On 07/02/2017 at 8:18 AM, djotacon said:

Means that the editor sintax checker thinks that you are trying to do a string concatenation using a wrong operator.

Ah! I think I get what I'm doing wrong now. At least with that command, I forgot I need to use getText, getNumber, getArray, etc... Thanks. (:

Ugh. Even though it works, I still get this warning:

45b8fbe31e4aaa91cd94251c99850e21.png

Line 25

_primaryTargetRoute = getNumber (getMissionConfig >> "Duala_Uprising" >> "primaryTargets" >> "primaryTargetRoute");

Hey engima, TypeSqf crashes to the desktop when you paste code that contains HTML tags. At least that is what it seems, not 100% sure though.

Tested multiple times. I'm not sure if it's just me though. Tested with:

<br />

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Structured_Text

Excesive CPU consumption: suddenly the editor has give me an abnormal cpu consumption related to the all cores ( 8320FX amd) and a total CPU consumption of 10-12% doing nothing with 2 mission file opens.

Is this normal? because I think very rare.

On 2017-02-06 at 7:43 PM, HazJ said:

Hey engima! Is this (see screenshot below) anything to worry about?

830dd815a2c4ecce27f731367d93762e.png

_primaryTargetRoute = getMissionConfig ("Duala_Uprising" >> "primaryTargetSettings" >> "primaryTargetRoute");

I took a lucky guess and did the following but I still got the warning.

_primaryTargetRoute = getMissionConfig ("Duala_Uprising" / "primaryTargetSettings" / "primaryTargetRoute");

Either way, can you explain more about it as I'm not sure why I am getting it or what it means exactly. Also, I was creating a new file today with the awesome recently added template feature and I thought of another idea:

I have three SQF template files, one for client, server and shared (also known as common I think). Why? I'm not exactly sure, it's kind of useless as the only thing really different is if statement check near the top. What I was wondering is, would it be possible for you to add some magic variables that I and others can use in the template file? %FILENAME% for example, this one would automatically replace itself with the name of the file when you press OK. You may be wondering when and how this would this be useful?

scriptName "****";

I can only think of this one at the moment but I am sure there are more ways this would be useful and beneficial, I just can't think how right now. I understand and know that very minimal effort is required to just type this in yourself but thought I'd suggest it anyway. If you do decide to do this, I wouldn't really bother if it's a complex or time consuming thing to do. Not unless the magic variables idea I mentioned can be expanded on, though it's completely up to you. Thanks again for creating TypeSqf, I love it! :)

Hi

Before I say anyting else, I can tell you It's nothing to worry about. The editor is not perfect, because the SQF language has a lot of features that I have not had time to support, and it's only things that I encounter myself that I can fix before anyone else runs into them. That's where all of you enters the picture. Please send me these encounters so I can fix them. I will check on this soon.

In the mean time, if you encounter things like this, simply right click on the error message and select "Filter out for current project" (if you're in a project). That will hide the message.

The suggestion to add variables to the templates is briliant! Count on it coming in a release or two!

On 2017-02-06 at 8:07 PM, djotacon said:

I think you need understand how to operate with "Strings" in Sqf.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/String

I understand that already, but like I wrote in previous post, I have not had time to implement everything, and all is in some kind of priority list in the back of my head. :)

For example: 'single quoted strings'. Those are supported by Arma, but not by the TypeSqf Editor - at least not right now. I made the decision to support basic string handling at first, and then develop the more advanced aspects when other important things in the editor is working in a usable manner. Maybe we're there soon. I think that the current string handling will work in some 99 cases of 100. An alternative for single quotes are citations, and I have support for double citations (in-string-citations), and that's why I think that most users have what they need. But of course, I am aware of some benefits of having both working...

For wathever function, please tell me how important you think it is and why, and I can giv it a more accurate priority.

On 2017-02-07 at 2:29 AM, HazJ said:

I have read through that page but I still don't really understand. What am I doing wrong? Why am I getting this warning and what does it mean?

Ok, I know. Please use the "/" operator instead of the ">>". The "/" is currently the only one supported by TypeSqf. But they are identical according to Biki, so there should be no problem.

On 2017-02-09 at 2:02 AM, djotacon said:

Excesive CPU consumption: suddenly the editor has give me an abnormal cpu consumption related to the all cores ( 8320FX amd) and a total CPU consumption of 10-12% doing nothing with 2 mission file opens.

Is this normal? because I think very rare.

Never seen it, but of course it's possible that a bug can set the editor in some kind of for ever loop... The editor left alone should not consume much at all, no matter how many files are open. If you open a very large project (like 50 files or more) it will take some seconds for the editor to run a first code analyze.

It's developed and tested on Intel.

New version.

Version 0.46

-Files associated with TypeSqf can now be opened in TypeSqf when double clicked in the File Explorer (community wish-list).

-Checked all script commands and corrected erroneous signatures for a lot of them.

-Added description, syntax, parameter names and parameter types in auto completion for all script commands (thanks to Josef).

-All script commands with signatures and description are now in an XML file (ScriptCommands.xml) and read when editor starts.

-Fixed: Files created by TypeSqf sometimes end up in erroneous locations.

-Fixed: Stability issues.

-SQX: Compile errors and warnings are now being displayed during compile.

-SQX: Fixed: A lot of bugs in the compiler.

-SQX: Fixed: Not allowed to "spawn" methods.

• Like 1

On 2017-02-06 at 7:43 PM, HazJ said:

Hey engima! Is this (see screenshot below) anything to worry about?

830dd815a2c4ecce27f731367d93762e.png

_primaryTargetRoute = getMissionConfig ("Duala_Uprising" >> "primaryTargetSettings" >> "primaryTargetRoute");

I took a lucky guess and did the following but I still got the warning.

_primaryTargetRoute = getMissionConfig ("Duala_Uprising" / "primaryTargetSettings" / "primaryTargetRoute");

Either way, can you explain more about it as I'm not sure why I am getting it or what it means exactly. Also, I was creating a new file today with the awesome recently added template feature and I thought of another idea:

I have three SQF template files, one for client, server and shared (also known as common I think). Why? I'm not exactly sure, it's kind of useless as the only thing really different is if statement check near the top. What I was wondering is, would it be possible for you to add some magic variables that I and others can use in the template file? %FILENAME% for example, this one would automatically replace itself with the name of the file when you press OK. You may be wondering when and how this would this be useful?

scriptName "****";

I can only think of this one at the moment but I am sure there are more ways this would be useful and beneficial, I just can't think how right now. I understand and know that very minimal effort is required to just type this in yourself but thought I'd suggest it anyway. If you do decide to do this, I wouldn't really bother if it's a complex or time consuming thing to do. Not unless the magic variables idea I mentioned can be expanded on, though it's completely up to you. Thanks again for creating TypeSqf, I love it! :)

Sorry, HazJ! I should have read your post more carefully.

I have looked into it a little more, and both operators should work. But are you sure you are using the config operator in the correct way? According to Biki the operator stands between two variables, one of type Config and the other of type String. All yours are strings. If you look at the information and examples it seems to be so everywhere. Of course I can still be wrong, but the current information is the explanation to why TypeSqf complains.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/config_greater_greater_name

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getMissionConfig

What if you simply remove the paranthesis?

_primaryTargetRoute = getMissionConfig "Duala_Uprising" >> "primaryTargetSettings" >> "primaryTargetRoute";

Hello @engima,

I recall saying that your tool is useless as we have addons for sublime text and idea.

I won't lie I'm impressed by the way things go.

However, I can't work on such a bright editor. Can you consider adding the possibility to use custom theme or at least release a dark one like this.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, harmdhast said:

However, I can't work on such a bright editor. Can you consider adding the possibility to use custom theme or at least release a dark one like this.

Working on it! Looks promising.

• Like 1

I just came here to ask for a dark theme too! That would be great. Another idea would be to add some kind of style customisation for certain things that we can set ourselves somewhere? Depends on how far you want to go with this, etc... Maybe just add a dark theme option for now and do the advanced style customisation in the future, once more important things are done. When I say 'advanced style customisation' I mean something similar to this perhaps:

Capture.png

• Like 1

There will be two default "themes", light and dark. The themes are xml-files that can be edited, or new theme files can be added. You will be able to change colors and font weight for the different text parts - like "Comments" and "StringLiterals" etc. Polishing it now.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:16 PM, HazJ said:

Hey engima, TypeSqf crashes to the desktop when you paste code that contains HTML tags.

Thanks for letting me know! This will be fixed in the next version.

Hello @engima,

I'm waiting for your theme release rn.

Will you make the source code available on github for us to help you ?

New version released.

Version 0.47

-Added color theme "Default Dark" (community wish-list).
-Added possibility to customize color themes (community with-list).
-Added possibility to add predefined and customized variables to file templates (community wish-list).
-Added template for Description.ext.
-Fixed: When closing a tab, the previously opened tab should be activated.
-SQX: Compiler fixes and improvements.

• Like 1

@engima

--

I'm not fully understanding - may be used before being assigned a value

Public variable 'dm_scorelimit' may be used before being assigned a value.

--

and in another script I got  does not take left hand parameter of type 'nothing' expected a 'number'.

_vehicle  setFuel  ( fuel _vehicle - ( 0.05 * _wait)  * _deltaModifier ) max 0.02;

--

Also few times I've mistakenly clicked X, any chance you could add an undo/go back or maybe an auto save?

thanks for all the work your putting into this.

@engima

I like your editor but I would like to have an installer which puts the files in the program directory. The settings should be stored in the roaming folder. If you need help creating an installer script, I can assist you.

4 hours ago, dr death jm said:

@engima

--

I'm not fully understanding - may be used before being assigned a value

Public variable 'dm_scorelimit' may be used before being assigned a value.

--

and in another script I got  does not take left hand parameter of type 'nothing' expected a 'number'.

_vehicle  setFuel  ( fuel _vehicle - ( 0.05 * _wait)  * _deltaModifier ) max 0.02;

--

Also few times I've mistakenly clicked X, any chance you could add an undo/go back or maybe an auto save?

thanks for all the work your putting into this.

The warning "may be used before being assigned a value" means that there are execution paths where dm_scorelimit is not necessarily set before it is used. Assign it a value anywhere in a file that is included in the project, or right click on the error message and select 'Filter out for current project' to get rid of it.

The message "does not takt a left hand parameter of type 'nothing'" is because script command 'setFuel' returns 'Nothing'. TypeSqf believes your code line should be executed like this:

(_vehicle  setFuel  ( fuel _vehicle - ( 0.05 * _wait)  * _deltaModifier )) max 0.02;

Correct it by inserting parenthesis to have both TypeSqf, Arma 3 and humans to understand what is actually meant to happen:

_vehicle  setFuel  (( fuel _vehicle - ( 0.05 * _wait)  * _deltaModifier ) max 0.02));

Thanks for reminding med of the X! Of course there will be a "Do you want to save unsaved files" question before version 1.0 is released.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MasterPuffin said:

@engima

I like your editor but I would like to have an installer which puts the files in the program directory. The settings should be stored in the roaming folder. If you need help creating an installer script, I can assist you.

Personally I prefer having the settings in the exe folder. But I noticed that you then had to run the editor as administrator if you have the files on C: in Windows 10, so you are probably right. I'll fix that. Until then, running as administrator will solve all problems with settings, themes and templates.

An installer would be nice - I'll send you a PM.

Sorry to ask again but, is the indentation tab size feature still going to be added at some point? I am not asking for an ETA! (:

On 28 februari 2017 at 11:29 AM, HazJ said:

Sorry to ask again but, is the indentation tab size feature still going to be added at some point? I am not asking for an ETA! (:

Yes, it is on the TODO list.

Update: It's in. It will be in the next release.

New version released.

NOTE that the storage place for settings, templates and themes has changed. if you have personalized templates and themes they will need to be moved from the working folder to the TypeSqf Application Data folder. Let TypeSqf create them for you first, and then replace them with your own.

Version 0.48

-Added possibility to change tab settings (community wish-list).

-Added warning about unsaved files on application exit.

-Settings, Templates and Themes are now located in the Application Data folder ({user}\AppData\Roaming).

-Fixed: The file template "Working Tank Class" did not work.

-SQX: Fixed: Some bugs in the SQX compiler.

• Like 2