goldblaze

TAC-OPS DLC discussion (speculation and hopes)

Improved AI would be great!

When shot (or exposed to a shock wave like a flash-bang) there should be a high chance that the AI drops the weapon and flees or ducks for cover.

The chance could be influenced by the skill level and the body part hit.

There would be a risk that the AI returns to the fight - especially after being patched up.

An unarmed, injured, suppressed and/ or overwhelmed enemy should have a high chance of surrendering.

It should be possible to restrain them.

As long as they are not restrained there should be a risk that they flee or pick up a weapon again.

Would make a more dynamic gameplay!

• Like 3

And again:
1. The civilian population for all islands with traffic, including air traffic.
2. Something like a warfare module (with many options - spawn helicopters, airplanes, artillery support, minefields, etc.)
Development and improvement of command modules (commander and subordinate - deploy mortar, demine, mince position, get in, get out of the vehicle, etc.)

• Like 1

You know it's Tac-Ops aka Tactical Operations?

Means there is no high command nor warfare mode at tactical level.

• Like 1

Tactical Operations is high command, can this work in a SP environment? I don't think so, definitively its for MP.

Maybe it is doing to be a overall functions in the squad management, vanilla ACRE / Task Force Radio and some goodies (friend or foe IR, etc).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_operations_center

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tacops4/tacops4.html

On 01/09/2017 at 1:35 PM, five_seven5-7 said:

Tactical Operations is high command, can this work in a SP environment? I don't think so, definitively its for MP.

Maybe it is doing to be a overall functions in the squad management, vanilla ACRE / Task Force Radio and some goodies (friend or foe IR, etc).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactical_operations_center

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tacops4/tacops4.html

Unfortunately I think no high command dlc etc. although I would wish for one myself.

• Arma 3 Tac-Ops (est. Q4 2017*)
    Plan and execute to successfully accomplish your mission objective in a series of 'tactical operations'. The Arma 3 Tac-Ops DLC will deliver new singleplayer scenarios that focus upon challenging, replayable, and authentic military gameplay - making the best use of Arma 3's sandbox terrain, vehicles, and weapons.

On 11/2/2016 at 5:42 AM, Blafirelli said:

That would be great. Although i would significantly slow down those animation in order to have them realistic...

You could link it to stamina. Out of stamina? Do it really slowly. Got most of your stamina? Fairly quick.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:14 PM, jone_kone said:

• Arma 3 Tac-Ops (est. Q4 2017*)
    Plan and execute to successfully accomplish your mission objective in a series of 'tactical operations'. The Arma 3 Tac-Ops DLC will deliver new singleplayer scenarios that focus upon challenging, replayable, and authentic military gameplay - making the best use of Arma 3's sandbox terrain, vehicles, and weapons.

At least it's still coming.  No coop is a disappointment.  

13 hours ago, CANADAVE said:

People had their co op in Apex. This dlc is meant for those that were expecting a singleplayer mode in Apex as I like to pretend we never got one.

Besides I'm sure a few people could get them working in Mp. But I prefer them balanced for Sp

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CANADAVE said:

I would have preferred some proper Multiplayer i.e. TvT or PvP. However i am glad there is proper single player coming along :sun:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

i am glad there is proper single player coming along :sun:

+1

• Like 3

aroundthecornrsmall.gif

That extendable mini mirror! How many times I'm around a corner or h-barrier and I don't want to peek my head out because there is some CSAT ai with wallhacks, even just a small reticle in the side of the screen which you can utilize via a inventory item would make mine and alot of other peoples' days a ton easier! 

• Like 1

Sorry for my English.

Suggestions:

1) Underwater vehicle for divers

rotinor_seabob_blackshadow_730_1.jpg

Seabob-Cayago-Magnum_1.jpg

2) Light Air Vehicle

post-10416-0-28757200-1374514926.jpg

zastavka_-_kopiya.jpg

3) WingSuit

Kostyum-dlya-poletov-Vingsyut.jpg

4) New QuadBike

1479340010_am_1_7.jpg

1416285225_10177624.jpg

1479339681_mmk.jpg

• Like 3

I'd like to see a better navigation mesh for the ai to make urban combat possible as well as improve the game as a whole.

• Like 4

• A better radio/team command system.
  • Improved AI movement, especially in urban areas for CQBs.
  • Lean and peak alla Rainbow 6 Vegas.
  • Hand signal animations, especially during stealth mode. 
  • Improved weapon customisation - more possibilities for laser and/or tac-flash placement, stocks, scopes, etc. 
  • Like 2

Last sitrep is up and we have more infos about Tac Ops.

- 3 missions

- 8 hours of playtime depending of the difficulty setting and the way you play

- replay possibility

- switch the point of view

- no new asset

- no new feature

What do you thibk about it?

However, we feel it's important to already make clear that the Tac-Ops Mission Pack does not include new assets or platform features.

this is the dealbreaker... wtf no coop, no assets, paying money (even if i see it as a donation for the good support) for 3 sp missions (there are 100+ good sp missions in workshop even with voice acting), but personal i disliked jets dlc, orange dlc and now with the knowledge that tac ops is sp only stuff without anything new, i start to regret buying dlc bundle #2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wiki said:

Completely unessential.

2 hours ago, wiki said:

- 3 missions

- replay possibility

- no new asset

- no new feature

IMO could've been a free update but we'll see what's truly coming. I'm still optimistic.

3 hours ago, wiki said:

- 3 missions

- replay possibility

- no new asset

- no new feature

Underwhelmed... :/ Had hoped for at least something asset wise.

However, considering Jets, Orange and upcoming Tanks it´s still worth the DLC bundle, which didn´t cost that much as a pre-order. 

Would be really interesting to know what BI had in mind originally. They called it Tac-Ops DLC to begin with, not "mission pack". Did they actually have some assets planned in the beginning but in the end they didn´t have the resources or time to create any quality ones and decided to just concentrate on SP? Could it be that the Tanks DLC takes more resources than originally planned and having it release on time required scrapping assets for Tac-Ops? If they didn´t have any assets planned even to begin with, then it´s really disappointing.

• Like 2

Pretty disappointing but cant say im surprised. I just honestly dont get why they look to us singleplayers like red headed stepchildren -many of us were the initial base of the game series. I get that the current money trend is MP Player Unknown type stuff but does that always have to come at the expense of SP playing?

Tank Guys: Get Tank DLC with features and Content

Plane Guys: Get Plane DLC with features and Content

Helicopters: Same thing

Apex: a Campaign dedicated to MP

Tac-OpS: The one I and many ol Swat 4 heads like me have been patiently waiting for....? Yall get no features or content. Look at all the cool items and ideas in this thread - none of it. Im starting to wonder if anyone at BI feels connected to the old OFP series, the Legacy or perhaps they are just a new breed of designer/gamer more lined up with the current trends.

Ill await more infop on buying it but am definitely disappointed. The last DLC was impressive which I give the highest marks to so im not giving up completely.

Edit: And agree with above on the name -Tac Ops gives the definite impression that it will include Urban fighting, cqb type flashbangin, handcuffin, new stealthy animation moves etc....its misleading to a fault

• Like 1

No assets.

No warfare system.

No Civilian system.

Classic Arma experience ... ? mmm ... for me classic Arma experience is a warfare mode or CTI mode of the game (the universal mode - I spent not 8 hours, ... 2013 - 2009 and - 2000 ... WOW 13 years of my life!!!)))))))))))))), that was experience!!! Like in SP and MP).

Very sad, my hopes gone. 

• Like 1

Beggars can't be choosers.  I'll take more official SP content any day of the week, and have been asking for it for years, especially after the Apex Protocol debacle.  I already bought the DLC bundle #2, so there's nothing else to do but cross my fingers and be optimistic.

Three cheers to BI!!!!  :wine: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OMAC said:

Beggars can't be choosers.

Paying customers can though. ;)

15 hours ago, wiki said:

Well to be completely honest I never really understood what to expect from Tac-Ops. Seeing that I have always been more excited about Jets and Tanks DLC, I have more or less assumed that Tac-Ops is going to bring something new and fun to the game. 

My expectations were intense, small-scale cooperative missions that offered a very high level of replayability with features such as:

• Mission types : Assault, Hostage Rescue, Sabotage, Bomb defusal, Counter-Terrorism etc.
  • Randomization : Random enemy and own factions/types/tech, random force strength, skill, map & location, time of day etc.
  • Planning phase : Let players view the objectives first and known threats, then choose how to execute the mission (stealthy or not).
  • Score/rating system : Allow players to view their statistics after mission. Check things such as kills, times incapacitated, time alive, objectives completed etc. Give a score you can try to beat next time.

This and some new feature/equipment is what I was hoping for.

However, it seems Tac-Ops is just a "filler" between Orange and Tanks. Sure, I enjoy the ArmA SP experience, and especially after playing Orange DLC campaign. I must hand it to BI that they reached a new milestone with that campaign.

Hopefully they will bring everything good from the Orange DLC campaign into the Tac-Ops missions. They claim that the missions will offer replayability and typical ArmA-style sandbox gameplay. Hopefully the missions are really good and probably even raise the bar for official ArmA 3 mission content! As a bonus, I would hope that these missions could be released with multiplayer compatibility, but I expect they would not have underlined SP missions if that was the case.

Either way, I'm enjoying the changes to tanks in Devbranch, but sometimes progress is slow there so it will be good to mess around with Tac-Ops while waiting for tanks!

One of the major problems I have with the announced contents of Tac Ops-DLC is that the announcement of the end of development for Arma 3 preceeded it.

There's only the Tanks DLC after Tac Ops - so the only two things we will EVER receive for Arma 3 are a modification with a very specific radius (tracked vehicles) and a bunch of SP missions.

I don't want to be bitter and say that BI never did anything, the very opposite is true, but that prospect is not just underwhelming, that's like saying: I have only three months left to live - better use it to the fullest and stay home all day and look at the ceiling.