I'm keen to build a Ghost Recon campaign on this - looking for a Euro plus winter theme.

If I tell you what I need in the way of places of interest maybe we can work something out - will PM you.

Will create the whole back story to go with it too.

Ghost Recon lives in me.

• Like 3

I'm going to say this is the most natural and most incredible landform I've seen in an Arma map to date.

• Like 2

I'm going to say this is the most natural and most incredible landform I've seen in an Arma map to date.

Thanks. Waiting for pm:)

This looks stunning. I hope you can reach your goal. I see so much potential with this map.

I think i'll reach the goal, it just depends how playable i can get the terrain in that time and if i can get into models by then :)

• Like 1

As a fellow Tromsøværing, I have to say this really surprised me!
And that it's insanely cool. Keep it up bludski, and I'll definitely be around when you release it for public use/testing!

:)

• Like 1

Thank you.

Exactly this reason is why i chose this region. I'm not sad at all the previous project had to end. I had mad fun making it. Just that the circumstances that led me to it were undocumented was a bit sad. They have been documented now :)

After having been in  production for about a week, this map is more finished in some respects than the other map ever was, simply due to this one having around six islands and some rocks and the other one had several hundred islands and that nasty coastline.

Compared to the other map that would have 3-4 fairy large cities, this one has only one city and 7-8 villages.

The previous map had 3-4000 roads and this one is pretty much covered now and only has about 350.

The tundra won't be completely accurate but this is due to gameplay concerns. There is no real cover on the tundra so i'm adding smaller bushes inf can blend in with and rocks and similar so inf won't stick out like red on white from the air. You can see some experiments on this on a few of the screenshots, but i've yet to come up with a setup i'm comfortable with.

I totally get where you're coming from about the last project, and I guess in the end all that really matters is that you enjoyed it and had something to take away from it. Godspeed with this one.

• Like 1

It'd be cool if you hooked up with Project ASTFOR, this could become part of Asteland and you'd have a team which could support you with nordic style assets.

• Like 5

It'd be cool if you hooked up with Project ASTFOR, this could become part of Asteland and you'd have a team which could support you with nordic style assets.

Though i don't oppose working together with them, I don't really want to make this part of or require any other mods....

I don't personally know those guys either :)

I bet they are nice though.

The being part of Nordheim country thing is final.

And about mods and assets in general, I will only use ones where i can include the pbo with download. Currently only PoolPunk's objects.

Arma 2 objects get ported and slowly receive some slight textures love.

As for buildings in general, Since there won't be too many of them on this map, I will only use ones with interior except for the cherno cityblocks.

Already done with the apartment buildings to make them look more like how we do them in Norway. Probably going to make another texture version for it too for more variation.

Here's a pic:

B048146DDE3D35870CA2AF0A48F8A6C4A74E8E24

View towards south west. 12km range.

Just started laying out the only city on the map.

B36DA7E6B0CF9F6CF6A139921C08D4A942BD5760

The island is just under 5km long. 50% of the real one so expect street layout to look different once all roads and buildings are laid out.

Island is rotated 90 degrees cw in this pic.  ;)

• Like 8

I don't really want to make this part of or require any other mods....

Thanks !!

And that last pic above..WOW !

I mean i was just there checking the inflight to the airport :)

• Like 2

Thanks !!

And that last pic above..WOW !

I mean i was just there checking the inflight to the airport :)

Nice pic! Remind me to make a comparison one from the same angle once my airport is usable :D

This map has a nice feel to it, If it's half as good as the previous one where you hit the snag, it will be another " must have"

• Like 3

This map has a nice feel to it, If it's half as good as the previous one where you hit the snag, it will be another " must have"

Thanks man. I'm only doing things I know worked on the previous one. Plus with the aid of some extremely helpful guy called TeTeT, who had the patience to walk me thru it, i've got porting going too.. so no mod requirements!

90% done with the basics. after that is just detailing left. Which should take months..

But this time there is no learning or experimentation involved. Just painting objects and textures so i have a very good picture of what it involves.

• Like 3

New and Reworked ground textures from the previous map:

46A70204A3A5B6AC664CB95A4E1ABB0DA7BD93E7

0E83B5F1680FD4C94AAF2E9E96F2D2BA1DFB4A3A

FBFBF13F4C7FE2313B075726624D9BEF031773A9

7E714C9962138DC3AA3B40952F19EB3F99159E17

C270987641CE0E7240F816C5848F57356006008C

• Like 17

New and Reworked ground textures from the previous map:

Oh my god. This is so beautiful.

• Like 1

my only question is if im not mistaken you can set the grass draw distance, is there any chance you can make it further than altis or stratis, maybe something like CUP terrains' Nagova map, perhaps even a bit longer so the grass doesnt just cut off abruptly

my only question is if im not mistaken you can set the grass draw distance, is there any chance you can make it further than altis or stratis, maybe something like CUP terrains' Nagova map, perhaps even a bit longer so the grass doesnt just cut off abruptly

It is set to 100m and it cuts off on a gradient up to that distance. Any more than this and there won't be any fps to be had.

• Like 2

More pitchers. You guys like pitchers right?

Following power lines usually leads to something interesting..

B840EA0F30CE652397953AFF5ED3D50EBACA1A2FBA1E957131D9BE27CBA6D2A06D28393E5C468A3A

340A77CD1BDB2FEBAE56A76A8C196E3983B9B52B6A9BEA065813FB3E2C022E980BA7DD0862000741C142AB13F6193392074BEA717B57E22B88B96006

• Like 19