This terrain (as some will know) comes from the world of A Song of Ice & Fire or more commonly known as Game of Thrones. It is the entire continent of Westeros (plus the Stepstones). I have been wanting to start a new terrain project and decided on going with this. I think it will be a great terrain for Arma 3 because besides its GoT connection, it offers various biomes and topography. It will also give me a reason to build a bunch of castles on the map  :P. I am working out the total size of the map still, but it is looking like it is going to be at least 30km x 30km. Any and all updates I have on the terrain will make their way here. 

gi9Y9Wr.png

NFfmJHK.jpg

MBvsOBT.jpg

• Like 6

Wow...that certainly different! :) Will you be adding The Wall?

Wow...that certainly different! :) Will you be adding The Wall?

The contour lines on the map do indicate there might be a very large wall there :P 

The contour lines on the map do indicate there might be a very large wall there :P

I noticed that-I suppose I meant "Will you be constructing a Wall or will it just be a very steep sided mountain"   :)

The wall is built into the terrain. i will do some outposts on top and stuff like that. Right now the terrain is very steep but for the most part the wall wont change.

6a21uOC.png

• Like 2

Ooooh! Looks good :) One other question-are you planning to populate with modern buildings?

Well, mainly I am going to build out the castles first for all the main kingdoms and other notable castles like Castle Black, Harrenhal, Dragonstone. I don't plan on using or really know of any buildings that I could get that would be realistic for the GoT setting. I would like to have something "older" to use but I will most likely be limited to vanilla and CUP assets. 

• Like 2

Well, mainly I am going to build out the castles first for all the main kingdoms and other notable castles like Castle Black, Harrenhal, Dragonstone. I don't plan on using or really know of any buildings that I could get that would be realistic for the GoT setting. I would like to have something "older" to use but I will most likely be limited to vanilla and CUP assets. 

This is awesome :)

• Like 1

Ewww (positive)! I was searching for a map with multiple bioms (snow, desert). Good luck!

Ewww! I was searching for a map with multiple bioms (snow, desert). Good luck!

Uhm, you know that "ew" is a word used to express disgust?

Anyway, this map look like a really cool idea, too bad there isn't really any medieval/fantasy assets available.

• Like 1

Uhm, you know that "ew" is a word used to express disgust?

I know, but I often say "ewwww that's nice". Wonder why...

• Like 1

I know, but I often say "ewwww that's nice". Wonder why...

Maybe you meant "Ooooh that's nice"?  ;)

• Like 1