow me to make incremental stance adjustments as I'm accustomed to. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have a fix?

hi nice mod but cannot sell nothing weapons or items or anything

1. If i use the presistent Savegame, the Interaktionmenu(strg+win) is gone, only the red circle i see.

2. Some Questflags on map missing(eg i found a men from Argentinia and Chernorussian without the flag on map).

need help plz

Hold down the windows key and find the fix Engine icon or fix rotor etc. You get a better job done with a repair truck in the vicinity.

Started playing this game with a buddy last week; it's really fun being able to build your own empire from being a scrub. However, we got really frustrated when we went to load the game using the copy/paste method for "update-safe persistent saves" and none of our buildings or the gear we managed to stockpile was saved. Naturally we stored it in our warehouse and when we loaded the save the warehouse isn't there. Tried loading a couple times but no luck. Are we doing something wrong or is this broken?

Why don't you use the normal save/load instead? I think there won't be updates within the next time, so you should be well for a playthrough.

As for the copy-paste feature, I'm not sure because I don't use it. Do you use any mods? Are they compatible? And do you use the latest version of Overthrow from Steam?

@Godis_1

On 2/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, Godis_1 said:

Why don't you use the normal save/load instead? .... As for the copy-paste feature, I'm not sure because I don't use it. Do you use any mods? Are they compatible? And do you use the latest version of Overthrow from Steam?

Used the latest version of Overthrow from Steam, no other mods. Well, the "update-safe persistent save" option(copy/paste) seemed like it was a good idea since Arma updates tend to break mods. And with a feature like this, why would anyone want to save their progress any other way? Why not make it the ONLY way to save?

On 2/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, Godis_1 said:

I think there won't be updates within the next time, so you should be well for a playthrough.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Anyways, it doesn't matter because we moved on. The mod needs a lot of work yet. Too repetitive. Thanks for the response.

Where can i save the Game in LAN mode?

I wanted to play in the SP, but it's that I should start a Lan Game. But there is the save button grayed out. If I start the game again and take Restore Save, everything will be done again.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:38 AM, Zjajo said:

@Godis_1

Used the latest version of Overthrow from Steam, no other mods. Well, the "update-safe persistent save" option(copy/paste) seemed like it was a good idea since Arma updates tend to break mods. And with a feature like this, why would anyone want to save their progress any other way? Why not make it the ONLY way to save?

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Anyways, it doesn't matter because we moved on. The mod needs a lot of work yet. Too repetitive. Thanks for the response.

Well, the mod is actually very well playable. I'm able to play it mostly bugfree and saving/loading works as intended. But I never used the copy-paste function to load my savegame.

As for what you didn't understand: I meant, why don't you use the normal saving/loading procedure (just confirm to load persistant save when prompted at scenario start, not the copy-paste-function). Since there won't be updates in the next time, I guess, there shouldn't be worried about a savegame-breaking update of  Overthrow. The copy-paste-function is mainly to get savegames loaded after Overthrow has been updated by the devs. Due to potential changes in the scenario and/or Arma 3 itself, savegams from older versions potentially break and cannot be loaded anymore. The copy-pase-function is a way to overcome this problem. The downside is that it won't have everything in it, like a normal savegame file, which is caused by the structure of this method. The copy-.paste-function works by storing spawn positions from certain objects and values of certain custom variables from the scenario. Not everything can be stored and loaded this way (that's at least what I think of it).

Sorry if I cannot explain it better.. my English isn't good enough to find the proper words :)

Hello. I'm playing Arma 3 1.98v. but there is a problem. I can play overthrow 7.5.3v, but when I install overthrov version 7.8.6v, I get the game ['bin \ CfgMagazines \ IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Mag.scope'] error. What is the reason. can you help me ?

hi, i am currently playing with the mod and i built a warehouse, then placed a ammobox inside of it; however, whenever i try to store all the loot in the zamak recovery truck, it applies the command successfully but i cannot find any loot transferred into the ammobox as it should(?) store all the loot in the ammobox. Also, when i try to edit my police loadout, it says it cannot be edited, no items in the warehouse. Where all my loot goes I cannot figure it out.