firewill

A-10 Warthog Series Standalone

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, firewill said:

if make some replacement config, maybe can switch the measurement.

I figured it out.  Wasn't too tough.  Thanks much!

39F6FEF319A4F9303021257D92D11F451B560091

39BA7B8D364BAAAB8439FA3894559F89451D10F5

15412D0D37F3BB78950BD926F5454B33E0063E95

2FC130A6C83AAA6FBD84CF70D3473CF135C338ED

dynamic loadout for A-10C

• Like 8

Love your work, love the model and love the armament,

I have been fiddling with this today, can you please confirm at the moment that the very centre weapons holder can not be used. At the moment I can only get the outside two on the fuselage for weapons attachment. If this is the case and it currently doesn't work will it in future releases.

55 minutes ago, Diver_ said:

Love your work, love the model and love the armament,

I have been fiddling with this today, can you please confirm at the moment that the very centre weapons holder can not be used. At the moment I can only get the outside two on the fuselage for weapons attachment. If this is the case and it currently doesn't work will it in future releases.

hardpoint no.6(center) is currently unavailable for weapon. 

For the longest time the Air Force wouldn't allow A-10s to use the (plumbed) no.6 pylon, because reasons. Its now used for 600 gal fuel tanks, bombs (it can take single bombs up to a Mk 84 or GBU-10), and travel pods after the A-10C upgrade, though it theoretically could have used them on old A models as well, policy said no because the air force is run by fighter pilots who have a hate boner on attack aircraft like the A-10. The pylon was always there, it's not like the F-15 1 and 9 pylons where they are inactive, they were just never used because reasons :P

Note: 8 and 4 are also plumbed for fuel tanks :)

28E252F49DD2081D0DA5BD526F59776E89E75675

TGP Selfie

and don't forget receive the free GBU-31 gift on selfie location

• Like 9

Could there be some way to choose what weapons he will use first?  Carpet bomb as option one in Arma?  Some way to tell Ai WP and altitude and move to WSO?

compare the before work, now plane can display the TGP screen without custom info display but doesn't follow pilotcamera zoom and optic mode.

• Like 5

E32208CBA815C3FB5ADC1A6F1F7C46D02225BC89

24FEAAE26B45E80F7C47ABB582263009386CA728

(DTV mode is using Full color again because fix the NV mode) 

more improved TGP display function test

can toggle zoom and display mode

3 types of zoom : Wide/Medium/Narrow

4 types of display mode : DTV(Full-color) / Night / FLIR BHOT and WHOT

summary of research

1. old TGP screen function(A-10C BETA used) : unstable(mean buggy, expect error message) / can't change zoom and display mode

2. driver cam custom info : very stable / can change zoom and display mode / only can activate when driver cam custom info is open.

3. pre-defined rendertarget class : very stable / easier to set-up / can't change zoom and display mode during research(maybe because pre-define?)

4. new function in above videos : stable / can change zoom and display mode / no need to open the driver cam custom info / limitation of loop, display have refresh time(and with pip lag.)

• Like 3

. TGP  have a lot of action. It would be cool to have a mod for TGP like a ACE interaction, to choose  action from drop down menu   with mouse cursor .  Something like ACE or Enchanced Interraction from Bad banson . Your work is amazing. I just hate arma scroll menu))

13 minutes ago, sammael said:

. TGP  have a lot of action. It would be cool to have a mod for TGP like a ACE interaction, to choose  action from drop down menu   with mouse cursor .  Something like ACE or Enchanced Interraction from Bad banson . Your work is amazing. I just hate arma scroll menu))

as you see the video, you can find never scroll the wheel when change the zoom and display mode because using the custom action key.

• Like 1

looking forward to the beta 6...this is so much more fun than vanilla. Especially since we apparently need to wait sometime longer for dynamic loadouts to be an actual ingame function.

7 hours ago, xon2 said:

looking forward to the beta 6...this is so much more fun than vanilla. Especially since we apparently need to wait sometime longer for dynamic loadouts to be an actual ingame function.

beta 6 is will be update after jet dlc release. 

• Like 2

Absolutely love what you're doing with the TGP functions! Awesome stuff!! :)

Come on Bohimia, give us some improved pip D:

• Like 2

I think its way too loud too. Realistic or not (al least in dcs the gun is not as loud compared to the rest of the A-10c systems), i always wished we had two extra sound sliders in arma. One for weapon/explosion sounds, and another for vehicle engine sound volume. Its just a pitty that one does not really hear any environmental sounds (rain, wind, birds) unless one accepts to have ones ear blown out by a gunshot or what not. Most of us have neighbours and family members we need to consider when playing with speakers on. So since BI seems not to have plans to add those seperate audio sliders, i for one would greatly appreciate if you could tune down the volume of the gau. Besides, even with earphones on, weapon sounds are way to loud compared to environmental sounds in general.

15 hours ago, xon2 said:

I think its way too loud too. Realistic or not (al least in dcs the gun is not as loud compared to the rest of the A-10c systems), i always wished we had two extra sound sliders in arma. One for weapon/explosion sounds, and another for vehicle engine sound volume. Its just a pitty that one does not really hear any environmental sounds (rain, wind, birds) unless one accepts to have ones ear blown out by a gunshot or what not. Most of us have neighbours and family members we need to consider when playing with speakers on. So since BI seems not to have plans to add those seperate audio sliders, i for one would greatly appreciate if you could tune down the volume of the gau. Besides, even with earphones on, weapon sounds are way to loud compared to environmental sounds in general.

yeah, so already volume was little down. and i wish BIS bring back the gun sound or sound effect for internal view.

5 hours ago, firewill said:

yeah, so already volume was little down. and i wish BIS bring back the gun sound or sound effect for internal view.

Could you bring it down? What I mean it is 20 times lauder that Wipeout for example. Not exaggerating. Atleast on my PC :/

• Like 1

it is good A-10 tutorial video by runy888, maybe you can find something didn't know before see this video!

So was messing around with a memory editor and managed to hack Arma's PIP view distance to 8km. Ran surprisingly well given the default is capped at 2km. I have yet to try turning player view distance below that of the pip to see if it increases stability.. as you can see the game had a memory crash at the end.

Next project: modifying the thermal aperture ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pingopete said:

hack Arma's PIP view distance to 8km. 

what the distance to target in this video?

21 hours ago, sammael said:

what the distance to target in this video?

About 4 km it says on the HMD under the slider on the right

After some more testing it would seem that player view distance caps PIP render distance.

Some more testing:

EDIT: Just wondering if it would be possible to have a variant or and option to have the mirrors folded up and just the TGP screen rendering PIP? I think the low fps is because there were 3 mirrors rendering at 8km in addition to the TGP screen. I used to have to do this in DCS A10 as the mirrors brought the performance way down and I literally never used them.

• Like 1

On 2017. 4. 30. at 5:22 AM, pingopete said:

About 4 km it says on the HMD under the slider on the right

After some more testing it would seem that player view distance caps PIP render distance.

Some more testing:

EDIT: Just wondering if it would be possible to have a variant or and option to have the mirrors folded up and just the TGP screen rendering PIP? I think the low fps is because there were 3 mirrors rendering at 8km in addition to the TGP screen. I used to have to do this in DCS A10 as the mirrors brought the performance way down and I literally never used them.

i'll looking into it and disable pip for mirror when folded.. if possible.

btw, that's really nice increased pip distance!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, firewill said:

i'll looking into it and disable pip for mirror when folded.. if possible.

btw, that's really nice increased pip distance!

Awesome! I posted this on reddit in the hope it might catch some developers eye, we can only hope