Yes, the intellisense is a little primitive, but recognizes the most common cases. It's actually a totally separate system than the more mature code analyzer/compiler.

Feature requests are welcome here, but please send bug reports as PM or email to typesqf@outlook.com. I probably know many of them already, and I don't want them to pollute the thread, thanks!

On 12/14/2017 at 8:16 PM, HazJ said:

@engima - Suggestion: If possible, it would be nice to have an in-built cached Wiki with description and maybe an example of commands and even functions too that you can search for as it types out. Similar to KTown's Intellij Plugin.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30898

If you are taking suggestions and still working on the project. This is one of the reasons why I moved away from the tool. Also, if possible. For the templates, can you provide some magic variables to include in them? Like so:

scriptName "%fileName.sqf%

%fileAuthor%

Filename gets filename (obvious)

Fileauthor would be some additional fields. Maybe add button to create custom fields too?

Etc... I think I asked this before. Can't remember.

Example from VS Code:

31PIEkP.png#]

Works for BIS functions too, etc...

Amazing extensions. If you can do something like this, it'd be very useful.

weJPstL.png

• Like 1

If I understand correctly you want:

1. Intellisense for script commands and

2. Magic fields/variables in custom file templates.

It's already there. The intellisense I don't understand how you have missed, and the templates can be reached in the settings dialog. You can copy the default ones and modify them. For what I remember I added the templates after your suggestion. But are there details still missing?

1)

WOW. Yes. already done! As shown in the video:

Can you make it so that panel shows when you hover over focused element?

2)

Yes you did however I am requesting an enhancement to it. Say I provide this for the template:

/*
	File: %fileName%
	Author: %fileAuthor%
	Version: %fileVersion%
	Whatever: %fileWhatever%
*/

It would grab all data from the fields. You can specify custom fields (+ and - buttons). This way you don't have to keep typing stuff in. Hopefully I am making sense?

1) is only really the main reason I stopped using it. I guess I stopped before the update? I know I asked for it a few pages back. Haha.

Not sure what you mean. The "magic" variables currently available are DATE, TIME, FILENAME and FILENAMEFULL. Custom fields are which ones you whish. From where would I get the author and file version?

New version.

Version 0.65

-Minor GUI fixes.

-SQX: Fixed: Unwanted semicolons sometimes appeared during compilation.

-SQX: Fixed: Sometimes the dot (.) had not highest precedence during compile.

-SQX: Various fixes and improvements.

New version.

Version 0.66

Minor GUI fixes.

SQX: Added settings option to enable logging of all method calls in the RPT log file.

SQX: Made it possible to reference private setters on private static properties from within class.

• Like 2

New version.

Version 0.67

-Added feature to create and deploy a PBO file directly from the TypeSqf editor to Arma's Missions or MPMissions (or a custom) folder.

-Added support for all script commands up until Arma 3 version 1.94 (into ScriptCommands.xml).

-Updated the file templates so that all methods now include parameters in the method header.

-Minor fixes and improvements.

-SQX: Added true inheritance.

-SQX: Class properties can now be protected (and not only public like earlier), and have a protected setter.

-SQX: Class methods can now be protected (and not only public or private like earlier).

-SQX: Added the "return" statement.

-SQX: Extended the method log tool to include return values (and not only calls like earlier).

-SQX: Updated color themes - Go to Tools and reset the color themes for the changes to take effect.

-SQX: Minor fixes and improvements.

• Like 2

New version.

Version 0.68
-Separated the analyzer window and the SQX build result window into two tabs in the editor (big thanks to Josef!).
-Fixed: protected methods were not possible to collapse and expand.
-Minor improvements and fixes.
-SQX: Fixed serious issue when referencing properties in class inheritance with more than two levels.
-SQX: Minor improvements and fixes.

Going open source under the MIT licence.

• Thanks 1

Could you share a screenshot of the auto completion, please? 

Are there any information about the command you're using? 

I can't find a picture in the internet 🙂

On 10/16/2019 at 11:23 AM, Smart Games said:

Could you share a screenshot of the auto completion, please? 

Are there any information about the command you're using? 

I can't find a picture in the internet 🙂

y4mfuMm9J-kvzg-N93qWRyy2TgKyy7B27lNw1K_f

• Like 2

New version.

Version 0.69
-Added support for all script commands up until Arma 3 version 1.96 (into ScriptCommands.xml).
-Updated dependency to .NET to 4.6.2.

• Like 1

New version.

Version 0.70

Added search and replace functionality. (Big thanks to Josef!)

• Like 1

New version: 1.01.

-Updated analyzer and SQX compiler to version 1.01.
-Fixed: Crasch when performing search and replace in text selection (thanks Josef!)
-SQX: Added checks for when a sub class is missing call to explicit base constructor.

• Like 2

New version.

Version 1.02

-Added support for all script commands up until Arma 3 version 1.96 (into ScriptCommands.xml).

-Added status bar that shows replaced occurrences on the replace dialog (thanks Josef!).

• Like 1

New version. Extra thanks to Josef who is helping me a lot with ideas and code structures!

Version 1.03

-Added intellisense when using keyword "override" in a sub class.

-Updated analyzer and SQX compiler to version 1.03.

-SQX: Fixed: Strange behavior regarding negation symbol (e.g. "return -1;").

-SQX: Fixed: No warning when sub class tries to override a method that does not exist in base class.

-Fixed: Help menu link to SQX forum not working.

• Thanks 1

New version.

Version 1.04

-Added menu item "Rebuild project" to perform a full reset, reanalyze and build of the project.

-Added support for all script commands up until Arma 3 version 1.98 (into ScriptCommands.xml).

-Made the project root node expanded from start when opening a project.

-General improvements.

-SQF: Now possible to use "#" instead of "select" when selecting from a list (allowed in Arma 3 since version 1.82).

-SQF: Now possible to have empty string literals in params.

-SQX: Refactor of SQF/SQX analyzer and compiler (speeded up the build times a lot).

-SQX: Now possible to declare typed variables on a single assignement line (private Scalar _number = 0).

-SQX: Now possible to declare typed variables using new SQX keyword 'var' (var _number = 0).

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Alleged Accomplice said:

What am I doing wrong? It crashes as soon as I open an sqf file

It sounds like a bug. Try to start by ”Open mission”, to have TypeSqf create a project file.

I realize now that I did not test managing single files after last update, which was quite a big one. I’ll test it as soon as I can, but have no chance of doing it today.

New Version.

Version 1.05

-Improved the syntax highlighting.

-Fixed: Editor crasching when analyzing files that do not belong to current project.

-Fixed: Intellisense sometimes contained multiple identical private variables.

-SQX: Fixed: Analyzer does not forget about file content in files that are being removed.

On 10/4/2020 at 6:49 AM, engima said:

It sounds like a bug. Try to start by ”Open mission”, to have TypeSqf create a project file.

I realize now that I did not test managing single files after last update, which was quite a big one. I’ll test it as soon as I can, but have no chance of doing it today.

Thanks for all your hard work man.

• Thanks 1

New version.

Version 1.06

-Added support for all script commands up until Arma 3 version 2.00 (ScriptCommands.xml).

-Fixed: General stability issues in CPack manager.

-Fixed: Settings file not updated with new project when a new project is opened.

-SQX: Updated the SQF/SQX analyzer and compiler to version 1.06.

-SQX: Fixed: Analyze of multiple class inheritence levels sometimes resulted in faulty error messages.

Hi, Engima!

Have you ever thought of introducing a brackets pairing check (), [], {} into the editor? The context menu (Copy, Paste, etc.) would also be useful.

11 hours ago, Linza said:

Hi, Engima!

Have you ever thought of introducing a brackets pairing check (), [], {} into the editor? The context menu (Copy, Paste, etc.) would also be useful.

I have. But it will require more effort than I have found motivation for, at least this far. A context menu would be easier I think, so that would maybe come sooner.

But the project is open source, so what I was hoping for was that others would fix such things. 🙂

• Like 1