goldblaze

TAC-OPS DLC discussion (speculation and hopes)

3 minutes ago, katipo66 said:

No pressure BI lol,  people's life happiness is at stake here, again!

im easy regarding the DLC and what ever it might be, and I'm strictly SP,  I've never really been interested in any official Arma 3 missions and played only 5% of the. campaign before getting bored... It's just me, short attention span.

I have fully embraced the 3D editor now, that thing is nearly as beautiful as Photoshop, I hope one day BI builds an Orbat that allows us to easily build our own armies and factions (ala the Alive ORBAT) to use in that editor, including easy retexturing of all assets, that would nearly be the perfect sandbox, the perfect one would be the ability to build terrains in it as well, that's where I hope they will take Arma, A fully realised editor, make it "more" easier for (us wanna be) modders to create the content and mission makers to do their thing, that way you don't need to worry about campaigns and missions or what era the next title will be, etc you just provide the tools.

Anyway i have sunk a few hours in this game and kinda hope there is no Arma 4 because now I'm at the age where I feel guilty wasting so many precious hours in a day on a damn computer game, look at me blabbering away I forgot what thread I'm on...

Everything you've listed here can be done, and has been done multiple times over by many people.

The only thing holding anyone back is themselves.

Problem is here people want BI to streamline something that is already available and easy to access.

It's sort of like, why should BI make a new medical system when you can design one from scratch and make it do whatever you want it to.

May i remind, once again. They have to slate these projects in advance, and allocate resources and money , employees to each feature we're seeing here.

Can't just snap their fingers and **BAM** instant feature implemented. There are many employees who actually seem to do private projects as well, iirc combat patrol was entirely based off a BI employee's personal project. I see no reason why something like this couldn't occur in the future. But besides that, there isn't much leeway 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Midnighters said:

I honestly think the people who are complaining are the same people who disagree with the DLC model in Arma 3.

This is nothing new in terms of (BI is a business, don;t you forget that). 

The lack of platform updates with tac ops reels me back a bit,

but I am perfectly content with getting 8 hours of new and exciting gameplay.

if you're so worried about the price tag, grab the dlc bundle. Not hard people.

And what makes you take this leap of assumption? Clearly you havent been reading the reasons why people are upset -money has zero to do with it. Spent $500 on VBS Private Edition solely for the reason that they had implemented a middleware AI pathfinding solution (which sucked btw). Played it maybe 10 hours and never once complained about the money.

Not going to reiterate all the points that were already clearly stated so hint: its about improving the SP experience via AI improvement and other immersions like ALICE and generally the trajectory of all of their resources being directed towards MP.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

And what makes you take this leap of assumption? Clearly you havent been reading the reasons why people are upset -money has zero to do with it. Spent $500 on VBS Private Edition solely for the reason that they had implemented a middleware AI pathfinding solution (which sucked btw). Played it maybe 10 hours and never once complained about the money.

Not going to reiterate all the points that were already clearly stated so hint: its about improving the SP experience via AI improvement and other immersions like ALICE and generally the trajectory of all of their resources being directed towards MP.

Well, it's obvious you droned out the casual screechers then,

because there is quite a big fuss over it all.

Didn't really have to do with previous posts.

I would spend any of my paychecks on something BI has made,

just to check it out. Support them.

Sorry to hear a civilian variant of a training simulation didn't work out so well for you.

27 minutes ago, Midnighters said:

I honestly think the people who are complaining are the same people who disagree with the DLC model in Arma 3.

You are way off. Keep to asspumpin instead off half ass assumption. Ha couldn't resist.

but I am perfectly content with getting 8 hours of new and exciting gameplay.

New and exciting?  this all based on fact or a hunch? How do you know any of this? . You have a real dry hump for assuming.  I mean I like bis work.  but hell being a nodding dog droning out "I'll spend all my money on bis profucts just cause"  customer also doesn't help a company.  

Hopefully the new missions are good. Unfortunately it's a missed opportunity to bring more to arma 3.  Squad radar? Is it dead? Who knows.  Flash bangs I dunno as a business model a few little additions might have sold more dlc. 

Just now, Midnighters said:

Everything you've listed here can be done, and has been done multiple times over by many people.

The only thing holding anyone back is themselves.

Problem is here people want BI to streamline something that is already available and easy to access.

It's sort of like, why should BI make a new medical system when you can design one from scratch and make it do whatever you want it to.

May i remind, once again. They have to slate these projects in advance, and allocate resources and money , employees to each feature we're seeing here.

Can't just snap their fingers and **BAM** instant feature implemented. There are many employees who actually seem to do private projects as well, iirc combat patrol was entirely based off a BI employee's personal project. I see no reason why something like this couldn't occur in the future. But besides that, there isn't much leeway 

Probably you have misunderstood or mis-interpreted my post,  I'm not snapping fingers demanding anything, just day dreaming...  Take a chill pill, everyone uptight over nuthin :)

1 minute ago, teabagginpeople said:

You are way off. Keep to asspumpin instead off half ass assumption. Ha couldn't resist.

New and exciting?  this all based on fact or a hunch? How do you know any of this? . You have a real dry hump for assuming.  

Hopefully the new missions are good. Unfortunately it's a missed opportunity to bring more to arma 3.  Squad radar? Is it dead? Who knows.  Flash bangs I dunno as a business model a few little additions might have sold more dlc. 

Wow that hurt my fragile little heart. Ouch.

Half assed assumption hm?

I understand there was more than just dlc  price discrepancies to the tac ops dlc,

but if this was all free or if we got a platform update with this then everybody would be a little less crazy right about now.

I highly doubt "BI lost their opportunity", I think you're expecting more than reasonable. Who knows, this may just be filler content for something they're doing in the background and didn't have time to slate more than just missions.

Sounds like someone is making some half assed assumptions to me.

1 minute ago, katipo66 said:

Probably you have misunderstood or mis-interpreted my post,  I'm not snapping fingers demanding anything, just day dreaming...  Take a chill pill, everyone uptight over nuthin :)

Right, well. Problem is that same idea has been recycled and reposted too many times to count in my experience.

But I understand, I'm not uptight. All I am saying is that it is possible, just don't expect BI to do so.

Look I'm being hopeful here that we will get something substantial. They mention three operations which could mean multiple missions in a operation. They also mention having multiple views so hopefully it means you got like a on the ground sort of view mixed in with a tank operator view or heli support or something. Playing from these type of views could make for some interesting replayability which is something they keep going on about. They mentioned apex being highly replayable which it wasn't really. Was a boring slog to get through though the main campaign had a few replayable missions with multiple objectives which were way better then what we got with apex. I know they said in the anniversary post they let us down so I'm expecting big things from this dlc. It's got a good price but it needs to have a good amount of content in these missions. Fingers crossed.

I'd imagine the operations - for example - are like NATO's retaking of Altis, CSAT's COIN missions, etc. Large missions with multiple POVs.

Dunno why, but I feel I'm gonna be disappointed :(

• Like 2

While I would love doing such a mission on my own, I feel like it must be hell to script this kind of stuff and make it all work. Heh.

18 hours ago, Stalkermaster2015 said:

Look I'm being hopeful here that we will get something substantial. They mention three operations which could mean multiple missions in a operation. They also mention having multiple views so hopefully it means you got like a on the ground sort of view mixed in with a tank operator view or heli support or something. Playing from these type of views could make for some interesting replayability which is something they keep going on about. They mentioned apex being highly replayable which it wasn't really. Was a boring slog to get through though the main campaign had a few replayable missions with multiple objectives which were way better then what we got with apex. I know they said in the anniversary post they let us down so I'm expecting big things from this dlc. It's got a good price but it needs to have a good amount of content in these missions. Fingers crossed.

They said 3 re-playable missions. I feel it will be more combat than story, but whatever, *clicks taskbar and returns back to eden*

On 23/10/2017 at 11:07 AM, M. Glade said:

They said 3 re-playable missions. I feel it will be more combat than story, but whatever, *clicks taskbar and returns back to eden*

3 replayable missions... at least it will be one for each faction. NATO CSAT AAF.

14 minutes ago, esfumato said:

3 replayable missions... at least it will be one for each faction. NATO CSAT AAF.

To be honest, we don't really know that yet - but that would seem logical!

4 hours ago, esfumato said:

I don't know if I would like that.

im kind of hoping since they mention point of view that you have a scenario that can be played from multiple sides.

example: NATO is attacking a military complex. AAF is defending it and CSAT is a clean up crew or something and you can play the mission from all 3 sides with different outcomes. That would give it replayability and allow for all factions rather then just one whole mission with different point of views of NATO (such as being a tank commander, heli pilot and squad commander) attacking a military complex.

• Like 2

Just now, Stalkermaster2015 said:

I don't know if I would like that.

im kind of hoping since they mention point of view that you have a scenario that can be played from multiple sides.

example: NATO is attacking a military complex. AAF is defending it and CSAT is a clean up crew or something and you can play the mission from all 3 sides with different outcomes. That would give it replayability and allow for all factions rather then just one whole mission with different point of views of NATO (such as being a tank commander, heli pilot and squad commander) attacking a military complex.

I played a Steam Workshop mission a while ago where the player could actually change characters during the mission to get a different perspective on the battlefield. That was quite interesting too.

I would like to know if someone have acces to the live streams of the gamescom 2017. I think there they did a really short interview about BIS general projects. Dayz , Argo, Ylands... and if I am not mistaken they talked about tact ops.

I think they showed a short video about, doing plans to execute operations. Placing waypoints to Ai. And executing the planned mission later.

Something like that. Have anyone acces to those gamescon live streams????

>.> why would CQB not be part of tactical operations?

<.< Why would Sending the AI for brain implants not be part of tactical operations?
>.> why would improving the AI soo they are more challanging and have some thing between Retarded potato and chease monkey ninja aimbots not Fit with in the Tac-Pps DLC ?

<.< and lastly Why why on earth should New assets like Breaching charges Linuear shape charge based Portable insta doors and a mix of Hardend Idustreal/commercial Extearor interior doors and a variety of Windows and bars that would force the Player to think how will i handle this situation NOT be part of a DLC about tactics which involves thinking and planning?

with each DLC Arma seams to be like ENH get the modders to fix what we neglected...

I mean... Why do you think so many works shop Single player missions say download cup NIArms or RHS in the first place?

1 hour ago, DruidicRifleman said:

>.> why would CQB not be part of tactical operations?

<.< Why would Sending the AI for brain implants not be part of tactical operations?
>.> why would improving the AI soo they are more challanging and have some thing between Retarded potato and chease monkey ninja aimbots not Fit with in the Tac-Pps DLC ?

<.< and lastly Why why on earth should New assets like Breaching charges Linuear shape charge based Portable insta doors and a mix of Hardend Idustreal/commercial Extearor interior doors and a variety of Windows and bars that would force the Player to think how will i handle this situation NOT be part of a DLC about tactics which involves thinking and planning?

Because it's a mission pack not an assets pack.

New SITREP is out.

Nothing really interesting about Tac-Ops.

They're just working on the localization, that's all.

No ETA to release date nor in Dev Branch.

There is this;

'take advantage of new scripted systems to help create advanced custom Arma 3 scenarios'

It would be nice if the squad radar makes it in. Not sure about the AAR they mention.

59 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

There is this;

'take advantage of new scripted systems to help create advanced custom Arma 3 scenarios'

It would be nice if the squad radar makes it in. Not sure about the AAR they mention.

I'm pretty sure the AAR is like the Apex video briefings but as an outro, something extra I guess.

Kinda bummed that we may not see Miller again, that daft geezer better make an appearance on the next title. 

2 hours ago, semiconductor said:

https://arma3.com/dlc/tacops

Well, it's November 30 and it's 3 (three, as in one plus one plus one) singleplayer (as in you can't play with friends) operations.

It's not even funny anymore. :|

Yeah, talk about a "campaign".

• Like 1

It's 3 missions that can be played from multiple perspectives though so really 6 "levels" (at least) plus optional objectives that branch out. I think it's worth it for the price. Co-op would have been cooler but that complicates mission design.

Additionally, at no point does this release say that there are "3 missions" in the pack it just says "three challenging military operations" so potentially there could be 1000s of missions that make up those operations. However, dozens wouldn't be realistic let alone thousands. It very well could be 3 missions though but I'm torn. On one hand I think it would benefit BI to specify X number of missions if it is more than 3 missions but at the same time perhaps there could be a surprise. I'm going in with a there are "3 great branching missions that can be played from multiple perspectives" outlook though.

4 hours ago, semiconductor said:

https://arma3.com/dlc/tacops

Well, it's November 30 and it's 3 (three, as in one plus one plus one) singleplayer (as in you can't play with friends) operations.

Just waiting for them to hit dev branch

3 minutes ago, jakerod said:

It's 3 missions that can be played from multiple perspectives though so really 6 "levels" (at least) plus optional objectives that branch out. I think it's worth it for the price. Co-op would have been cooler but that complicates mission design.

Well, at least now it's SP focused - unlike APEX.

That's good for people (like me) who enjoy SP

3 minutes ago, jakerod said:

Additionally, at no point does this release say that there are "3 missions" in the pack it just says "three challenging military operations"

BIS dev already said there are 3 missions

• Like 3