DirtySanchez

[BETA] Open Chernarus Project - Plug AND Play - All Map Support - Dynamic Simulation

Just to clarify... this mod is meant for servers, it doesn´t work for SP right? Everytime I activate it and open the 3D editor, the cherno buildings are still the same (aren´t replaced by JBAD enterables.... of course I have JBAD activated too) _ I have even opened the debug window and typed the code line for replacing the buildings and nothing happens =(

It would be awesome, thou, if it worked on SP, as Ravage and other survival/wasteland mods would have great use of this mod =)

Cheers!

use no jbad version. After Play scenario button -most of houses have interior  for me

• Like 2

Yep it doesnt work in 3d editor as far as i can tell -meaning you cant place AI in the interior houses as they (the interior houses) seem to switch up and only work after you hit the Play button

Yep it doesnt work in 3d editor as far as i can tell -meaning you cant place AI in the interior houses as they (the interior houses) seem to switch up and only work after you hit the Play button

Ohhh it DOES work! Thanks Sammael... Well, Froggyluv, indeed the buildings gets replaced when you enter the mission (or preview it) but Ravage and some garrison scripts may work, as long as they have this open houses classnames integrated!

Wow, Cherno looks so much better now... it lags like hell for 5 mins then it all settles and the game flows... guess it´s the time the buildings get replaced and the plug n play script is working, so it lags for a little while, but then it is all bussiness =)

Thanks for wrapping up Argument´s work, DirtySanchez, this has so much potential!

Cheers!

• Like 1

cool stuff , nice work    more enterable buildings = more looting pos  :)

just a question , is it working with chernarsus-winter also?

• Like 1

Any chance the biuldings will eventually show up in the editor? I love 'em, but I really wish they did as otherwise I am reliant on going into Zeus to place units inside and predicting which buildings are most important.

The current Multimap multimod addition does support chernarus winter map

I want JBAD buildings too. Planning on adding support for that on Chernaus Winter AS well.

Again thanks foxhound for the update on armaholic :)

Yes all charnarus variants, napf and now podagorsk are supported.

JBAD if loaded should replace as well.

If you have single player missions that don't pop and it has a dedicated missionName I'm sure we can work it in for those wonderful arma 3 community players ;)

Please we are very open to making this work in every way possible, just need the rest of ya to get involved and get some info over to us.

Discord is the best place for quick communication and teamspeak for more info or a chat.

Have a great Sunday everyone

• Like 2

Hey Dirty Sanchez, and all Survival mission enthusiasts: I´ve tested Open Chernarus with some mission/mods and so far, if the loot scripts are on the fly (spawn things as long the player is near/inside certain radius of buildings) it works with Open Chernarus Project "opened houses"!!!!

Here´s some proof - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=799433364

This is only getting better ;)

Cheers!

• Like 6

Dirty sanchez

I was tinkering around with a loot spawn script on open chernarus with open and JBAD installed.A very odd thing is happening....

Loot will spawn in a defined radius,when i leave the loot area,and wait x amount of time,i return(the loot despawns and respawns) but all the houses that are open,have DESPAWNED lol

I know its not an issue with open chernarus as i think they may also despawn editor placed objects,but would you have any idea why this is happening or anyway to stop your buildings despawning?

hi, but what about house position? i think to permanent loot or unit spawn scripts, the interior of houses are created by distance with player no?

Tested, that s the chernarus resurection, i love this job  :D

• Like 1

OCP will see an update today with many more fixes.

[FIXED]House 3I1 - glass from back door did not move with opening of door

[FIXED]Config errors - all 12 original configs were missing entries

[FIXED]Ruins - all Houses were pointing to incorrect location of ruins models

[FIXED]Models.cfg - 2 of these had an extra comma at the end of the selections

Todays fixes now make the OCP compatible for terrain makers to use with their own terrains.

Todays fixes also put us much closer to being done with correcting all the issues with Arguments original work.

Again, Thanks to everyone for all their help and posts and well Community Spirit!

• Like 6

This is outstanding.

I was testing it with ALiVE, and the ALiVE units that spawn in do indeed go inside these buildings and take up positions. 

This is a big big deal in regards to breathing new life in A2 maps.  If this can be expanded to Sahrani, Takistan.....oh my!

• Like 2

This is outstanding.

I was testing it with ALiVE, and the ALiVE units that spawn in do indeed go inside these buildings and take up positions. 

This is a big big deal in regards to breathing new life in A2 maps.  If this can be expanded to Sahrani, Takistan.....oh my!

Would this be compatible with a mission made on the regular map? I know you have some. Is it just as easy as using this map and it simply works or do you need to make the mission from scratch?

I haven't check this out yet so forgive me if this is an entirely new map in the editor. If so obviously you'd need to start fresh.

• Like 1

Would this be compatible with a mission made on the regular map? I know you have some. Is it just as easy as using this map and it simply works or do you need to make the mission from scratch?

I haven't check this out yet so forgive me if this is an entirely new map in the editor. If so obviously you'd need to start fresh.

It's plug and play.  I loaded up Thor's Hammer, which I built over a year ago, and it works instantly.  JBAD buildings and new enterable buildings replace the old buidlings instantly and the ALiVE units enter these buildings and take up positions.

I haven't tested to see if Assymetric units will build installations in these buildings though.  That's my next test.

• Like 3

Thanks Foxhound and the rest of the replies.

Being that we went into MultiMap and MultiMod support, I have provided a piece of code for the debug that will tell us if you have any qualifying buildings on your map.

Storage = [];
_checkBldgArray = ["Land_HouseV_1L2","Land_HouseV_1t","Land_HouseV_2I","Land_HouseV_2L","Land_HouseV_2T1","Land_HouseV_2T2","Land_HouseV_3I1","Land_HouseV_3I2","Land_HouseV_3I3","Land_HouseV_3I4","Land_a_stationhouse","Land_SS_hangar","Land_Mil_House","Land_Mil_Barracks","Land_Mil_ControlTower","Land_Mil_Guardhouse","Land_Mil_Barracks_L"];
{
    _bldgObjects = nearestObjects [(getArray (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition")), [_x], 20000];
    _countBldgs = count(_bldgObjects);
    Storage pushback [_x,_countBldgs];
}forEach _checkBldgArray;
diag_log str (worldName);
diag_log str (Storage);
hint str (Storage);

run that and tell us the results from your RPT. 
If you notice there are 2 diag_log lines.

The first will tell us the map name and the second will give us an array.

Just copy that info and get in touch with us on Discord, our Website or even here/steam.

Have a great week guys/gals 

Hi Dirty sanchez,thanks again for this mod im having a great time on summer chernarus.

I was wondering if any more buildings on this map will be enterable in the future.The piano house(sorry i dont have better description,if you ever played dayz standalone you might know wich one i mean) just for example.

• Like 1

@Redarmy, 

So glad you asked.

On that note, I do encourage anyone with experience and the willingness to contribute to stop into our discord / website / teamspeak and say Hello!

We do have several contributors to this project and they are starting to be added to the steam contributor / readme listings.

I have a fixed model from @lolkij that i will be updating with in the next 24 to 48 hours.

I also have some code optimizations from @NiiRoZz that I have to test and do a few modifications for some of my newer work.

• Like 13

Also Big NEWS: @AxiosODST is working on a fully custom Chernarus map with work from many of our contributors.

cheroredux.jpgchernoredux1.jpg

With this mod we don't even need Chernarus Plus anymore! Great job!

• Like 3