goldblaze

TAC-OPS DLC discussion (speculation and hopes)

4 hours ago, sammael said:

It will be something like RAVAGE by haleks, but without zombies. Maybe  + small new game mechanics.

44a3903adff6.jpg

e11d9d918625.jpg

sneaky stuff right there I tell you. 

26 minutes ago, Midnighters said:

sneaky stuff right there I tell you. 

what do you mean? I found this in official  trailer

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sammael said:

what do you mean? I found this in official  trailer

I understand that. What i mean is good eye in a sense.

• Like 1

Well there's mortars and "bis_survivor"s in the East Wind campaign too, so it most likely just means there's a character who has survived some tragic event, like from that burning vehicle on the screen.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

Well there's mortars and "bis_survivor"s in the East Wind campaign too, so it most likely just means there's a character who has survived some tragic event, like from that burning vehicle on the screen.

Very true. 

I would love to see BIS add suppressor models to the M320 Intervention and the GM6 12.7 mm anti-material rifle (I would personally shorten the barrels on each).  They could also add a round inside the chamber of each rifle and pistol on all Apex and default A3 weapons for press checking animations so the player can see a round in the chamber when the bolt or slide are pulled back slightly.  This would be added for immersion and overall gameplay coolness.

9 hours ago, swtx said:

I would love to see BIS add suppressor models to the M320 Intervention and the GM6 12.7 mm anti-material rifle (I would personally shorten the barrels on each).  They could also add a round inside the chamber of each rifle and pistol on all Apex and default A3 weapons for press checking animations so the player can see a round in the chamber when the bolt or slide are pulled back slightly.  This would be added for immersion and overall gameplay coolness.

You've already made a thread about this, there's no need to repeat it here given this is not a request thread.

• Like 3

Knives knives knives and take downs. I mean what soldier even in real life doesn't have a knife?

• Like 1

I will be very happy if these moves "Enhanced Movement by Bad Beason" to added in a DLC.

I would like to see the weapons shotguns,medicine,equipment in the game escape Tarkova

i woul dlove to see gun slings, using your side arm is kinda useless when reloading is just as fast. if we could finally use weapons like actual soldiers that would be amazing

On 12/06/2017 at 7:08 PM, RacerX said:

Knives knives knives and take downs. I mean what soldier even in real life doesn't have a knife?

There's me thinking in 2035 it would be all about swords :f:

On 12/06/2017 at 7:08 PM, RacerX said:

What modern soldier in real life has EVER used their knife in combat? Hint: The answer is somewhere between 0 and 2.

On 7.8.2017 at 5:33 PM, GBee2 said:

What modern soldier in real life has EVER used their knife in combat? Hint: The answer is somewhere between 0 and 2.

I don't think so. There is a reason for soldiers carrying knifes in CQB situations. I know quite a lot of former soldiers, who changed to work for the police (for German military problems reasons) and who are still carrying knifes to be prepared for super short range engagements. If your opponent is right in front of you a gun might not be the right choice. He can grab the barrel and pull it away. You would have no weapon then. A knife is definitely superior when it comes to very close fights.

10 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

I don't think so. There is a reason for soldiers carrying knifes in CQB situations. I know quite a lot of former soldiers, who changed to work for the police (for German military problems reasons) and who are still carrying knifes to be prepared for super short range engagements. If your opponent is right in front of you a gun might not be the right choice. He can grab the barrel and pull it away. You would have no weapon then. A knife is definitely superior when it comes to very close fights.

They carry knives, but they never actually get used in combat, it's more psychological backup than anything. Knives are used for all sorts of purposes like cutting rope, or slicing an apple, but extremely rarely in combat.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 6:48 PM, snakeplissken said:

I will be very happy if these moves "Enhanced Movement by Bad Beason" to added in a DLC.

I hope for something like this too.  Most importantly, I hope the AI can perform any & all new abilities added to players.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, GBee2 said:

Hi Folks,

I like the true story of the Marine who's guys were being decimated by a house full of insurgents armed with some static machine guns - he got angry - charged the house by himself killing all the insurgents in the resulting room to room fighting - finally ran out of ammo and beat the last one to death with his helmet in hand to hand combat - the guys a Little League Coach back in the real world... It's not all point and shoot...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scottb613 said:

I like the true story of the Marine who's guys were being decimated by a house full of insurgents armed with some static machine guns - he got angry - charged the house by himself killing all the insurgents in the resulting room to room fighting - finally ran out of ammo and beat the last one to death with his helmet in hand to hand combat - the guys a Little League Coach back in the real world... It's not all point and shoot...

The entire point is that stories like this stand out because situations like that are very rare ...

My hopes for TAC-OPS DLC would be:

• Adding better movement features such as climbing through windows and over fences, scaling buildings with help from team mates. Like the EnhanceMovement mod.
  • Precision placement of charges/mines, such as attaching charges to vehicles.
  • Night vision options for snipers.
  • Grenade throwing options for over/under hand throws.

From the little chess piece that is the Tac-Op's DLC logo, I would hope that the DLC is going to be centred more around strategy and tactics. And from what was said about a single player focused experience I would really like to see an overhaul to the command system. Something along the lines of what MadCheese has been working on with his C2: Command and Control mod. His work is stellar and I am adoring commanding my squad around, but I feel that he has to work around a lot of ArmA's shortcomings, so I would like to see this small but neglected feature of ArmA enhanced.

Though new features are always nice, a more fluid way of commanding troops is what I would hope for, giving them a more predictable outcome when issuing orders. So I would definitely like to see an overhauled squad command system and easy-to-use UI, new AI behaviours (AI automatically pushing up against walls for cover and deploying their bipods if they can) and lastly some enhancements to the revive system, that being the ability for AI to use it, not being insta-killed in vehicles and for the love of god the ability to drag and carry the wounded once again.

That is my two-cents, but at the end of the day we can only wait and see what BI come up with.

• Like 4

Does anyone know where to find the gamescom  2017 interviews? I think on those appeared a small video of Tact-Ops. Something like making plans on the map and then seeing the ai executing your plan.

Want to see it again. Because I wasn't paying attention to the streaming.