Jump to content
M1ke_SK

[RELEASE] Simple Bomb Defuse [script]

Recommended Posts

hello M1ke_SK How to use Bis Set task state Completed when Defuse the bomb and Task Field When Bomb Explode Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -XFIRE- said:

hello M1ke_SK How to use Bis Set task state Completed when Defuse the bomb and Task Field When Bomb Explode Thanks. 

 

use trigger to set task state as I explained two posts above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is CBA necessary? can't see info on that,

aaah I see, it works without CBA/ace but fancy HUD isn't visible.

great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goko-- said:

is CBA necessary? can't see info on that

 

No mods required. 

It supports ACE3, so if you are using ace, cba is requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, M1ke_SK said:

condition should return BOOL value, that means true or false. In your case it return null/nil as you add code with " ; " at end. Also you are using LOCAL variables (_bomb, _status) in global condition.

 

Try to name bomb object with global name, as "bomb1" (without "") and then in condition:

 


! (bomb1 getVariable ["a3f_bomb_active", true])

 

bomb1 - is name of your bomb object

true - is default condition in idle status of bomb

! - negation of status ( true is false and false is true ) - because we are waiting for bomb to have FALSE value, so when it does, condition in trigger will be TRUE and activate trigger

 

Work as intended thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I ran this script with ACE3 and the interaction menu for defusing bomb does not show up in dedicate server hosted mission, any idea why ?

 

Yes, I have a defusing kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 8:57 AM, Owling said:

So I ran this script with ACE3 and the interaction menu for defusing bomb does not show up in dedicate server hosted mission, any idea why ?

 

Yes, I have a defusing kit.

 

The same here, works in Eden local multiplayer, but not in dedicated

Trying to debug atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, highwave said:

 

The same here, works in Eden local multiplayer, but not in dedicated

Trying to debug atm

 

can you share your mission for debugging ? Or did you ran mission in zip file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 9:33 PM, M1ke_SK said:

 

can you share your mission for debugging ? Or did you ran mission in zip file?

 

Thanks for reply M1ke_SK, its an heavy modified KP Liberation mission, i send you in mp with modset 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mike,

 

I sent you all files in pm

 

Ive run your demo mission in dedicated and i've this error in RPT :

 

"fn_init | _object: 1f37ace8080# 38: device_slingloadable_f.p3d | _needKit: true | _debug: false"
"fn_getCondition | _needKit: true"
"fn_attachObjects | _object: 1f37ace8080# 38: device_slingloadable_f.p3d"
"fn_soundLoop | _object: 1f37ace8080# 38: device_slingloadable_f.p3d"
Error: Object(4 : 16) not found

 

BTW the result is the same as in Liberation mission : interaction doesnt works neither bomb bip sound

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 11:39 AM, highwave said:

Hi Mike,

 

I sent you all files in pm

 

Ive run your demo mission in dedicated and i've this error in RPT :

 

"fn_init | _object: 1f37ace8080# 38: device_slingloadable_f.p3d | _needKit: true | _debug: false"
"fn_getCondition | _needKit: true"
"fn_attachObjects | _object: 1f37ace8080# 38: device_slingloadable_f.p3d"
"fn_soundLoop | _object: 1f37ace8080# 38: device_slingloadable_f.p3d"
Error: Object(4 : 16) not found

 

BTW the result is the same as in Liberation mission : interaction doesnt works neither bomb bip sound

 

 

 

Object you are using for bomb should be "metalbarrel_f.p3d", not "device_slingloadable_f.p3d". In that case explosives are not placed correctly.

You should comment line in bomb.sqf

//null = [_object] spawn bomb_fnc_attachObjects;

 

From error message it clearly appears  that you modified my demo. Please run it without changes and see if runs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 8:57 AM, Owling said:

So I ran this script with ACE3 and the interaction menu for defusing bomb does not show up in dedicate server hosted mission, any idea why ?

 

Yes, I have a defusing kit.

 

Can you post what version of ACE3 / CBA_A3 you are using ?

Do you have ace_main.pbo enabled ?

 

Did you test with my demo mission or your custom mission?

Do you have whitelist for remoteExec functions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow, what a great and super simple script. Works right away, thanks! 🙂

just download the file, unzip and put it into the mission folder, there you go. 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 8:57 AM, Owling said:

So I ran this script with ACE3 and the interaction menu for defusing bomb does not show up in dedicate server hosted mission, any idea why ?

 

Yes, I have a defusing kit.

 

On 8/7/2019 at 9:41 AM, Captain Apple said:

Works in editor MP but doesnt work on dedicated for me.
EDIT: Could contact have anything to do with it?

 

Hi guys.
Did you try to put this in the INIT of your player:

this setVariable ["ACE_isEOD",1,true];

And you need to put "_this" and not "this" for the init of the barel (without quote), like that:

null = [_this, 10, true, false] execVM "bomb\bomb.sqf";

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 10:44 PM, ricoarma said:

 

 

Hi guys.
Did you try to put this in the INIT of your player:


this setVariable ["ACE_isEOD",1,true];

And you need to put "_this" and not "this" for the init of the barel (without quote), like that:


null = [_this, 10, true, false] execVM "bomb\bomb.sqf";

 

Tried, no luck.
No beeping sound, no interaction options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has this script working on dedicated with ACE interactions, lemme know. I'd appreciate every bit of info on how you made it work.
I get no beeping sound and no ace interactions. Barrel is there with the bombs and flashing light tho. Everything's fine on editor MP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is change/error in ACE function.

lY6064S.png

 

Need to check those changes, I guess there is already bug report on that on their github.

I will check it and probably try to FIX it or add some kind of config to use only VANILLA interaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to version 1.2.1

 

Changelog:

    v1.2.1
    - added new config parameter "_disableAce3" to disable ACE3 interaction menu

 

in settings.sqf you can find new config parameter _disableAce3

 

I set it by default to true, untill issue with ACE mod will be resolved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, M1ke_SK said:

There is change/error in ACE function.

Last ACE Update was in May, and the error there says it's the callers fault, not the ACE functions fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

Last ACE Update was in May, and the error there says it's the callers fault, not the ACE functions fault.

 

First error reported was in the May. So something in ACE changed that broke functionality of the script ¯\(°_o)/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, M1ke_SK said:

Updated to version 1.2.1

 

Changelog:

    v1.2.1
    - added new config parameter "_disableAce3" to disable ACE3 interaction menu

 

in settings.sqf you can find new config parameter _disableAce3

 

I set it by default to true, untill issue with ACE mod will be resolved

Lovely man, it is now working, the actions appeared for me on dedi, i greatly appreciate it!
On another note, the beeping sound didnt come up, except in editor MP, just so you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi i need help,

i want to include this script in a Hearts and Minds mission (IEDs spawn randomly an dynamic) so i want to set a classname from a object how the script is attached on when the object spawn

example:

null = [IEDLandSmall_F, 10, true, false] execVM "bomb\bomb.sqf";

but this dont running can you help me please to modify the script so that it is attached to every object with a specific classname

 

p.s. sorry for bad english

 

Nik

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I understand you need to create random bombs with different object (classes)

 

 

- place some markers on map where you want your bombs to spawn and name them "marker_0", "marker_1", ...

- write names of markers into _markers array

- define your class names of objects in _classes array

- put this script into initServer.sqf file in root of your mission. if it does not exits, create it

//initServer.sqf
[] spawn 
{
    // your defined classes of object
    _classes = ["IEDLandSmall_F", "Land_MetalBarrel_F"];

    // create markers on map where you want bomb to spawn
    _markers = ["marker_0", "marker_1", "marker_2"];

    // create bomb object
    _bomb = createVehicle [selectRandom _classes, getMarkerPos (selectRandom _markers), [], 0, "NONE"];

    // assign bomb functionality to object
    _b = [_bomb, 10, true, false] execVM "bomb\bomb.sqf";
};

- don't forget to comment line #9 in file bomb.sqf

//null = [_object] spawn bomb_fnc_attachObjects;

otherwise script will attach C4 to object and you don't want to have them on your IEDs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to version 1.2.2

 

Changelog:

    v1.2.2
    - prevent attaching objects and sounds to object if class is not Land_MetalBarrel_F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×