firewill

A-10 Warthog Series Standalone

Great work, many thanks!

FJutA0p.jpg

• Like 5

i'm really appreciate the using this A-10 Beta version and report some helpful feedback and reports!

i'll update some fix for A-10 today

- new interior glass material. so cockpit glass for interior is more clear to see than before.

- mk82 snakeye x 6 is now equip 6 bombs per pylon.

smart "mk82" bombs is will fix the next time with other aircraft update

• Like 2

Question on the upcoming C-version. Will the C-version be capable of carrying GBU-39/B or GBU-53/B? Some sources says it's in development and some says development was canceled in the fight to keep the A-10 alive for a few more years. I don't know the IRL details, but what's your plan? :)

i'll follow they(USAF) decision. maybe need to confirm of detail. until for that, no SDBs for A-10C.

• Like 1

i'm really appreciate the using this A-10 Beta version and report some helpful feedback and reports!

i'll update some fix for A-10 today

smart "mk82" bombs is will fix the next time with other aircraft update

It's not just mk82s but all bombs. CBUs and GBUs are included. Even GBU12 should not find target by itself. Since I'm TGP addon provider I knew this problem with your ammo box since very beginning but for some unknown reasons you don't like me and ignore my messages in this forum so I didn't bother myself to report it.

BETA 2 updated

- new interior glass material. so cockpit glass for interior is more clear to see than before.

- mk82 snakeye x 6 is now equip 6 bombs per pylon.

- mk84 2000lbs supported
  • Like 2

4 points from me:

1.The SUU 25 are working fine now I just needed to reinstall aws.

2.The wepon sound is awsome but it ends before the gun stops fireing.

3.It would be awsome, if it is possible to go away from the burst modes for the GAU 8 because it some times to long and some times to short(Only my opinion).

4.Is there an texture template aviable by now?

This are just this I want to mention this a10 ist the best one i fleew in arma 3 since release even through this baby is still in beta.

You made just great work like we all expected from you. :)

Incredible work on this 'Hog Firewill. I really like the improved smoke trails left by missiles-they look great :D

mSkRU98.jpg

• Like 2

maybe BI studio better call you to explain how to make jet dlc?haha;

can I tell you only one thing?about the sound of aim9...it need a shorten loop or a longer one because you can hear the end and the start of sample instead of a continue sound

• Like 1

Best A-10 in the game so far! Not my favourite plane but you changed that with your amazing work, and it's still only BETA!!

• Like 1

hi mate.

thx for fixing the glass in the canopy. now its fun flying with trackir.

i am not shure if i am right, but if you are going into loopings or sharp 90degrees

you loose speed very fast. but as i said  i could be wrong and the a-10 is like that.

if so leave like it is...

going back into cockpit and checking the baby!

thx for your work!

• Like 1

Mavs do not transmit video, so there is no way to see what the missile sees after the missile is fired irl.

ss9, you sure you're not using snakeye's? The high drag ones don't follow the CCIP at all, unfortunately

jaaxxxxon: After some testing today it stands true for regular Mk82's and all derivatives (GBU12, Mk84 etc etc), if dropped unguided with no lock. You need to release much later than indicated or you'll end up dropping quite short, well outside the indirect damage zone even when doing a stable dive with no twitchy movements.

One gets the hang of it after a while tho :)

actually, arma3 ccip isn't perfect match because its little relation with hardpoint position and slope.

FireWill can you add the Left control + rigth mouses button camara view  to UserAction please, thank man

Finally got around to test the A10-A beta.2

I am very happy with it so far , thanks for a great mod yet again Firewill.

It feels just "heavy" enough and has to be properly flown in order to keep in balance with thrust/altitude/turning rates etc.

it flies well in low speeds, and lands gently without having to spend all your essential morphine :)

The only drawback in this matter ( however not your fault) is the neverending story of fixed wing physics in Arma3.
They fixed it on the APEX civ cessna or atleast ugraded it,  so the plane actually turns when making a turn without having to pull back on the stick. So i hoped the same was applied on the rest of the fixed wings, but no joy.

There is some small tweaks that can be done but not sure if it can be done to this mod. There is a script that can be applied locally, which have used before, but not sure this is working any longer ?

Anyway, thats offtopic... and still on the whishlist for jet DLC ;)

The smoke trails of missilies..love them

The GAU-8..just as it should be, loud and devestating.

Sounds, very good.

Instruments/hud are clear and works

Love the SUU flares and smoke rockets. ( uber cool for infantry to request such stuff)

I did not get the maverick cam to work, but maybe i did something wrong ??

What i miss, as of now

A working TGP camera ( yes im aware its coming , but still miss it :)
Its SO important if the plane are ment to be used in combined operations with ground forces, as observation and intel gathering is 60% of the pilots job. IMHO.

What im no big fan of.

The pre arranged white laser mark crosses..Rather be "forced" to have someone on ground to mark targets with laser or have to drop bombs using the sights. ( its hard, but if we eventually get CCRP or a better working CCIP mode from BIS that will compensate for it)

All in all much appriciated stuff.

with this A10 and the F16 and potentially a larger cargo plane, what else do you need in Arma ;)

Sjaba...

let's talk about maverick camera... in real life, of course there is no have display like after launch/ until hit. 

but, if doesn't have that system. think about just black window panel on the cockpit or just fixed pip cam instead... its too boring, right?

so i think need some Active! so i've input.

FireWill can you add the Left control + rigth mouses button camara view  to UserAction please, thank man

you can add/modify your own key-bind for that. check the multifunction camera in keybinding option.

Finally got around to test the A10-A beta.2

I am very happy with it so far , thanks for a great mod yet again Firewill.

It feels just "heavy" enough and has to be properly flown in order to keep in balance with thrust/altitude/turning rates etc.

it flies well in low speeds, and lands gently without having to spend all your essential morphine :)

The only drawback in this matter ( however not your fault) is the neverending story of fixed wing physics in Arma3.
They fixed it on the APEX civ cessna or atleast ugraded it,  so the plane actually turns when making a turn without having to pull back on the stick. So i hoped the same was applied on the rest of the fixed wings, but no joy.

There is some small tweaks that can be done but not sure if it can be done to this mod. There is a script that can be applied locally, which have used before, but not sure this is working any longer ?

Anyway, thats offtopic... and still on the whishlist for jet DLC ;)

The smoke trails of missilies..love them

The GAU-8..just as it should be, loud and devestating.

Sounds, very good.

Instruments/hud are clear and works

Love the SUU flares and smoke rockets. ( uber cool for infantry to request such stuff)

I did not get the maverick cam to work, but maybe i did something wrong ??

What i miss, as of now

A working TGP camera ( yes im aware its coming , but still miss it :)
Its SO important if the plane are ment to be used in combined operations with ground forces, as observation and intel gathering is 60% of the pilots job. IMHO.

What im no big fan of.

The pre arranged white laser mark crosses..Rather be "forced" to have someone on ground to mark targets with laser or have to drop bombs using the sights. ( its hard, but if we eventually get CCRP or a better working CCIP mode from BIS that will compensate for it)

All in all much appriciated stuff.

with this A10 and the F16 and potentially a larger cargo plane, what else do you need in Arma ;)

Sjaba...

A-10A doesn't have Targeting pod, so i've input gun-cam instead. of course, A-10C will have TGP Camera with self-lase.

BRRRT Sound for A-10.

Yes. Just yes. It's the one thing that felt lacking in both the A-10 Thunderbolt II and the A-10 from RHS. 

Congrats on the initial release!

Excellent collection so far, seems there is room for one more also :D

CQGtCO6.jpg

• Like 4

How do I use the Gun-Cam?  Key?

check the multifunction camera in keybinding option

DE07C82CF03F6C2EFCCEBF91DF3A0C51180845BA

177C1FEB24CB1FA60ACDD9EB0F7ACCCC72654336

Zuni 5inch Rocket/Pod upgrade

hydra is also planning to upgrade, but too many! :(

anyway, currently working on:

- loadout module

- unlock killmark system

- two new skins, one of skin is old-style woodland camo

unfortunately, i'm planning to sync the previous works, so need some time for update of A-10 BETA 3.

of course if have any bug or problem in A-10 not AWS, please report to this thread  :)

• Like 7