2 hours ago, Berntsen said:

Sorry to hijack the thread here, but are you perhaps one of the devs of Kobbsvatn?

No, I am not. The map I'm making is from Mistfjorden / Sjunkhatten National Park. I haven't posted anything about my project here since it's my first time with terrains.

Kobbsvatn looks absolutely incredible. That tunnel! Crazy. So thank you for bringing it to my attention!

// sorry for off topic.

• Like 1

So I have held off posting until you had shown more of the map, while I was very much looking forward to your old map horde, this has started to excite me more. Between this and Suonkomar Sahav you have quickly become one of my favorite mod maker for arma as of late. I have one question now that I have seen the naval guns, do you intend to add some underground areas like horde? Of course I do not expect them to be on the same scale, but I cannot help but hope for some small bunker areas. 

Keep up the damn fine work.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-17 at 6:13 AM, Sgt Potter said:

stuff + 

I have one question now that I have seen the naval guns, do you intend to add some underground areas like horde? Of course I do not expect them to be on the same scale, but I cannot help but hope for some small bunker areas. 

Keep up the damn fine work.

Thanks.

That is classified information.

I will try :)

• Like 5

I just wanted to say that so far looks really impressive. I can relate to some of the landscapes around the town I live in.

If it ends being half as good as the Unnamed Cambodia you made or better, it's going to be legendary. 

• Like 7

So far a really impressive map. My sincere respect! I have tried times on maps and can only guess how much work you have done.
I can not wait for the release. :D
Do you already know when?

8 hours ago, tat2devil said:

So far a really impressive map. My sincere respect! I have tried times on maps and can only guess how much work you have done.
I can not wait for the release. :D
Do you already know when?

Thanks. Not any time soon. My jungle terrain has priority.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bludski said:

Thanks. Not any time soon. My jungle terrain has priority.

Jungle???? :)

@bludski Have you considered adding the Malden buildings to Nord after Malden's release? heres a screen of a majority of the reskins or new structures added in dev build and coming on the 22nd D763077517B69791DE2A9290987D714B55338D42

• Like 3

On 6/2/2017 at 8:51 PM, LykosMactire said:

@bludski Have you considered adding the Malden buildings to Nord after Malden's release? heres a screen of a majority of the reskins or new structures added in dev build and coming on the 22nd 

Don´t forget the Apex buildings, now that everyone will be able to use terrains that were previously dependent on Apex. BI is really going out of their way this time.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, tat2devil said:

News from Nord map? :f:

Greetings Michael

Rules of BI forums is dont ask for update, he will likely continue once hes done with his jungle map

• Like 1

On 24.6.2017 at 3:36 AM, LykosMactire said:

Rules of BI forums is dont ask for update, he will likely continue once hes done with his jungle map

Sorry for asking

3 hours ago, tat2devil said:

Sorry for asking

Its fine just for future reference. From looks his jungle map has released so we MAY see something soon

Sorry but you won't. I may make a statement as to why when some things clear up with arma future and legacy features currently not working in the game. NORD is in limbo indefinitely. Basically, Nord citizens need water to live. My focus is on my jungle project and some secret ones related to that ;) 

• Like 3

This project is pretty much cancelled in favor of my Cambodia project for the following reasons:

#1 No inland water due to CalmWater shader being non functional in Arma 3 and I have lost hope we will see it at all within Arma 3 lifetime.

Improvised puddles won't cut it in an area where permafrost and running water defines the terrain.

#2 Not enough vegetation assets of apex quality suitable for use in a nordic environment. Doing this is not even close to rewarding enough in any way that it is worth my time creating them. I want to make terrains. Not assets.

Arma 2 objects simply look their age way too much. Most the time is spent creating workarounds that may not even do anything but harm in six months for all I know. I don't accept glow in the dark objects.

#3 My south east asian terrains are lots more fun to work with as I don't have to spend much time working around limitations and undocumented features and all my time is spent making a nice environment.

#4 A map bigger than 16km doesn't allow for enough terrain detail to make this interesting to me and even with 16x16km and 2m cell size you are outside of TB supported specs. Things start working incorrectly or not at all.

I still want to make a pretty Scandinavian terrain and this one may be resumed when we have enfusion powered arma and european assets with current visual quality.

My biggest wish is for BI to make the Dayz version of Chernarus available to Arma as a dlc. I would instantly resurrect this project.

-blud

I will develop and support this terrain and everything related to it instead for as long as I'm into arma and future game versions as long as possible: 

• Like 10

Unfortunate news. I was looking forward to a Scandinavian map. But the choice is yours my friend.

Would you like the thread to be closed?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

Unfortunate news. I was looking forward to a Scandinavian map. But the choice is yours my friend.

Would you like the thread to be closed?

I'd just rather spend time on making feasible projects that are as good as they can be than having several mediocre mods that never reach potential.

Hadn't thought about it. I'm not deleting the source files and it might get resurrected some day, depending on tech things.. Might let someone else use the artwork if I like what they are doing so might as well keep it open for now :)

Thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bludski said:

Hadn't thought about it. I'm not deleting the source files and it might get resurrected some day, depending on tech things.. Might let someone else use the artwork if I like what they are doing so might as well keep it open for now :)

Thanks.

Alright no problem! If you want this closed at anytime just PM me or any other of the moderators. Same for getting it open again. :)

• Like 2

I think it's a pity that they give up North. I think the pictures and video very credible and since there are no such maps in arma3 :(

• Like 3

:(

I hope some day you return to scandinavia at least. Not necessarily this project, but anything. Your talent is immense and even a 2.5 x 2.5k terrain would be amazing from you. Good luck with your new direction though. I look forward to the next installments in this Cambodia series.

• Like 4

On 08/07/2017 at 0:50 AM, GamerOnkel said:

I think it's a pity that they give up North. I think the pictures and video very credible and since there are no such maps in arma3 :(

On 08/07/2017 at 1:24 AM, wsxcgy said:

:(

I hope some day you return to scandinavia at least. Not necessarily this project, but anything. Your talent is immense and even a 2.5 x 2.5k terrain would be amazing from you. Good luck with your new direction though. I look forward to the next installments in this Cambodia series.

We will see in the future. It just isn't fun with the current limitations. Making a tropical terrain, for obvious reasons, is very fun. 

Maybe I will make a nordic one for Dayz when they open for that and then put that in arma when both are enfusion and all the broken stuff is removed.

Currently have more than enough working on my jungle and a secret unannounced thing that is tiny and egg shaped with rotating parts with my buddy @TeTeT and another friend or two. ;)

The teasers for this terrain were nothing short of amazing, so I am quite sad to hear the news, but I completely understand your sentiment. I have never attempted any large projects, but I've dabbled in various aspects of ArmA modding long enough to know how pointless it can feel when you don't reach the results you've been working towards. The jungles of Cambodia are more than satisfying right now, though, and by the sounds of your secret project I might have to give Low Level Hell another read ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gilatar said:

spoiler

The rumors that such a book would be required reading for said secret project, however true they may or may not be are entirely fabricated and not to be trusted. It is fake news. 

It would absurd to make a connection with something like that and my jungle terrains. Nothing to be excited for really.

• Like 3